Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by Josh Ritter PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 298 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 330 reviews
on September 13, 2013
I bought these shoes for commuting so that I could wear something that was comfortable enough for walking but still look reasonable with my business clothes. These shoes are pretty versatile, and have worked well for this purpose as well as just a good casual shoe to wear with jeans. Overall I have been pretty pleased with the look and comfort of the shoes.

However, the shoes have what I consider to be a major design flaw in the sole. After owning them for about a year I noticed my feet started getting wet when walking to work in even light rain and even more surprising when the rain had stopped but the ground was still wet. I tried applying 2 coatings of mink oil to increase their water resistance, really working it into the seams where the sole is stiched to the upper. This seemed like the most likely culprit to me. However, this didn't do a thing, I still found the area under the ball of my foot getting completely wet ever time it was even just damp outside. I finally realized the problem the other day. Clarks inserted a logo into the sole of each shoe (which you can see in the image). The logo is made of a separate piece of plastic/rubber and is simply glued into a hole molded into the sole. Well, I realized the logo is now pulling away from the sole at the edge, leaving a handy port for water to flood right into my shoe. This is really bad design which has ruined what would otherwise still be a perfectly good pair of shoes. The uppers and the rest of the shoe are still in good shape, but it is ridiculous to have a shoe that can't go out in damp weather.
on March 5, 2017
Disappointing product quality. The shoe actually had a good fit, but the heel area loosened up considerably over the first few months of use. This resulted in poor heel support and subsequent foot pain. Moreover I discovered recently that there are leaks in the seams near the toe areas on both shoes. My socks got wet from walking on wet ground after a heavy rainfall (see photo). I know shoes aren't going to last forever but I am pretty disappointed with the overall quality.

I emailed Clark's about it and they said they would like to inspect the shoes. If the shoes are found to be faulty they will replace it with a comparable model. I have to pay for shipping and handling but I think that's reasonable given the circumstances. The shoes are, after all, 2 years old now. I will update the review once I have this issue resolved.
review image
on January 25, 2016
This was my first pair of Clarks and I am a fan now. I chose these because of the stylish look. I always associated Clark's with senior citizens. Boy, was I wrong!! These look & fit great and were comfortable right out of the box. No break- in required. They go great business casual with khakis or weekends in jeans. And after five years of medium wear, they still look great! I highly recommend.

Funny story, I was visiting an out of town friend who I hadn't seen almost a year. My wife and I were meeting he and his wife for dinner. This was shortly after I had purchased these shoes, so I definitely wanted to wear them. When we meet outside the restaurant, I look down and say, "hey, I like your shoes." Be looks down and says, "hey, I like yours too." We had on the same pair! So all through dinner we go on and on about how much we like the shoes. The wives were like, "ladies, will you shut up about your awesome shoes already!" Yeah, that shut us up....

But seriously, super shoe.
on March 3, 2015
I saw Clark's shoes advertised in GQ magazine so I thought I would give these a try. I am very happy with this purchase. These shoes are very nice and comfortable. They are sleek and very stylish and can be worn office business or fully casual. They are a tad lighter weight than I expected, but hopefully will prove durable. Furthermore, they provide plenty of room in the toe area which is good for me since my feet are mildly claustrophobic. Thanks Amazon for carrying a great product!
on June 15, 2014
I've had one pair of Clarks previously. They were the ankle high boot style with relatively soft rubber sole. The insole on them was cheap and thin and - that's where I'll start with these:

The insole is worse. Unlike the cheap thin insole on the boots, this insole is similarly cheap, but formed to climb the inside wall of the shoe about 1/2". The problem with this? The sides aren't glued to the side of the shoe so - when you slide your foot in you instantly feel like you're wearing a shoe that's trying to cut the side of your foot off - albeit with a dull blade.

So why 4 stars?

The price + a $10 pair of Dr Scholl's insoles made these a great bargain/fit/style for everyday use at work and --- they look great with khaki pants. I anticipated the cheap insoles given my experience with the boots and - figured I'd have to replace them immediately to avoid any discomfort.

I highly recommend anyone buying these plan on solving the insole issue as well - otherwise you're in for a really unhappy experience.

The exterior is nice - stitching is good enough that I haven't bothered to stare at it for mistakes and the outer sole seems much more resilient than the boots.

I'm happy with this purchase and would recommend them/purchase again.
on December 25, 2016
I wore my first pair of Clark Touareg Oxfords in 2006 and worked at the time in a Manufacturing plant so this was not a comfy office environment. So after 9 + months I expected these things to shows serious wear however these Clarks were absolutely amazing and I vowed ever since then I would try and have a pair of in my closet. Amazing nearly to legendary status if Amazon offered more stars on the review I'd select em for these things !! I'd highly recommend them superb build quality, very good looking shoe, and overall excellent value for the price !!!
on July 29, 2013
I bought a pair in brown, as I have a black pair that are great. The brown color of the pair I received is quite different than the pictures - a lot lighter, except for the center part of the toe which is the darker pictured color. So, I got a pair of light brown shoes with a big dark stripe down the middle. Ugly.

As for this model of Clarks, they're great, sturdy oxfords for work, can go either casual or fairly dressy with them. I've had my black pair for years and they still wear great. Just don't order them in brown.
on August 31, 2014
I ordered the size that I normally wear, but this pair of shoes fit way too large. I am not sure if sizing it down would help but even cinching the laces down all the way didn't help the looseness around the top of my feet...just below the ankles. The quality of shoes also looked $50. However, it looked good enough for me to keep them if they fit properly but sadly, and sorry to the merchant, have to return them.
on August 30, 2017
These casual leather shoes are so comfortable, I had to get a second pair in black. Clarks stop making this style and I'm glad I found theses
some guys are asking where can they get them.
on September 29, 2013
I would normally never buy shoes online, but I already owned a pair of these that I had worn through and just wanted an exact replacement. For the price difference vs. retain, you can't pass it up.

I do my fair share of walking. Back when I was in school, I could go through a pair of dress shoes in 6 months, as in wear completely THROUGH the soles. The uppers would be ok, but the soles would just plain wear through.

When I first bought a pair of these, they lasted me 4+ years before the soles wore thin and the uppers started cracking. That's with a fair amount of snow and rain exposure factored in. I would polish and shine my shoes when they needed it, but at the end, the polish would only last so long before it wore off because of the degraded condition of the leather.

I do like the look and style of these shoes. Out of the box, they were very tight across the ball of my foot, but have since stretched some. I expect the leather will soften up and be more comfortable as time goes on.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question