Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Womens Ski Trip Essentials nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Carrie Underwood All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade 2018 Planners modern furniture and decor Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Dot Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now

on December 2, 2015
I ordered two pairs of these Beeswax Clark's Original Desert Boots from two different websites for comparison. One from Amazon, and one from the Clark's website. There are noticeable differences between the two. (SEE PHOTOS)
The pair I ordered through Amazon (on the left) are made of thinner, less quality leather. The ones from Clark's (on the right) are a much beefier, thicker leather with a higher quality grain and have more of a "real leather boot" feel. Whereas the ones from Amazon feel somewhat like cheap knockoffs in comparison. They are still a decent shoe for the price. But compared to the ones from Clark's they seem much flimsier.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
1616 comments| 583 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 24, 2016
I have had these for about 3 years. Mine are the suede Oakwood ones. They have treated me well. Quality of materials is fine. Nothing is falling apart. Other than some permanent scuffs and some creases at the joint, they've held up great. There is nothing unexpectedly bad about them.

If you are worried about water getting into them, there are plenty of waterproofing sprays and kits out there. That said, I wouldn't take these in the muck with me, not unless I had some canvas leggings and a thompson, but for a day hike, walking through the desert, and the like, these do fine. I am not worried about them falling apart or being boots only in name like you sometimes see.

The crepe soles are very gummy feeling, but you get used to it, and despite my initial anxiety about it, they won't wear out incredibly fast, or break apart at the edges. They will capture a lot of dirt over time and the bottom of your soles will be really dirty unless you wish to clean them.

Perhaps the most interesting thing about these is that there is not a hard thud common to boots or heeled shoes. In fact, this is the most quiet pair of footwear I have ever worn. The loudest sound of you walking is either your sweaty feet inside the boot, or the shoelaces whacking the boot. It is very easy to have a completely silent walk with these boots. A great plus if you are a hitman, ninja, or just want to freak people out when they turn around.
on October 26, 2015
These are pretty nice boots. They go well with jeans and a button down. Comfort wise, they leave something to be desired. They are ok for a bit but I would not recommend wearing these if you are going to be walking a lot- you will start to feel every step after a while. Problem can be mitigated a bit with thick socks.

Size wise, be sure to size down. For reference, I wear a size 10 in dress shoes, 11 in sneakers. I first bought a 10.5 but had to return them for a 10, which were still a bit too large I ended up keeping them anyway but I would have fit better in a 9.5 (still doesn't fully explain the discomfort though).

All in all, they are fashionable but not super comfy, and make sure you size down sufficiently.
on November 22, 2016
So I went with others recommendations to buy a half size smaller than I normally wear. Not sure that I should have. I have a tall foot and even though the length of this boot is fine I find the top to be too tight. My normal size would allow me to adjust how tight boots are on the top of my foot. without adding too much length. Being leather I think these will eventually ease up and be fine. The quality is good and I am very happy with the look although a leather protector on the beeswax finish is mandatory in my opinion. They scuff pretty easy, but a quick buff gets them looking good again and only adds to the vintage style. I would highly recommend trying these on before ordering if possible. Then come back here and order because I couldn't find a better price on these anywhere.
on May 3, 2017
The color that I ordered, Khaki Leather, was a very dark brown almost black in person. The box that it comes with is very cool, its got lots of things in side and like a Clarks brochure. The black laces made the shoes seem darker. Since they are leather shoes its gonna take time to wear them in. After about 3 weeks of wearing them Mon-Friday they have gotten 'lighter' and have been more flexible. Before buying these I did know that Clarks desert boots fit kinda big, so I recommend going a half to full size down. I liek the shoe a lot though.
on July 17, 2016
Simple, fairly light weight, quite comfortable. Personally I'd like a little more arch support but adding a quality insole allows me to wear them all day and still take a two mile trail walk in the evening. I never have that feeling that "I gotta get out of these shoes." This classic chukka boot has been around forever because it's close to perfect.
If you shop carefully you'll find some colors at incredible discounts. I paid about $55 for my latest pair Even at the typical price of $90 to $130 they represent good value.
on September 27, 2017
Before I purchased this pair of Clarks, I did a lot of research on the brand, the timelessness of the shoe, and the expected fit. I normally wear a 7.5D in Laredo cowboy boots, and these 6.5D are a perfect fit. The Sand suede boot is a little more casual and goes well with my jeans or khakis, but a step up from my Vans.

I bought these through the seller, Buscarna, and I could not have been more pleased with the customer service. Before purchasing, any questions I had were thoroughly answered, the shipment arrived way earlier than expected, and the shoes were in pristine condition with all the original packaging. Do not hesitate to purchase from this seller.
review image
on February 6, 2015
I had been looking for this style of shoe for a very long time. A shoe that could be worn with jeans or in a business casual setting. This one definitely fit that category well. I chose the Beeswax style because it had a very stylish look and great color. I've owned my pair for about a year and a half, so they'll definitely last if you take care of them. When I first tried them on, they were a bit stiff, but ran true to size. After a couple of times wearing the shoe, it will start to break in and now fits like a glove. Now that it has been broken in, it is very comfortable and I haven't noticed any issues wearing it for extended periods of time. This shoe doesn't really handle active lifestyle use or wet weather conditions well. The sole doesn't provide enough grip for that so avoid those situations if you can. I can say that from experience from being in the Midwest and having to deal with icy conditions. However, I've really only put myself into that situation once and every other time they've been great. The price is definitely good for how long I've had them and wouldn't mind investing in another pair should mine wear out. Overall, I've really liked this shoe. It's really stylish, has great color, and fits really well. I definitely recommend them as my friends and I all love them. So, if you need a shoe for a quick bite out to eat or something to wear to the office, this is definitely the shoe for you. Have fun in them!
on July 15, 2014
I caught these on sale for about $60 and almost kept them because of the incredible price. With that said, I usually wear a size 14 and that's what I ordered but they were just too big. I am not used to wearing boots so I don't know if it's a boot thing or they actually were too big, so I sent them back.

Also, I feel I should note, in the short time I wore them around the house these would scuff very easily, especially where they bend when you walk. But I guess that's the point of boots, to have them roughed up and used looking
on May 31, 2017
These boots are popular for a reason. They look great and feel great. However, when they first arrived, the leather was really stiff. It'll take a few weeks/months to fully break them in and be soft. The crepe sole will quickly lose its color, though. Overall solid boots.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.