Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 3,178 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 3,436 reviews
on December 2, 2015
I ordered two pairs of these Beeswax Clark's Original Desert Boots from two different websites for comparison. One from Amazon, and one from the Clark's website. There are noticeable differences between the two. (SEE PHOTOS)
The pair I ordered through Amazon (on the left) are made of thinner, less quality leather. The ones from Clark's (on the right) are a much beefier, thicker leather with a higher quality grain and have more of a "real leather boot" feel. Whereas the ones from Amazon feel somewhat like cheap knockoffs in comparison. They are still a decent shoe for the price. But compared to the ones from Clark's they seem much flimsier.
review image review image review image review image review image
1414 comments| 489 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 23, 2017
I usually wear a 10.5 and that is what I ordered in these boots. They fit slightly large, especially in the toebox and heel. if I wear thick wool socks they are more comfortable however the heel still moves which can cause some pain. These are not very slim boots; if you are wearing skinnier jeans they may look a little disproportional due to their size and shape. Walking in them is comfortable and they are very light. My pair had significant creasing on the toe and while it does not look bad, the boots will look preworn when you buy them. Another minor issue is that the laces cannot be tied very tightly, exacerbating the issue of loose shoes, and often come undone.
on May 4, 2015
First time wearing these, I'm very happy look dope ! I went half a size down and fit perfectly, could have possibly gone a whole size down but happy I didn't. The sole feels. But weird to walk on and will take time getting used to but overall so far a great shoe. Will need to wear them more to see how they go.
review image
on May 10, 2017
I accidentally purchased these in my normal athletic shoe size and had to send them back for a replacement. The vendor was very quick in getting the new order sent out as well as refunding me for the first one. This is the third pair of Clark's I've bought and I love love love them for spring/summer wear. With a pair of trouser socks, they're almost as good as bare feet when it gets hot out and they perfectly straddle the line between cool comfort and office/business casual appropriate. For this price, I may buy a third pair before they summer is out as they usually run about $130 in the Clark's store at the mall.
on November 10, 2016
Overall I am very happy with my purchase. The shipping was prompt and I received the boots sooner than I expected. I purchased Clarks Desert Boots in Beeswax finish. I purchased the boots a half size smaller than what I normally wear, like what was recommended from the other reviews, and they fit perfectly. To give you an idea, I normally wear a size 8 EE, but got a size 7 1/2 M. I have short, but wide feet—kind of like Flintstone feet. These boots definitely fit larger than what your normal size is.

The first day of wearing them was a bit uncomfortable. The leather and soles were stiff and tight, as to be expected with new leather boots. My feet hurt and I thought I might've made a mistake. However, I hung in there and wore them again and after two days of break-in they have become the most comfortable boot I have (I have two other pairs of Clarks—Medway style boots, which they don't make anymore). You need to wear them at least a couple of days consecutively in order to break them in—don't give up!!! My son, has the same Desert boots and told me to keep wearing them for several days in order to break them in and he was spot on! The leather stretches to fit your feet. You can't just wear them one day a week and expect they to break in.

If I have any issues with the boots it would be this—like I said my son has them same exact boots, but his were darker than mine. The boots I got were a lot lighter, quite a bit lighter actually. I almost thought they were the wrong boots (I had purchased the Beeswax color), but realized that not all leather boots will be exactly the same. I was about to return them, but decided to keep them and am extremely happy I did!

Some reviewers have said not to put sealant on them, but that is just nonsensical—I don't have the suede version so I cannot speak for that style of leather. I put Obenauf's Heavy Duty LP on my Clark's Desert Boots and it not only made them dark, but it has protected my investment—and that is what your Clark's are an investment. Some reviewers have also said that the Crepe soles are slippery—I live in Oregon and have not found that to be true, the gripping has been great!

If you are on the fence in purchasing these boots like I was, don't keep yourself from missing out on probably the most comfortable boots you'all ever own. If you have the money get them.
on February 3, 2015
AS I'VE PREVIOUSLY POSTED WITH REGARDS TO ANOTHER ONLINE PURCHASE, BE WARNED when ordering Clarks Desert Boots and Originals online as it can be a BIG GAMBLE as there no consistency in Clarks' sizing, both in terms of length and width.

Briefly, my story based on my recent experiences using Amazon.com - Despite doing a large of amount of research before buying, 3 out of 4 of the pairs of Clarks boots that I've ordered online have proven not to fit true to the advertised size.

And, specifically in the case of this order for a pair of Beeswax leather desert boots, the size on the box did not actually match the actual size of the boots sent to me, making them too big to wear comfortably. Very annoying and expensive.

Significantly, these online purchases has proven both disappointing and costly as given that they have been international orders, it has proven not viable in terms of international shipping costs to post back to the sender.

I'm a fan of Clarks Desert Boots as a product, however buying them online can be a costly gamble as depending on the age of stock (Clark has recently changed it's sizes from a narrow fit to standard fit) and the reliability of the sender's information and service (the online product description doesn't match the actual delivered product), you can end up shoes that do not fit properly.

My suggestion based on my experience, unless you don't mind your shoes/boots being too loose or too tight, buy shoes after trying them on in person, not online, as you will never know what you will receive.
on October 2, 2016
Pros-
Soft crepe sole
Color variety in both suede and smooth leather
Three season boot that doesn't overheat your foot
Cons- long break in period (as are most Clark's)
Sole gets dirty quicker than synthetics

Ive recently joined the Clark's bandwagon after years of contemplation. Price point has never been an issue because if you care for these shoes they'll do more for you than you could ever imagine from a cheaper boot.

I also have a pair of chukkas in suede from Nunnbush and Clark's. Obviously I bought a pair in beeswax because I was pleasantly surprised with the comfort of the suede Clark's after a week (these are the 65th anniversary Clark's). My foot size ranges from an 8.5-9 but I went a full size down and ordered a 7.5. A tight fit but I know that after the break in period I prolly wont stop wearing these shoes. The main difference I found between my suede Clark's and NunnBush is that the sole is far heavier and gives the boot a quality feel. I'm not huge on the fact that the sole picks up just about anything but my NB have synthetic soles, that in 8-9 months time, have already worn down the tread. I also find myself slipping easier on linoleum with these then I do my Clark's. The only better thing about my NB, aside from price, is that the shoe has a soft interior and the upper starts to age nicely.

However the cheap foamy insert and, for lack of a better word, tacky colored synthetic outsole made me finally switch over and I decided Clark's was the answer.

I'm very pleased and satisfied with this purchase. The color is perfect and the fit is superb. I find another issue with other chukkas is that there is sometimes too much room in the toe box and having narrower feet means my foot is sliding around.

With regards to people saying that the leather creases and cracks easily should condition and polish these before wear and you won't have that issue. Also fyi; leather is going to do that, especially if it's dry and traveling in a box.
review image
on August 16, 2017
These Look great and feel great its a classic you cant go wrong. BUT there is most def an issue with sizing. I am 10.5 and i took the advice on the answered questions section about ordering a size half smaller or whole size smaller as they do run big. In my case i had to return them and order a new whole size and a half lower. So i am returning 9.5 and getting 9.

My size is is 10.5
i ordered 9.5
returning for 9
on August 19, 2015
Over all I'm pleased with these boots. I wear them for work everyday and walk a decent amount in them, to and from the trainstation. They are pretty stiff right out of the box, but they break in after a couple hours or a day. The Beeswax leather will give/stretch a little if they are a touch tight in a certain spot (ie top of the foot near laces). Def a sneaky stylish boot as well. Can be worn with some work slacks or dressed down with denim. Comfort is ok, not great, but good enough that I never notice any discomfort throughout the day. I've had mine for about a week and feel that they will continue to soften up, mold to my foot and get more comfortable. They feel like they are built very solid.

Some things to be aware of, is they definitely run big. I usually wear a US 9 or 9.5 in most brands like Nike, Adidas, Saucony, New Balance, etc... but I had to get an 8.5 in these. The Beezwax leather version is also hot for the summer. They will probably be perfect for when the weather changes over to fall/winter/spring. I've also heard that the crepe bottom can get slick in the rain / wet weather, but I'm still yet to wear them on rainy day. Not sure how they will handle snow and ice either.

Overall a solid, to the point, boot with some style. Also for $80 they are tough to beat.
on September 20, 2017
Take a close look at these shoes. Where is the third (or 4th) lace hole? It's not there. So these shoes are not "originals" at all. They are too loose around the shoe tongue and will slip off like a slipper. I don't think they were made right. If other "desert boots" only have two lace holes, I think they are spaced better (further apart) or are higher on the shoe. Or are made like junk, too. Three hole-laces look better and fit better. We all should stop buying junkie products that are way over-priced. That's the only message manufacturers understand.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.