Amazon Vehicles Beauty Trade in your textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop now Book House Cleaning masterpiece masterpiece masterpiece  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 35 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 39 reviews
on September 16, 2015
I read all these reviews before I placed my order and decided to order a half-size up from my normal shoe size. When I tried on the Pikko Alto Chukka boot, the width is fine, but they are a good inch or so long in the toes. If I ordered my usual size, my guess is that they would fit great in the toes but would also have a chance of being uncomfortably narrow. Since they are flat-bottomed shoes, the arch support is what you would expect from a pair of Chuck Taylor's.

The back of the shoe digs into your legs if you try to point your toes out and the rubbing could cause discomfort after walking over a decent period of time if you decide to wear either no socks or ankle socks. I had no issues with rubbing or digging while wearing wool socks with them and these could be issues just because the shoes haven't been broken in yet. The issue I have with them right now is that the knot for the laces digs into the top of my foot.

Overall, the length of the shoe is an inch or so too long for me but not long enough to be an issue with walking or stairs. I haven't done too much walking in them just yet and will update this after I wear them for a while.
on February 3, 2015
BE WARNED - Ordering Clarks Desert Boots and Originals online is a big gamble as there no consistency in Clarks' sizing, both in terms of length and width.

Despite doing a large of amount of research before buying, 3 out of 4 of the pairs of Clarks boots that I've ordered online have proven not to fit true to the advertised size. In one case, the size on the box did not actually match the actual size of the boots sent to me. Very annoying and expensive.

Significantly, these online purchases has proven both disappointing and costly as given that they have been international orders, it has proven not viable in terms of international shipping costs to post back to the sender.

I'm a fan of Clarks Desert Boots as a product, however buying them online can be a costly gamble as depending on the age of stock (Clark has recently changed it's sizes from a narrow fit to standard fit) and the reliability of the sender's information and service (the online product description doesn't match the actual delivered product), you can end up shoes that do not fit properly.

My suggestion based on my experience, unless you don't mind your shoes/boots being too loose or too tight, buy shoes after trying them on in person, not online, as you will never know what you will receive.
on May 1, 2014
I like these boots/shoes because they are so casual to wear with just about anything. The canvas exterior easily gets dirty and needs cleaning regularly. I don't know if it's just me but they may have faded when I cleaned them a couple of times, but I only used a damp wash rag no chemicals. The fit is true to size but the comfort is as expectedly uneasy due to the flat sole, but not a deal breaker because of the unique style they showcase. I've gotten compliments from my coworkers, friends and family all liking my shoes, it's a good feeling. I work in a pizza place and accidentally wore these to work and got really trashed by flour, grease, and random sauce I kept wiping off through the night. In conclusion these shoes weren't meant for everyday wear because they dirty easily, nonetheless if you can keep them clean and indoors these are not a gamble and add a nice compliment to any wardrobe.
on October 1, 2014
I like a fairly flat shoe unless I am hiking and this fits the bill. I wouldn't want to walk in the rain in it (canvas upper), but it works well as a moccasin-like shoe for wear around the office. If you want to wear socks of athletic or ragg thickness, I would recommend ordering a half size larger than your actual size.
on December 4, 2014
I have 3 pairs of original clarks size 11 (desert boot, wallabee, weaver boot) and all of those run bigger than these. I got these shoes in 11.5 and I'm so glad I did. They are stiff out of the box, but I loosened the laces and spent a day walking around with them and they break in really well. Must wear higher socks with these as the back will rub your heel every now and then. Otherwise, a comfortable great looking pair of shoes.
on October 16, 2014
This shoe was a great price and was exactly what I ordered. I did return the product though for two reasons. First, even though they fur length wise my toes felt really cramped. Secondly the stiffness of the shoe really rubbed more than I cared for on the ankle. The return process was as easy as always with Amazon with a quick turn around on my refund. The shoe may have loosened up a bit and been more comfortable the longer I wore them, but why experience even discomfort if I do not have yo?
on June 27, 2014
I am a consistent Clarks customer. As a lover of fashion they accomplish both utility and beauty seemingly effortlessly. These shoes would be worn by a modern Hermes: the god of trade. Light, yet sturdy, and very compatible for all day medium duty use. I really like them.

My only complaint is they seem to run about a half size large. Good thing I have thick socks.
on January 23, 2016
Very satisfied with these shoes and seller. As indicated in other reviews, they run .5 size smaller than other Clark's shoes. I also own a pair of Bushacres in men's US 8 and they are identical in size to the Pikko Alto 8.5.
on November 24, 2015
I saw a lot of comment as being not fit or too narrow. Well, it appears to be that way at first, but after you wear those comfortable and trendy shoes a couple times, you will absolutely love it !
on September 10, 2014
These shoes look real nice, I got lots of complements, but they should have support for the back of the heels. They tend to rub against the back of my heels and caused blisters. I will have to try heel support inserts, see if that works.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question