Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning americangods americangods americangods  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 3,007 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 3,253 reviews
on December 2, 2015
I ordered two pairs of these Beeswax Clark's Original Desert Boots from two different websites for comparison. One from Amazon, and one from the Clark's website. There are noticeable differences between the two. (SEE PHOTOS)
The pair I ordered through Amazon (on the left) are made of thinner, less quality leather. The ones from Clark's (on the right) are a much beefier, thicker leather with a higher quality grain and have more of a "real leather boot" feel. Whereas the ones from Amazon feel somewhat like cheap knockoffs in comparison. They are still a decent shoe for the price. But compared to the ones from Clark's they seem much flimsier.
review image review image review image review image review image
1313 comments| 434 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 11, 2016
I love these shoes. I wear them almost every day for work. The quality is very high.

The width is great for people with wide feet. Consider getting them a 1/2 size or so smaller. I often wear 13 in sneakers to get enough width. These had plenty and were pretty long, too, for a 12. But it worked out. I like having extra space. You may not.

The leather wears beautifully. The laces died pretty quick, but I found some nice replacement ones on Amazon (OrthoStep Waxed Very Thin Dress Round Classic Brown 27 inch Shoelaces).

One downside to all of the thick leather is that they don't breathe well. To mitigate this, I wear Fox River Wick Dry CoolMax Liner Socks under all of my socks. That does the trick. I prefer to take them off for a bit during the day at the office, but I can wear them all day if I need to with the liner socks.

The sole wears better and is more comfortable than I anticipated. The one downside is that it doesn't have good grip in wet conditions. On textured or rough concrete, it's fine. On smooth concrete, it slips every so often.

I also love that I can wear these with any pair of pants, from very casual to dressy (if needed).
on January 23, 2017
I usually wear a 10.5 and that is what I ordered in these boots. They fit slightly large, especially in the toebox and heel. if I wear thick wool socks they are more comfortable however the heel still moves which can cause some pain. These are not very slim boots; if you are wearing skinnier jeans they may look a little disproportional due to their size and shape. Walking in them is comfortable and they are very light. My pair had significant creasing on the toe and while it does not look bad, the boots will look preworn when you buy them. Another minor issue is that the laces cannot be tied very tightly, exacerbating the issue of loose shoes, and often come undone.
on May 23, 2017
The Clark's Desert Boot in the sand-suede color with the crepe sole is simply the greatest shoe ever made. Period. They are timeless, sharp, handsome, rugged, stylish and casual: all at the same time. Nothing looks better with a pair of jeans than these beauties. Spray them lightly with a nubuck/suede protector, and gently brush them with a proper bush (use Angelus suede cleaner for dirt, and a Shacke brush - both sold here on Amazon). Make sure to only buy the "crepe" soled version of this shoe, and not the inferior, cheaper version with a rubber sole. There is amazing history behind the crepe-soled shoe that dates back to just after World War 2, and how these shoes were originally made in a bazaar in Cairo. If you watch Anthony Bourdain's travel/documentary shows on various networks, both new and old, you will see how darn nice these shoes look on a man of any age. Yes I am partial as I have worn these dogs on my feet for more than 20 years. I used to wear the Clark's "Palmer Boot" that Nordstrom sold until some Clark's "suit" idiotically made the decision to cease production of them - correct me if I am wrong please.
on November 8, 2014
Clarks Desert Boots are the most versatile pair of shoes I own. I wear them all the time, and they work for almost any casual social gathering. They work with chinos of almost any color, they work with jeans, some people even pull them off with shorts. Eventually we all have to graduate from wearing sneakers everywhere, and this is the pair of shoes to graduate to.

One word of caution, breaking them in will be a process. When I first bought them I wore them for like two days in a row to only moderate discomfort, but I literally bruised my toe in the process from the bend in the leather. I couldn't wear them again for over a week. Eventually, after probably a month of semi-regular usage they were softened up and now they are extremely comfortable. Well worth the pain.

Fit is accurate, might be sliiiightly large. I usually wear between a 12 and 13 depending on the shoes, and these are 12's with a bit of room.
on May 4, 2015
First time wearing these, I'm very happy look dope ! I went half a size down and fit perfectly, could have possibly gone a whole size down but happy I didn't. The sole feels. But weird to walk on and will take time getting used to but overall so far a great shoe. Will need to wear them more to see how they go.
review image
on November 16, 2015
The shoes become distressed very quickly (week after box) and this is something I wanted but the problem is that the shoe becomes so distressed that it doesn't last very long. The boot is cheap because it's made of very thin and cheap leather , I think you are paying more for the brand name then the quality. The sole will slowly be eaten away and the leather will start wrinkling and quickly cracking. Even with some mink oil applied the leather still managed to crack where the shoe tends to bend. They look old and distressed when worn for a few days and shoes will probably last another month before they're in the trash.
review image
on February 15, 2017
I purchased the beeswax style of these boots about a year ago, and I can truly say that the only real reason I would buy another pair of these boots are the aesthetic value and the durability. I have received many complements on them, and they are still in good shape a year later. No holes or worn out soles or anything. Where these boots fall short are 1) this may be specific to me but these things tore my heels up for about 2 weeks until I broke them in. Prepare to deal with this. 2) if you live anywhere where it rains a decent amount, beware. I live in the PNW. Due to the way they are stitched, water very easily seeps in through the toe portion. I actually wore them today in light rain and didn't step in any puddles. I walked for 15 minutes and by the time I got home the front third of both my feet were wet. This is not an isolated incident. There have been times I have gotten out of class and it is raining and the same thing happens. And this is after I have applied sno seal to them. 3) Going along with the rain, these things are extremely slippery on certain surfaces in the rain and I have almost slipped multiple times while wearing them.

While these boots look great and have held up pretty well, its pretty dissapointing that I pick my 45 dollar vans over my 150 dollar Clarks boots when its raining due to the fact that the vans keep my feet dry for longer than 10 minutes and I don't have to worry about eating s***. If you live in a less rainy climate though I guess it wouldn't be an issue. I guess they're called desert boots for a reason haha. Overall, I think they are a mediocre overpriced boot and do not perform well in any wet conditions. The only reason I would buy another pair is the way they look, and the fact that they are pretty well made. Side note: if you want to purchase these, be sure to get at least half a size to a size smaller than what you normally are. I am a 10.5 in vans and got a 10 in Clarks, I wish I would have got a 9.5.
on May 10, 2017
I accidentally purchased these in my normal athletic shoe size and had to send them back for a replacement. The vendor was very quick in getting the new order sent out as well as refunding me for the first one. This is the third pair of Clark's I've bought and I love love love them for spring/summer wear. With a pair of trouser socks, they're almost as good as bare feet when it gets hot out and they perfectly straddle the line between cool comfort and office/business casual appropriate. For this price, I may buy a third pair before they summer is out as they usually run about $130 in the Clark's store at the mall.
on November 10, 2016
Overall I am very happy with my purchase. The shipping was prompt and I received the boots sooner than I expected. I purchased Clarks Desert Boots in Beeswax finish. I purchased the boots a half size smaller than what I normally wear, like what was recommended from the other reviews, and they fit perfectly. To give you an idea, I normally wear a size 8 EE, but got a size 7 1/2 M. I have short, but wide feet—kind of like Flintstone feet. These boots definitely fit larger than what your normal size is.

The first day of wearing them was a bit uncomfortable. The leather and soles were stiff and tight, as to be expected with new leather boots. My feet hurt and I thought I might've made a mistake. However, I hung in there and wore them again and after two days of break-in they have become the most comfortable boot I have (I have two other pairs of Clarks—Medway style boots, which they don't make anymore). You need to wear them at least a couple of days consecutively in order to break them in—don't give up!!! My son, has the same Desert boots and told me to keep wearing them for several days in order to break them in and he was spot on! The leather stretches to fit your feet. You can't just wear them one day a week and expect they to break in.

If I have any issues with the boots it would be this—like I said my son has them same exact boots, but his were darker than mine. The boots I got were a lot lighter, quite a bit lighter actually. I almost thought they were the wrong boots (I had purchased the Beeswax color), but realized that not all leather boots will be exactly the same. I was about to return them, but decided to keep them and am extremely happy I did!

Some reviewers have said not to put sealant on them, but that is just nonsensical—I don't have the suede version so I cannot speak for that style of leather. I put Obenauf's Heavy Duty LP on my Clark's Desert Boots and it not only made them dark, but it has protected my investment—and that is what your Clark's are an investment. Some reviewers have also said that the Crepe soles are slippery—I live in Oregon and have not found that to be true, the gripping has been great!

If you are on the fence in purchasing these boots like I was, don't keep yourself from missing out on probably the most comfortable boots you'all ever own. If you have the money get them.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.