Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on October 7, 2014
These shoes look great and are very comfortable. Looks great with jeans or khakis. I recommend wearing a thick pair of socks during the initial breaking in to avoid some soreness. Once broken in, you'll barely notice they're on your feet. They have great traction and are nearly silent on most floor surfaces.

Yes, as other reviewer have stated, they run a bit large. I normally wear a 10(US) but, the 9.5 fits great.

-- Cons
The crape soles show dirt easily and seem to wear out quickly.
The beeswax leather scuffs easily; however, applying a light coat of beeswax after warming the leather has them looking almost new.
5 helpful votes
6 helpful votes
on February 22, 2017
These are the low-top version of the Desert Boots, and I prefer them because the heels fit better and don't slip. The boots don't cup your heels, but these do.

The sizing on these is a little off. I have a 9UK/10US, which is actually a little closer to a 9.5US. However, the size is also provided in millimeters, and the 9UK/10US is for a foot that is 265mm long, which is just under 10.5 inches. I think the sizes are in increments of 5mm. For example, an 8.5UK/9.5US should be for a 260mm foot, and a 9.5UK/10.5US should be for a 270mm foot. So, measure your feet!

I should also add that these stretch a lot, just like the boots. I have normal-width feet, and these shoes were almost painfully narrow the first time I put them on. They stretched to a normal width after I wore them for a few hours. They may stretch even more, if my past experience is accurate.
on October 10, 2017
I did not realize how much time would be required to break these shoes in. Don't wear them for more than an hour or two when you first get them, if you have to do much walking, or you could risk severe pinching. At least, that's what happened to the knuckles of my toes. I would probably give a 5 star review if not for that.

The shoes do look really good and can be dressed down for casual or dressed up a little. Versatile wardrobe option.
on February 26, 2015
I've always loved the look of the desert boot but they KILLED my feet. I thought I'd give these a try. These shoes arrive a little stiff and there isn't much to them. I wasn't sure how I felt about them when I first put them on and they take a couple days to break in. But once broken in, they're awesome. First of all, they look amazing with any attire. Shoes can make the biggest difference when you're in casual clothes. If you're wearing a sweater, jeans, and tennis shoes, you can look like a slob. But substitute these for the tennis shoes and you suddenly look classy. I've received numerous compliments since I started wearing them and will definitely be purchasing more pairs in the future. I usually wear 8.5 in Clarks but the 9's were perfect. Highly recommended!
on March 20, 2015
These are great. They are my go-to office shoes for daily wear. I have a pair of Desert Trekkers and love them because of their crepe soles and how comfortable they are but I wanted that same sole and comfort in something a bit dressier. I bought the model with the beeswax brown leather uppers. They are still "casual" and look good with jeans or khakis but I've worn them with a pair of navy dress pants, dress shirt, and tie, and it made for a great combo as well. I threw a pair of Dr Scholl's gel insoles in them to increase the cushion from the already soft crepe sole and they're the perfect, most comfortable daily wear shoe I have. I went to a Clark's retail store to try a pair on before I ordered them and I recommend this. A lot of people said order a size or half size down but I actually had to go the other way and order a full size up from my normal shoe size, even without the insoles. All in all a great pair of shoes, I love them.
on April 29, 2015
Awesome shoes. They're a little uncomfortable at first and you definitely have to go through the process of breaking them in, but once you do that they're really fantastic. They're perfect for dressing up a casual outfit or dressing down something that looks a little nicer. You really can't go wrong. My only gripe is that the crepe soles are kinda sticky and feel a bit strange. They've taken a little bit of time to get used to.
on October 17, 2016
I said they fit somewhat large because I read previous reviews. I went in to a Clarks store to try on what size I thought would fit and I was incorrect. I normally where a Men's 12, so that's what I tried on first. It was just a tad too big. Uncomfortably so. I went with the 11, a size down from normal, and they are great. I would recommend water proofing them for extra protection so that they last longer. But I love these shoes. It takes a little while for them to form to your foot shape, but once they do, they're the best shoes around.
on April 26, 2014
I ordered a half size smaller than usual and that was the right fit.

Also, the leather starts stiff and breaks in fairly quickly (a couple of days of office wear for me). Don't plan on long walking days right out of the box.

The finish on the leather shows any crease or mark, which is part of the design. It gives the shoe a worn, vintage look pretty quickly. Just don't expect a uniform brown leather, expect a weathered surface.

The crepe sole is pretty sticky (will pick up debris light debris) and will turn black on the bottom rim. It adds to the worn-in look.
on June 10, 2014
Comfortable. Seems well made. Bit stiff at first but breaks in within a few days. Several reviews mention ordering 1/2 size smaller. I wear a 12, and ordered a 12. It's roomy, but if it were any smaller, my pinky toe would be cramped.
5 helpful votes
6 helpful votes
on April 4, 2014
I've always loved Clarks shoes and this one didn't disappoint. The leather isn't super stiff so there were no cuts on my ankle from the leather digging in like all the other effing leather shoes that I've owned. It felt like the leather was more of a soft leather blanket rather than a dominatrix leather suit wrapped around my feet. The soles were soft and incredibly comfortable. Like the headline says, it feels like I'm walking on heaven and there are angels holding my feet up off the ground as I'm walking. Definitely recommend.
0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.