Industrial Deals HPC Magazine Deals Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New album by Luke Bryan Electronics Gift Guide $54.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on February 24, 2014
I've actually wanted a pair of Wallabee boots for decades, but just not enough to pony up the money. In addition to the high price, I also don't like the feel of tall heels, so I wasn't sure that I like the heel on the Wallabees (this is more about comfort then cosmetic.) But when I found these Gunn's on sale, with their slim soles, I had to grab them and I'm really glad I did. They look great and they're very comfortable. Like with many Clarks shoes, the amount of cushioning provided by such a slim sole is amazing.

I normally wear a 10.5-11 in shoes and a 10.5 with Clarks. So, I purchased them in both of those sizes, but have yet to receive the 10.5's, so this review is written on the size 11's, which I think I'll keep. Because of the square toe, I could probably fit into a 10.5, but I think they would be a little too tight. I have a little extra room with the 11's, but not anymore then I'd want and I think the size 11 fits perfect on me. Plus, I'll probably wear them with thick socks some times and there won't be any extra room then.

As others have noted, they are a little narrow, but mocs usually do run narrow. Plus, my feet run a little narrow and this just helps them fit snug on me, regardless of whether I have room to spare in the toes or not. They do not run particularly long, so don't worry about that. My suggestion would be to stick with your most common size, like I did, since I usually wear a size 11 in most shoes.

Several reviewers mentioned them rubbing around the heel or the shoe opening, and I can understand that. But while I haven't worn mine enough to say for sure that this won't be a problem for me, I'm not finding any discomfort yet. That's not usually a problem for me and I don't expect it to be one this time, either, but because they're narrow and have a somewhat hard band around the opening, I can see why some may complain about it.

Overall, they look and fit great and they're very comfortable, so I think I'm going to love them!

P.S. I purchased the olive pair, and as you may suspect, they're more green then in the pictures here or on the Clarks website, but they're still more of a grayish/brownish green color, which I think looks much better then in the pictures on either site.

Update: I received the smaller pair today (e.g. 10.5) and had to try them on to make sure I'd chosen the best size. Surprisingly, they fit quite well and had more toe room then I'd expected. Anatomically, the were probably a better fit, because the arch support was more appropriately located (note that I have size 10.5 feet, but fallen arches and long toes often require an 11 shoe size.) My biggest concern was probably with the width, because they were far more snug, and despite having plenty of room in the toe box, I struggled just to get them on my feet. In the end, however, I stuck with the size 11 pair to be safe and for a more comfortable fit while wearing with heavy socks. Either size would have worked, but while I hate for my shoes to be too large, I just thought the smaller size was just a little too snug on me (although, if it were a Summer shoe, I would have stuck with the smaller size.) So basically, if your feet are big for their shoe size, I'd definitely recommend going with the larger size, but if you have a narrow foot and you're not worried about them fitting snug, you might prefer the smaller. They are definitely somewhat narrow, but the length is okay.

Update 2: Another important point about this shoe is that the shoe opening is very small. It has an attached tongue, which probably contributes to this. Part of the reason why I went with the larger size is because I could barely get the smaller size on my foot. Once it was on, it didn't seem terribly small, but I suspect the snug fit of the shoe opening has something to do with the complaints of rubbing around the heel area. Putting on the larger size isn't a breeze, either, but it was much easier for me then the smaller one.
55 comments| 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 28, 2014
Good looking shoe that appears to be well made- they seem a trifle narrow. If you want a loose, "comfy" fit - you might pass on these. They do have a couple bothersome issues. The foot opening is pretty tight- you will not just "slip" these on. The lacing system does not provide a snug lace up feeling that I prefer (did not buy a slipper or loafer). If they are not snug, the HARD upper rolled edge will rub your Achilles something fierce. Out of the box, the leather of the shoe is very stiff- I hope that rim gets soft and broke in- until then I will wear a heavier sock. The foot bed is very comfortable, the sole has adequate traction. Overall, I'm very pleased with my purchase.
on September 22, 2014
I originally purchased this pair of men's Clarks Gunn Oxford Shoes for an elderly neighbor who is 91. The first pair was just a tad too snug since he wears thicker socks so he wanted me to send them back and get a half size larger. After I took them home to box them back up, my son who is 25 liked the look of them and tried them on. He said they were one of the most comfortable pair of shoes he's tried on in quite some time. I kept that pair and ordered another and both guys are super happy. So if you are looking for a pair of shoes that are timeless and loved by all ages these Clarks are for you.
on August 15, 2014
They are nice shoes. I was traveling overseas doing some training and had to walk around a lot during the day. The pedometer on my phone was at 10+ moles daily.
I put these shoes into the rotation and they are stiff. They look good but they are quite stiff right on my ankle. Right in the wrong spot and I got blisters. I played through the pain and kept them in the rotation.
I now live a flip flop lifestyle(see my reviews on Sanuk sandles), and I no longer require these kind of shoes. Will save for an occasion or send to the goodwill.
on November 2, 2015
i love clarks but i don't know i was out of luck on those ones i bought them, i wore them couple of times trying to handle them but they were always tight on my ankle ( back of my foot ) So i just left them in my closet, and the reason i didn't return them is when i ordered them i was in vacation overseas and when i came back home it was too late for me to return them, anyway, thanks Amazon
on September 13, 2015
Love these shoes & they were such a great deal when I bought them too. I usually wear a size 12/13 depending on the shoe/brand, & I decided to buy these in a 12. They fit perfectly, just like a glove, but are a little on the narrow side. They are not uncomfortably narrow, but if my feet were any wider, they would rub. Just be aware that you may need to buy a size up if your feet are wide.
on June 16, 2016
I love the style of these shoes, but they are just not comfortable. They rubbed on my ankle and I can barely walk in them for an hour. This is quite unfortunate as I have been a fan of Clarks for years. I will continue to wear them, but I wouldn't recommend them to a friend.
review image
on July 27, 2014
LIGHTWEIGHT, PERFECT FINISH ON EVERY DETAIL, AS ALWAYS CLARKS DEMONSTRATE A LOT OF CARE ON CUSTOMER SATISFACTION, DEFINETELY I RECOMMEND THOSE SHOES
on May 22, 2015
I really wanted to love these shoes, BUT they're too small. I have 4 other pairs of Clarks that are a size 12 and fit perfectly. Naturally, I ordered a size 12 in these. I should have sent them back but didn't. I thought they would stretch if I wore them a lot, but they're sitting in my closet now. I hate having BRAND NEW shoes that I can't wear. ORDER A SIZE UP!
on April 1, 2016
GREAT
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.