Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts spring Shop Popular Services henriettalacks henriettalacks henriettalacks  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 2,988 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 3,233 reviews
on December 2, 2015
I ordered two pairs of these Beeswax Clark's Original Desert Boots from two different websites for comparison. One from Amazon, and one from the Clark's website. There are noticeable differences between the two. (SEE PHOTOS)
The pair I ordered through Amazon (on the left) are made of thinner, less quality leather. The ones from Clark's (on the right) are a much beefier, thicker leather with a higher quality grain and have more of a "real leather boot" feel. Whereas the ones from Amazon feel somewhat like cheap knockoffs in comparison. They are still a decent shoe for the price. But compared to the ones from Clark's they seem much flimsier.
review image review image review image review image review image
1313 comments| 413 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 10, 2014
I purchased the Clark's BushAcre 2 boots shortly after Black Friday and got them for a very affordable $72 after shipping via Amazon. I don't know if I will come up as a verified purchase but I did purchase them.

I purchased the BushAcre 2's because I believed in some of the reviews on here that they are essentially the same shoe as the Clarks Desert Boot except for the sole. This is completely false. I own three pairs of the Desert Boot: Grey Suede and Black Leather and wanted to complete my boot collection by purchasing the Beeswax boot. Since the Beeswax BushAcre 2 looks almost identical to the Original Desert Boot, I gambled on the BushAcre 2's due to cost difference. I lost.

When I got the BushAcre 2 from Amazon, I immediately felt a size (cut) difference than the Desert Boot. The Bush Acre 2's are more narrow and far less comfortable than the Original Desert Boot. Both shoes run too big. Original Desert Boot about a size big. BushAcre 2 about .5/.75 size too big.

I went to the Clark's store in attempts to find the BushAcre 2 to confirm the difference but they said they do not carry them in the store and the BushAcre 2's are strictly "outlet" shoes---due to the cost difference. They also said that the quality of the Original Desert Boot is noticeable. At the time, I thought that was just sales speak but when the next day I returned my BushAcre 2's (got a full refund from Amazon!) and obtained the Original Desert Boot in Beeswax, I could definitely see what they were talking about. I immediately felt the size difference (as noted, the Orginal Desert Boot's run a full size bigger and the BushAcre 2's about .5/.75 size too big. I would only get the BushAcre 2's if I was really limited on spending. They are still a good value if you can get them in the $50-$65 range.

In Short:

Original Clark's Desert Boot- 5/5 in style, 5/5 in value, 4/5 in comfort, 4.5/5 in quality. runs a size too big. ($120)
Clark's Bush Acre 2- 5/5 in style, 4/5 in value, 3/5 in comfort, 3/5 in quality. runs a half size/.75 size too big ($80)

I think the BushAcre 2's are a good value if you value style over substance. People could possibly think they are the Original Desert Boots, since they look nearly the same, However, don't be fooled by just the outside of the shoe. After returning the BushAcre 2's I'm so glad I spent the extra $40 on getting the real deal, Original Clark's Desert Boot.
on January 23, 2017
I usually wear a 10.5 and that is what I ordered in these boots. They fit slightly large, especially in the toebox and heel. if I wear thick wool socks they are more comfortable however the heel still moves which can cause some pain. These are not very slim boots; if you are wearing skinnier jeans they may look a little disproportional due to their size and shape. Walking in them is comfortable and they are very light. My pair had significant creasing on the toe and while it does not look bad, the boots will look preworn when you buy them. Another minor issue is that the laces cannot be tied very tightly, exacerbating the issue of loose shoes, and often come undone.
on January 29, 2017
For some reason, I really wanted a pair of green shoes. But, they had to look nice and not be too flashy or horrendous looking. I found these boots and decided to go for it. The green is beautiful, it catches sunlight very well but stays overall somewhat muted, not glaringly gaudy but more subtly fashionable. I usually wear size 12-12.5, and the 12 fits perfectly.

The laces are a bit weird, seems like there should be an extra set of holes to loops them through, but the shoes stay on fine and don't wobble when walking. Glad that Clark's has so many interesting colors to chose from and I like the quality of the leather, would definitely buy another pair in the future.
on January 8, 2017
My favorite boot. I've had my first pair for about 2 years now and have ordered 4 more since.
Let's start with the pros:
1). Goes great with everything from jeans and a T-shirt to chinos and a blazer. The most versatile shoe in my collection.

2). Beeswax leather ages great. It will scratch and scuff and crease. But that's the whole appeal of the boots. It's ruggedness gives it character and almost tells a story. A guy who's wears his to a cubicle will end up with a different pair then someone who works in carpentry.

3). Great build quality. I've put my first pair through hell without ever coating/cleaning/conditioning the leather and they are still going strong after 2 years. Would I still wear them on a date? Probably not unless I was going for a rugged look.

Cons:
1). Insole. There really isn't an insole to this shoe. The crepe just meets a "insole" midway down the shoe till the heel. Not the best shoes if you're on your feet all day. All three of my pairs have memory foam insoles in them because my work keeps me on my feet and moving. If you work an office job this may not even be an issue. Anyone with foot problems, know you will need some sort of insole. (Memory foam works better than gels).
I've read several reviews saying these are "comfortable straight out of the box" or the "most comfortable shoe" they've owned. This is a load of BS. I don't have or have had any foot problems and these are just not good for being on your feet for extended periods of time. I own 5 different pairs from beeswax to suede to finished leather to the rubber soled version and I've found this to be true for all 5.

2). The crepe sole. I don't mind that it picks up dirt and darkens in fact it adds to the character. But you can not wear these shoes in the rain. The crepe sole is esstiantially a sponge with pours that end up wetting your feet. (I know they are desert boots, but if it rains a lot in your area these may not be the boots for you)
You can go with the rubber soles version Clark's offers but I own a pair and personally don't think the build quality is as good as on the original. You can see this on the lower price point as well between the two.
The crepe sole will get your feet wet in rain but the rubber soled version aren't built as well. Pick your poison there

Overall:
If you can overcome the idea of not wearing these in the rain and having to buy an insole these will be the best pair of boots you've owned. The best investment if you're budget is tight or your going minimalistic. Versatile and woman love them because they're stylish but still masculine.

Clark's sizing runs large. In converse I wear a size 10 and 10.5 in most other footwear. A size 10 works for me here
on November 16, 2015
The shoes become distressed very quickly (week after box) and this is something I wanted but the problem is that the shoe becomes so distressed that it doesn't last very long. The boot is cheap because it's made of very thin and cheap leather , I think you are paying more for the brand name then the quality. The sole will slowly be eaten away and the leather will start wrinkling and quickly cracking. Even with some mink oil applied the leather still managed to crack where the shoe tends to bend. They look old and distressed when worn for a few days and shoes will probably last another month before they're in the trash.
review image
on May 4, 2015
First time wearing these, I'm very happy look dope ! I went half a size down and fit perfectly, could have possibly gone a whole size down but happy I didn't. The sole feels. But weird to walk on and will take time getting used to but overall so far a great shoe. Will need to wear them more to see how they go.
review image
on July 15, 2014
I caught these on sale for about $60 and almost kept them because of the incredible price. With that said, I usually wear a size 14 and that's what I ordered but they were just too big. I am not used to wearing boots so I don't know if it's a boot thing or they actually were too big, so I sent them back.

Also, I feel I should note, in the short time I wore them around the house these would scuff very easily, especially where they bend when you walk. But I guess that's the point of boots, to have them roughed up and used looking
on October 7, 2013
I have always had a pair of these shoes in my wardrobe since 1970. They have always been my favorite. Every time I wear them people young and old pay compliments. They are always a little stiff and hard when just purchased, but after a while they turn to butter. Great for business casual, and fantastic with a pair of jeans. I am a school teacher. I wore them for the first time today and everyone had nice things to say. Each pair last me anywhere from two to three years. They clean well with a stiff suede brush. The history of these schools is also very interesting dating back to WWII. I love my Clark's.
on December 11, 2013
I bought this along with another pair to have all my color choices covered. Only shoes I wear outside of work in fall and spring. Wonderful shoes that are made with quality, comfort and ease in mind. Note that if you are particular about keeping these shoes in mint condition, they are not for you. These shoes tend to show everything, but I think it adds character.

BTW...I wear a EE width and these fit great! True to size too! Make sure to get suede protector and apply generously (according to directions) evry now and then!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.