Truck Reviews HPC Spring Reading Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc CMA Fest Electronics Gift Guide Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

VINE VOICEon June 21, 2016
When I was a boy, my mother discovered Clark's Desert Boots, somewhere around 1960. She bought a pair for my dad, and one for me. We each loved our new shoes, and Clark's Desert Boots were part of my wardrobe for decades. Then they weren't. I recently bought a pair of Joseph Abboud look-alikes, but the sole almost immediately came loose. So, palm to forehead, what was I thinking? I now own 3 pairs of Clark's, these being the newest. I spend a lot of time working convention booths and standing on concrete. These are the most comfortable shoes I've ever worn. Now I look forlornly at the other shoes in my wardrobe...what shall I do with them all? Highly recommended.
4 people found this helpful
on December 12, 2016
These are alright after some breaking in and slight modification.
When I first got these, they were absolutely killing my feet. There was no arch support, my feet would slide along the heels of the boots, and I was getting horrible blisters. What I found was with just the two pairs of eyelets, there wasn't enough to hold my feet back into the boot, so what I did was take them to a shoe cobbler and had him add a third set of eyelets evenly spaced above the existing eyelets. That made a huge different. As for the flat souls, after wearing these for about 3 days a week for 3 months, the soles get a slight imprint into the crepe below and your feet start to adjust, although I really wished they used a cork insole or added some arch support to them. Just don't plan on walking long distances in them. The Beeswax finish after developing some wear looks fantastic on these. The leather does soften and darken quite a bit if you decide to rub Clarks Weather Guard on them. Overall, I like the style and simplicity of them. I dislike the lack and support and initial comfort before I had to modify them.

For reference: I have medium arches. My feet measure 8 1/2 D on a Brannock device. I wear a size 9 in Nike Free running shoes. I had to order these in a size 7 1/2 for best fit.
on December 13, 2016
I bought Clark's in the green color. I am unfortunately unable to tell you how they feel after wearing them since I sent them back but they fit as expected. The color is exactly as pictured. The shoes I received had paint on them and huge scratches. The photos might help you though.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview image
4 people found this helpful
on February 15, 2017
I cannot believe the condition these shoes arrived in. In the attached pictures you can see what I ordered vs what I received. Very, very disappointed. Do not buy these shoes.
review imagereview image
7 people found this helpful
on August 19, 2017
Normally with Clarks you'll have to go down 1/2 to 1 full size but these fit as expected. For reference in New Balance I wear a size 8 1/2 and in Nike a size 9. In other Clarks desert boots a size 8 but with these I wear an 8 1/2. Beeswax Leather Clarks are thick and take time to break in, where these rust leather ones break in quickly but still great quality leather. Gum soles are more comfortable than the others but get dirty quickly.
on July 27, 2013
I just received my boots in the "beeswax" option, which is a brown leather. I am going to wear them all day today and update my review. But here are some initial thoughts:

style and quality: These boots are beautiful, really have that classic, handmade look to them. They are very masculine yet, but not industrial looking, so they would be great in a casual or formal context. The laces are very thin, so long as they don't break this won't matter.

Comfort: I followed the recommendations to get them a size smaller, and since I'm a size 12, I got 11. Initially, they have a very weird fit to them. They are a little more snug than I like on the top and sides, and the heel doesn't feel like it is securely in place when I stand in them. This is probably due to having two rows of laces.

Reason I'm leaving a review now is because people said you have to "break them in". They are great looking boots so I want them to work, and I don't have much experience with boots so I don't know how they should feel initially. I will update my review later

UPDATE: 8/5/2013

The first night I received them, I wore these boots for a night out downtown, where I have to walk down and up a 1/2 mile incline to get to and from my house, as well as probably a mile or two of walking while downtown. First of all, my friends immediately complimented me on how stylish the boots are. The boots seemed to break in and feel great only an hour after using them, contrary to what people said about one week. I am astonished that I like wearing these shoes, since I have a fairly flat arch, wide feet, I had given up on any stylish shoes to wear out, I usually had to wear my running shoes which looked mediocre when out with friends. I love these boots, they truly are classic, stylish, and comfortable. After the entire night of walking, I will say that they felt a little flat and I experienced some minor discomfort standing, but only some tiredness in my feet. No chafing, pain in toes, or anything serious. I recommend wearing some medium thickness wool socks if you are going to be walking a long time, very thin dress socks don't feel that great with these boots.

It has been over one week since I got the boots, and I LOVE them, they are too good to be true
on November 18, 2012
Pros:
* Appearance (Beeswax) - I wasn't sure about them at first from the pictures but once you put them on they do look very good. They are a little darker than in the photos, and color isn't completely uniform. They also scuff easily but it just adds to the great "worn in" look. Great way to grow up your shoe collection from sneakers without going to full on dress shoes.

Cons:
* Uncomfortable - The sole is not padded and my feet hurt after the first office work day. After a few days you do get used to it but I really recommend insoles.
* Sole color - gets blackened very quickly and easily and are the reason I'm stuck with my slightly-too-small size.

Other:
* Sizing - As people have said, they run big. I recommend 0.5 size down at the most and NOT 1 full size smaller. A half size down may be a bit long but when I went a full size down (to 8 from my normal 9) they were too narrow and tight across the top of my feet. They are so tight that I unfortunately cannot use insoles. For most comfort you might just stick with your normal size and use insoles to full up the extra space.
2 people found this helpful
on April 24, 2016
Great shoes. I've even gotten compliments. Look great in most outfits.

Only negative is how dirty the crepe soles look after a short amount of time. I didn't think they were that comfortable at first but once I broke them in they're pretty comfortable. I wonder if there's some sealant you can put over new Clark Crepe shoes to keep from dirt ruining their soles.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview image
on October 11, 2012
I bought two pairs of these desert boots since I had a coupon code and love them in general. Normally I stick with Johnston and Murphy (my favorite for desert boots) or Rockport. I figured Clarks is in the same quality range as Rockport so I took a risk an ordered online.

The shoes fit fine and seem fairly true to size as far as I can tell. They look okay, so no real gripes there. What did let me down was the cushioning. A quality interior with adequate cushioning is important for me and these shoes have little to no cushion. I know....I know....some people are probably thinking just buy inserts, but they never, ever fit properly and you always know you are wearing inserts. If it isn't a big deal to you, then these are otherwise good shoes. I'd give them a 3.5 if you could give half stars.
on October 29, 2011
I got these a full size down from what I normally wear in typical Nike sneakers and they were a little bit tight in the mid section at first, but after a full day in them they fit perfectly just like all my other shoes that are a full size up from these clarks.
I also have wide feet, so pretty much all my shoes are a bit tight in the mid section.

I decided to go for a short walk to help break them in, but after about two miles I got blisters on the back of my heels and on the back of my ankles from the upper part of the boots. I came on here to write a bad review, but decided to wait until the next day at least and I'm glad I did.

After a full day of walking in them, they are very comfortable and the upper part of the boot doesn't irritate my ankle anymore. These boots are actually very comfortable, it just takes a little while to break in and let the material become more forgiving and pliable.

Amazon is the cheapest price I've found for these boots, so these are definitely a great deal at this price. Don't hesitate to get them, but remember to size down one full size and also remember that these will be much more comfortable after you break them in a little bit.
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.