Spring Deals Automotive Best Books of the Month New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Fire TV Stick: $29.99. Offer ends 3/26/18 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18PP_gno

on September 3, 2014
I try to buy decent shoes so they will last me a few years. I bought these in January of 2013 from amazon based upon the Clarks brand name. They took a couple weeks to break in.

Around ~3+ months ago, the leather lower stitching started ripping away from the sole and around the same time, the lace ripped. The leather upper/lower are still in great condition (I used sno-seal).

These are my daily shoes - mostly for work and casual with occasional trip to NYC. I live in southern california so mostly driving and not walking. I have never gone hiking in them nor abused them (imo).

Another con is that the nice looking rubber will turn gray/black from extended use and exposure to dirt and asphalt.

These shoes are comfortable but lasted less than 1.5 years - perhaps I'm cheap and want a shoe to last longer than that?

I personally would not buy these shoes again.

I'll try to post a couple pics.
review imagereview image
77 comments| 51 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 24, 2015
These are my favorite shoes and I plan to order a second pair to store just in case Clarks ever decides to stop making this wonderful shoe! They take some getting used to and you have to have a break-in period but you will not be sorry if you are patient. When they first arrive, the leather is very VERY stiff and I had some trouble even getting them on. The first day, I could only wear them for a few hours, the second day a little longer and by the third day, I was wearing them through the day. Now, a week later, they are my daily shoe. I do use a heal insert to help with plantar fasciitis but even with those in, the shoe fits true to size once it is broken in. As to longevity, this is a replacement pair for me. My previous pair lasted three years then I wore through the sole, however the leather upper is in perfect shape so I may re-sole the shoe one day for a back-up pair. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!
on November 2, 2015
I have owned a few pairs of these so my review is pretty accurate.

Incredibly durable and long lasting, comfortable and pack easy (fold pretty flat in your bar). Looks nice enough to wear to a nicer dinner or venue, but feels and looks timelessly comfortable and fashionable with a pair of jeans and a t-shirt also.

Cons (or "need to knows"):
They are leather, so Clarks accounts for "break in" when they make them. ORDER THEM A HALF A SIZE SMALLER THAN WHAT YOU WEAR. They will be a bit tight when you try them on...and that's ok...they will break in to be comfy after a few wears. I have wide feet and wear orthotics and these break in great for me. No arch support to speak of, but any shoe insert fixes that (and feels better than any manufacturer insole anyway).
on November 13, 2016
One of my all time favorite shoes. The shape of the shoe conforms to the natural shape of the foot and allows the big toe to be in its natural position, i.e. not pressed inward as with most shoes . The look is unique and in my opinion, cool. Love these shoes and love them in besswax which gives them a rustic look which works well with this style. Highly recommend. With most shoes I wear either an 11 or 11 1/2. These fit perfect in an 11.
on October 31, 2016
Size runs VERY small. I normally wear a 10.5 and ordered these in size 11 as I had already sent another pair of Clark boots back because they were too small. When they arrived, I was impressed with the quality but I felt like Drizella trying to get my enormous foot into a tiny glass slipper sized for Cinderella! Now, I am sending the second pair back and giving up on buying Clarks without trying them on. Disappointing...
on February 20, 2013
This shoe is an all around good shoe. It looks nice with pants, is comfortable, and durable. My only complaint would be the laces. For such a durable shoe, the laces are flimsy and will likely break after only minimal wear. Order a little small, as they are made of leather and will stretch. Also, the product that appeared at my door was darker in color than pictured, which was fine by me, but be aware that coloring may vary. Despite any shortcomings, I do enjoy this shoe and would likely purchase a similar product in the future.
on February 16, 2013
Love the look, love the quality. The "fit" not so much. They are constructed out of really stiff leather. At least for me they really chaffed my ankles, though they are beginning to break in now, the process has been pretty uncomfortable for a while. It has taken about 5 wearings to get to this point and before being "comfortable" will probably take another 4 or 5. If not for this they would be perfect.
on November 4, 2012
I own these and a pair of Clarks Desert Boots - gotta say I much prefer the Desert Trek. The biggest difference for me is the flat sole of the Trek and the heel on the Boot. I've always thought the point where the heel begins on the Boot was a bit uncomfortable - I'd never walk around a city wearing them, for example. Definitely not the case with the Trek, where I'm confident they would be comfy for a whole day of city exploring. In other news, if you have a pair of Desert Boots I would order a half size larger in the Desert Trek. I originally ordered the same size but had to exchange mine.
on September 12, 2015
Even though my son said the shoes were large he loves them. My fault for ordering the wrong size.
on July 25, 2016
Can't go wrong with Clarks. The best price for a rare style. Highly recommended.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.