Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Listen for a chance to win STEM Limited time offer Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Assassin's Creed Origins Shop Now HTL17_gno

on December 2, 2015
I ordered two pairs of these Beeswax Clark's Original Desert Boots from two different websites for comparison. One from Amazon, and one from the Clark's website. There are noticeable differences between the two. (SEE PHOTOS)
The pair I ordered through Amazon (on the left) are made of thinner, less quality leather. The ones from Clark's (on the right) are a much beefier, thicker leather with a higher quality grain and have more of a "real leather boot" feel. Whereas the ones from Amazon feel somewhat like cheap knockoffs in comparison. They are still a decent shoe for the price. But compared to the ones from Clark's they seem much flimsier.
review image review image review image review image review image
1616 comments| 563 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 30, 2017
I originally bought this boot in a size 10.5, as that's what I normally get in every other shoe. I should've read the reviews closer, as most people said to go a 1/2 size down. I ended up reordering a size 10, and they fit great.

Similar to other reviewers, these are taking a bit of time to break in. I experienced the slipping heel, but that seems to have gone away, or I've grown used to it. At any rate, it's not causing any discomfort or causing any issues. I'm about one week into wearing these every day to work, and each day they get more comfortable and broken in. The top of the left boot is digging in right above my ankle, but this too is getting better with each passing day and isn't leaving me hobbled or scarred.

One wish for is an extra pair of laces or for the laces to be thicker. The ones that come on the boot seem really thin and I feel like I'm going to break them every time I tie them. That, plus the break-in period and the size issue put this at a solid 4 stars. Overall, good comfort and great looks.
on September 19, 2017
These are simple, tough and comfortable boots. They are very well made and quality materials are used in all parts of the boot. Be aware that they are definitely not work boots, though they would be fine for light work in the garden and around the house. They are primarily casual footwear that go well with chinos, jeans casual pants of most colors and even shorts. The great thing about them is that they are comfortable straight out of the box and become more so as the leather softens. I recommend the use of silicone protector spray for suede - this will prevent spots and marks from liquid spills and dirt.
VINE VOICEon June 21, 2016
When I was a boy, my mother discovered Clark's Desert Boots, somewhere around 1960. She bought a pair for my dad, and one for me. We each loved our new shoes, and Clark's Desert Boots were part of my wardrobe for decades. Then they weren't. I recently bought a pair of Joseph Abboud look-alikes, but the sole almost immediately came loose. So, palm to forehead, what was I thinking? I now own 3 pairs of Clark's, these being the newest. I spend a lot of time working convention booths and standing on concrete. These are the most comfortable shoes I've ever worn. Now I look forlornly at the other shoes in my wardrobe...what shall I do with them all? Highly recommended.
on April 8, 2016
Hands down my absolute favorite pair of casual shoes. I can wear these to work, out on a date, or to a bar. They look great with all three pairs of my jeans (gray, black, blue) and I receive compliments almost every time I wear them out.

My only issue with the shoe would be the sizing, before I purchased these, I did quite a bit of research and found out that you need to size down quite a bit. I wear a size 10.5 normally when I wear nikes or any other comparable athletic shoe, but with these I ordered a size 9.5. They fit pretty well, and I could probably wear a size 9 and have them be comfortable as well.

For the first few times, I wore the shoe, i was getting some friction between the shoe and my left heel. It has caused me to bleed the first few times I wore the shoes, but since then the issue has gone away (The blood stain on the inside of the shoe hasn't). Now when I wear them they are 100% comfortable. I guess I just had to break them in a little.

Overall I would highly recommend these shoes based on their look and style, but be cautious and do your research on sizing before you make the purchase.
on February 20, 2015
I like the shoes, but a couple things make it "just good" rather than "great."

1. The laces placement is too far toward the toe, which causes my heals to float some.
2. There is little arch support. Not too much of an issue in-and-of itself, but coupled with the floating heal, the shoe isn't as comfortable as Clark models I've had in the past.

That being said, I wore the shoes for about 7 hours yesterday without obvious discomfort.
on February 27, 2014
Excellent fit compared to the Bushacre, which runs large. The Clarks desert boot is simple in design, but quite comfortable and pairs with jeans and khakis equally well.

Excellent dark leather with the light-colored crepe sole is a nice contrast. The leather is thick and durable (again, better quality and finish than the Bushacre), and wears well, showing distress and creases like a patina. Wouldn't ever polish or treat these--they just look better a bit worn.

So they're made in Vietnam or China, unlike your favorite 10-year old British or or Italian pair of Kenneth Coles or whatever, but these guys last a good long while and they're basically impervious to shifts in fashion (like any good piece of menswear) but remain a little edgy. And the price is right.

Quick note for the high school or college student: these can literally dress with anything, including suits, so if you need a pair of shoes for weddings, commencements, interviews, churches or making a nice impression on parents or whomever, these work in lots of situations.
on August 3, 2015
here's the thing, these are my absolute favorite shoes. but the sizing isn't always consistent. I ordered the exact same pair, same size and color, and it was smaller than usual. I suggest trying them on in a store.

the other thing is, get these originals with the gum rubber sole. they are TEN TIMES better than the cheaper version they call "bushacre" you might see at a discount price. trust me. they last longer and are much more comfortable. worth the extra cost.

the soles are pretty flat. my feet need good arch support. i bought some ten dollar dr school's arch support cushions and BOOM--they feel perfect. I have to get half a size larger to make sure they fit with the arch supports.

my final note is that the 4 lace holes aren't enough for me. i like to be able to lace a little higher so my foot doesn't slide around too much inside the shoe. you can go to a shoe repair cobbler place and they can do that--grommets and all--for not very much money.

i know these are a lot of caveats for a shoe i rated 5 star but hear me out: after all these conditions were met, these have become my absolute FAVORITE shoes. i wear them almost every day. they match with 90% of my outfits. they look great, feel great, and like a good pair of jeans, they get better with age.

as long as they keep making them in this style and color and I can find the size that fits right, i will probably keep buying them whenever i need to, forever.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 3, 2015
These are classic boots, and I have been continually satisfied with their solid construction and amazing durability. I bought these in 2015 to replace a pair I had had since 2010. My old pair was still holding up great--I had just worn them so much that they were a bit much on the eyes! I've found that with regular oiling (Clark's sells an oil sponge, or you can buy one from pretty much any drugstore), the leather will generally hold up and remain supple for many years.

The crepe soles on these boots are so amazing. The fact that they start out white means they won't stay pretty forever, but no one's going to spend time looking at the soles of your shoes anyway. The beeswax leather has a great texture and is good both for casual wear and slightly dressier looks (e.g. khakis and a blazer).

I find that Clark's are a little wide on me; not sure if others have similar experiences. But it's nothing I haven't been able to live with, and isn't noticeable enough to justify going to a narrower size. If you have arch problems I recommend wearing an insole in these, as they are built comfortably but aren't too friendly to those who over- or under-pronate.

Long story short--great boots, worth paying for, you'll get years of use out of them. Check back in 5 years when I finally have to buy my next pair!
on October 26, 2015
These are pretty nice boots. They go well with jeans and a button down. Comfort wise, they leave something to be desired. They are ok for a bit but I would not recommend wearing these if you are going to be walking a lot- you will start to feel every step after a while. Problem can be mitigated a bit with thick socks.

Size wise, be sure to size down. For reference, I wear a size 10 in dress shoes, 11 in sneakers. I first bought a 10.5 but had to return them for a 10, which were still a bit too large I ended up keeping them anyway but I would have fit better in a 9.5 (still doesn't fully explain the discomfort though).

All in all, they are fashionable but not super comfy, and make sure you size down sufficiently.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.