Spring Deals Automotive HPC Best Books of the Month New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Jordan Davis GNO for Samsung S9 Fire TV Stick: $29.99. Offer ends 3/26/18 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry SpringEvent_Lawn_and_Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

on December 2, 2015
I ordered two pairs of these Beeswax Clark's Original Desert Boots from two different websites for comparison. One from Amazon, and one from the Clark's website. There are noticeable differences between the two. (SEE PHOTOS)
The pair I ordered through Amazon (on the left) are made of thinner, less quality leather. The ones from Clark's (on the right) are a much beefier, thicker leather with a higher quality grain and have more of a "real leather boot" feel. Whereas the ones from Amazon feel somewhat like cheap knockoffs in comparison. They are still a decent shoe for the price. But compared to the ones from Clark's they seem much flimsier.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
1717 comments| 622 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on June 9, 2015
I purchased the Clarks Desert Boots in late February and they're falling apart now in June. I had high hopes when these boots arrived. They looked good on me and I was expecting to get some good use out of a pair of $112 boots. I was wrong.

The first thing I noticed about these boots is that they have very little traction. A poor choice of footwear if you live in the Pacific Northwest! Even though I am cautious in the rain, I've still slipped a few times while walking in these.

In the attached photos, you can see how terribly worn-down these boots are after only three months of use. The leather upper is still is decent condition, but everything else is already shot -- shoelace included. My usual routine is walking three blocks to work and standing about 35 hours per week; mostly on anti-fatigue mats. I do stand a lot, but that's why I spent the extra money on "good" shoes!

I was really expecting more from these boots. I like to think that I received a bad pair, but I definitely won't be buying another.
review imagereview image
77 comments| 49 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on June 19, 2017
To say this shoe was a complete disappointment is an understatement. I'm a teacher who used these shoes only as work attire and was only limited to walking around in them indoors. Within a week of purchase the rubbery sole on the bottom started peeling off, and turned completely black from walking around on carpet and maybe the parking lot at work. The bottom became incredibly scuffed and uncomfortable and I had to put in Dr. Scholls inserts to make them feel balanced and comfortable. The leather on the side easily became scuffed and marked and within 2 weeks. These were a really ratty pair of shoes. I managed to use them at work (despite their gross appearance at this point) but finally gave up after the laces on one of them snapped in half as I was tying them one morning. They lasted me 6 months of a 10 month school year. I will not be buying Clarks again.
review imagereview image
on February 11, 2018
Not a fan of writing reviews usually. Most companies want to succeed and serve customers well. But as a long time 20-ish year buyer of Clark's products, the 2017 line of shoes has now twice disappointed and it needs to be heard loud and clear by Clarks executives. The Men's Desert boots have a very hard sole and almost zero footbed cushion. The sensation was like walking on a board and no where near the prior comfort of Clark's fame. The style and construction are also very basic, almost crude, for a well north of $100 pair of shoes. These were shipped back immediately.

Another pair of Escalade Steps was a gift shipped from Amazon this year (to replace the exact same model shoe purchased 10 years ago that had given faithful comfortable service). But it is obvious the shift of Clark's shoe manufacturing from Portugal to China for the US market at least is killing the famed quality of the Escalade model as well. These are $70-ish shoes and you won't get value for your money buying them. The newer Escalade has a similar lack of cushion of the footbed now and the new material for the sole is wearing almost immediately. Plus the shoe is far heavier and sole is "hard" cheaper plastic-like matrial so far-less comfortable than my 10 year old pair of the exact same Escalade model. If I'd not had to wear them for a week traveling for work where all this wear and lack of comfort became apparent, I would have returned the Escalades as well. They have at least "broken in" the uppers after 2 months, but the footbed still feels like a board. So beware the sweet low initial price on these, because the sour taste of your sore tootsies will last as long as you own them or put them in the Goodwill bin.

FWIW, the upper end Un-Seal Clarks seem to retain the legendary comfort from recent shopping in an actual "brick and mortar store" (likely also still made in original factories), but you have to head north of $160 to buy what used to be available across the Clarks product line. And the small plastic mesh bits on the back of the shoe tend to break down and look ratty after a few years. The un-Sheridan is still a good shoe without the un-Seal's issues with the mesh bits based upon a 3 year old pair. Beware and good luck!
on June 8, 2015
I own a pair of 9.5" clarks bushacre 2 shoes that i have been using for work for a year now, bought these to wear as a second pair they don't fit the same, they are smaller and narrower, about the same as a size 9" bushacre 2, apart from that they are comfortable, i wear them at work for 9-10 hours 5 days a week, they are comfortable and hold up to some good punishment, been 2 months now and they still look pretty good.

My two chief complaints are the inside cushioning is only glued in and from the first time i ever put my foot in it the glue came loose on a corner and it slowly started rolling up whenever i put my foot in, the second is the sole seems to wear down very fast, in just 2 months it looks like my bushacre 2 does after a year.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview image
33 comments| 14 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 2, 2016
Soft crepe sole
Color variety in both suede and smooth leather
Three season boot that doesn't overheat your foot
Cons- long break in period (as are most Clark's)
Sole gets dirty quicker than synthetics

Ive recently joined the Clark's bandwagon after years of contemplation. Price point has never been an issue because if you care for these shoes they'll do more for you than you could ever imagine from a cheaper boot.

I also have a pair of chukkas in suede from Nunnbush and Clark's. Obviously I bought a pair in beeswax because I was pleasantly surprised with the comfort of the suede Clark's after a week (these are the 65th anniversary Clark's). My foot size ranges from an 8.5-9 but I went a full size down and ordered a 7.5. A tight fit but I know that after the break in period I prolly wont stop wearing these shoes. The main difference I found between my suede Clark's and NunnBush is that the sole is far heavier and gives the boot a quality feel. I'm not huge on the fact that the sole picks up just about anything but my NB have synthetic soles, that in 8-9 months time, have already worn down the tread. I also find myself slipping easier on linoleum with these then I do my Clark's. The only better thing about my NB, aside from price, is that the shoe has a soft interior and the upper starts to age nicely.

However the cheap foamy insert and, for lack of a better word, tacky colored synthetic outsole made me finally switch over and I decided Clark's was the answer.

I'm very pleased and satisfied with this purchase. The color is perfect and the fit is superb. I find another issue with other chukkas is that there is sometimes too much room in the toe box and having narrower feet means my foot is sliding around.

With regards to people saying that the leather creases and cracks easily should condition and polish these before wear and you won't have that issue. Also fyi; leather is going to do that, especially if it's dry and traveling in a box.
review image
on February 15, 2017
I purchased the beeswax style of these boots about a year ago, and I can truly say that the only real reason I would buy another pair of these boots are the aesthetic value and the durability. I have received many complements on them, and they are still in good shape a year later. No holes or worn out soles or anything. Where these boots fall short are 1) this may be specific to me but these things tore my heels up for about 2 weeks until I broke them in. Prepare to deal with this. 2) if you live anywhere where it rains a decent amount, beware. I live in the PNW. Due to the way they are stitched, water very easily seeps in through the toe portion. I actually wore them today in light rain and didn't step in any puddles. I walked for 15 minutes and by the time I got home the front third of both my feet were wet. This is not an isolated incident. There have been times I have gotten out of class and it is raining and the same thing happens. And this is after I have applied sno seal to them. 3) Going along with the rain, these things are extremely slippery on certain surfaces in the rain and I have almost slipped multiple times while wearing them.

While these boots look great and have held up pretty well, its pretty dissapointing that I pick my 45 dollar vans over my 150 dollar Clarks boots when its raining due to the fact that the vans keep my feet dry for longer than 10 minutes and I don't have to worry about eating s***. If you live in a less rainy climate though I guess it wouldn't be an issue. I guess they're called desert boots for a reason haha. Overall, I think they are a mediocre overpriced boot and do not perform well in any wet conditions. The only reason I would buy another pair is the way they look, and the fact that they are pretty well made. Side note: if you want to purchase these, be sure to get at least half a size to a size smaller than what you normally are. I am a 10.5 in vans and got a 10 in Clarks, I wish I would have got a 9.5.
on January 23, 2017
I usually wear a 10.5 and that is what I ordered in these boots. They fit slightly large, especially in the toebox and heel. if I wear thick wool socks they are more comfortable however the heel still moves which can cause some pain. These are not very slim boots; if you are wearing skinnier jeans they may look a little disproportional due to their size and shape. Walking in them is comfortable and they are very light. My pair had significant creasing on the toe and while it does not look bad, the boots will look preworn when you buy them. Another minor issue is that the laces cannot be tied very tightly, exacerbating the issue of loose shoes, and often come undone.
22 comments| 3 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 10, 2016
Overall I am very happy with my purchase. The shipping was prompt and I received the boots sooner than I expected. I purchased Clarks Desert Boots in Beeswax finish. I purchased the boots a half size smaller than what I normally wear, like what was recommended from the other reviews, and they fit perfectly. To give you an idea, I normally wear a size 8 EE, but got a size 7 1/2 M. I have short, but wide feet—kind of like Flintstone feet. These boots definitely fit larger than what your normal size is.

The first day of wearing them was a bit uncomfortable. The leather and soles were stiff and tight, as to be expected with new leather boots. My feet hurt and I thought I might've made a mistake. However, I hung in there and wore them again and after two days of break-in they have become the most comfortable boot I have (I have two other pairs of Clarks—Medway style boots, which they don't make anymore). You need to wear them at least a couple of days consecutively in order to break them in—don't give up!!! My son, has the same Desert boots and told me to keep wearing them for several days in order to break them in and he was spot on! The leather stretches to fit your feet. You can't just wear them one day a week and expect they to break in.

If I have any issues with the boots it would be this—like I said my son has them same exact boots, but his were darker than mine. The boots I got were a lot lighter, quite a bit lighter actually. I almost thought they were the wrong boots (I had purchased the Beeswax color), but realized that not all leather boots will be exactly the same. I was about to return them, but decided to keep them and am extremely happy I did!

Some reviewers have said not to put sealant on them, but that is just nonsensical—I don't have the suede version so I cannot speak for that style of leather. I put Obenauf's Heavy Duty LP on my Clark's Desert Boots and it not only made them dark, but it has protected my investment—and that is what your Clark's are an investment. Some reviewers have also said that the Crepe soles are slippery—I live in Oregon and have not found that to be true, the gripping has been great!

If you are on the fence in purchasing these boots like I was, don't keep yourself from missing out on probably the most comfortable boots you'all ever own. If you have the money get them.
on September 27, 2017
Before I purchased this pair of Clarks, I did a lot of research on the brand, the timelessness of the shoe, and the expected fit. I normally wear a 7.5D in Laredo cowboy boots, and these 6.5D are a perfect fit. The Sand suede boot is a little more casual and goes well with my jeans or khakis, but a step up from my Vans.

I bought these through the seller, Buscarna, and I could not have been more pleased with the customer service. Before purchasing, any questions I had were thoroughly answered, the shipment arrived way earlier than expected, and the shoes were in pristine condition with all the original packaging. Do not hesitate to purchase from this seller.
review image
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.