Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Jon Batiste PCB for Musical Instruments $54.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now HTL17_gno

on December 2, 2015
I ordered two pairs of these Beeswax Clark's Original Desert Boots from two different websites for comparison. One from Amazon, and one from the Clark's website. There are noticeable differences between the two. (SEE PHOTOS)
The pair I ordered through Amazon (on the left) are made of thinner, less quality leather. The ones from Clark's (on the right) are a much beefier, thicker leather with a higher quality grain and have more of a "real leather boot" feel. Whereas the ones from Amazon feel somewhat like cheap knockoffs in comparison. They are still a decent shoe for the price. But compared to the ones from Clark's they seem much flimsier.
review image review image review image review image review image
1616 comments| 560 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 3, 2017
Clarks Desert Boots are a truly classic style of boots. The original chukka boot, these have a classic color to them in Beeswax leather. The leather gets easily scuffed and marked, with beautiful coloration from the folds as it contours to your feet. Definitely buy at least half of a size or more down from your usual size, as part of the fun is how it grows a little bit as the leather softens over time.

If you're worried about waterproofing the boot, don't bother with the Beeswax. The oiled leather is already waterproofed out of the factory. Rather, spend some money and get the Lexol 907 Leather Care Kit, 8-oz. that can help rejuvenate the leather after a few months of faithful service. If you give these boots time to breathe, they'll last you a good while.
on August 16, 2017
These Look great and feel great its a classic you cant go wrong. BUT there is most def an issue with sizing. I am 10.5 and i took the advice on the answered questions section about ordering a size half smaller or whole size smaller as they do run big. In my case i had to return them and order a new whole size and a half lower. So i am returning 9.5 and getting 9.

My size is is 10.5
i ordered 9.5
returning for 9
on November 30, 2017
I originally bought this boot in a size 10.5, as that's what I normally get in every other shoe. I should've read the reviews closer, as most people said to go a 1/2 size down. I ended up reordering a size 10, and they fit great.

Similar to other reviewers, these are taking a bit of time to break in. I experienced the slipping heel, but that seems to have gone away, or I've grown used to it. At any rate, it's not causing any discomfort or causing any issues. I'm about one week into wearing these every day to work, and each day they get more comfortable and broken in. The top of the left boot is digging in right above my ankle, but this too is getting better with each passing day and isn't leaving me hobbled or scarred.

One wish for is an extra pair of laces or for the laces to be thicker. The ones that come on the boot seem really thin and I feel like I'm going to break them every time I tie them. That, plus the break-in period and the size issue put this at a solid 4 stars. Overall, good comfort and great looks.
on September 19, 2017
These are simple, tough and comfortable boots. They are very well made and quality materials are used in all parts of the boot. Be aware that they are definitely not work boots, though they would be fine for light work in the garden and around the house. They are primarily casual footwear that go well with chinos, jeans casual pants of most colors and even shorts. The great thing about them is that they are comfortable straight out of the box and become more so as the leather softens. I recommend the use of silicone protector spray for suede - this will prevent spots and marks from liquid spills and dirt.
VINE VOICEon June 21, 2016
When I was a boy, my mother discovered Clark's Desert Boots, somewhere around 1960. She bought a pair for my dad, and one for me. We each loved our new shoes, and Clark's Desert Boots were part of my wardrobe for decades. Then they weren't. I recently bought a pair of Joseph Abboud look-alikes, but the sole almost immediately came loose. So, palm to forehead, what was I thinking? I now own 3 pairs of Clark's, these being the newest. I spend a lot of time working convention booths and standing on concrete. These are the most comfortable shoes I've ever worn. Now I look forlornly at the other shoes in my wardrobe...what shall I do with them all? Highly recommended.
on April 8, 2016
Hands down my absolute favorite pair of casual shoes. I can wear these to work, out on a date, or to a bar. They look great with all three pairs of my jeans (gray, black, blue) and I receive compliments almost every time I wear them out.

My only issue with the shoe would be the sizing, before I purchased these, I did quite a bit of research and found out that you need to size down quite a bit. I wear a size 10.5 normally when I wear nikes or any other comparable athletic shoe, but with these I ordered a size 9.5. They fit pretty well, and I could probably wear a size 9 and have them be comfortable as well.

For the first few times, I wore the shoe, i was getting some friction between the shoe and my left heel. It has caused me to bleed the first few times I wore the shoes, but since then the issue has gone away (The blood stain on the inside of the shoe hasn't). Now when I wear them they are 100% comfortable. I guess I just had to break them in a little.

Overall I would highly recommend these shoes based on their look and style, but be cautious and do your research on sizing before you make the purchase.
on August 6, 2015
I read mixed reviews saying to size down a half size or a full size. I wear an 11 in every shoe I own (vans, Nike, New Balance, etc) and sized down to a 10 which gives me a perfect fit. Definitely size down one whole size. Even with thick or thinner grade Stance socks, one size down and you'll be happy. Also, the beeswax leather is stiff so breaking in will take a couple of days. They break in nicely though and look great. I did try on some suedes and they're soft so no worries on breaking in if you go suede. The beeswax colorway can go with most everything in your wardrobe from denim to slacks. Perfect for business or casual. The crepe soles make for a more flexible, cush experience but keep in mind the soles are thin so you will be able to feel what you're waliking on. All in all, these are the perfect casual chukka boot I was looking for. Very happy with my purchase.
on February 20, 2015
I like the shoes, but a couple things make it "just good" rather than "great."

1. The laces placement is too far toward the toe, which causes my heals to float some.
2. There is little arch support. Not too much of an issue in-and-of itself, but coupled with the floating heal, the shoe isn't as comfortable as Clark models I've had in the past.

That being said, I wore the shoes for about 7 hours yesterday without obvious discomfort.
on February 27, 2014
Excellent fit compared to the Bushacre, which runs large. The Clarks desert boot is simple in design, but quite comfortable and pairs with jeans and khakis equally well.

Excellent dark leather with the light-colored crepe sole is a nice contrast. The leather is thick and durable (again, better quality and finish than the Bushacre), and wears well, showing distress and creases like a patina. Wouldn't ever polish or treat these--they just look better a bit worn.

So they're made in Vietnam or China, unlike your favorite 10-year old British or or Italian pair of Kenneth Coles or whatever, but these guys last a good long while and they're basically impervious to shifts in fashion (like any good piece of menswear) but remain a little edgy. And the price is right.

Quick note for the high school or college student: these can literally dress with anything, including suits, so if you need a pair of shoes for weddings, commencements, interviews, churches or making a nice impression on parents or whomever, these work in lots of situations.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.