Truck Reviews Beauty Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Electronics Gift Guide Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

• Customer Reviews

on December 31, 2015
Initially bought my husband the Clark's Stinson (which looks similar to this boot). He didnt wear them & we replaced with this boot. Here's why:

1. THIS sole is the gum sole you are thinking of if you consider the original. MUCH better cushion and (as other reviews have said), it is solid. My husband is a major fan of Wallabees and this is the original you are thinking of.

2 We got the oil rubbed leather in both choices and the finish is similar in both. My husband says the fit, craftsmanship and overall quality of this boot is superior to the Stinson. I admit, they LOOK very similar - and my husband could just be ga-ga over the boot - but he says the original is better quality

3. Sizing. My husband wears a 9.5 or 10 in shoes. Average width. Normally a 10 in athletic shoes. The 10 in the Stinson was HUGE on him. The 9.5 in this style fit perfectly.

Normally this boot is significantly more expensive than the Stinson, which likely affects purchasing. I will say - I prefer this boot. Look around, you can find good deals. I was able to get this original boot for LESS than we paid for the Stinson at a box store.
10 people found this helpful
on December 30, 2016
These shoes looked fantastic and they arrived quickly. Unfortunately, they fit on the narrower side, which was surprising because I do own other Wallabees. But, I was able to return them and received a prompt refund from the seller.
5 people found this helpful
on March 29, 2017
Looking for this shoe in women's wide - it doesn't exist. It was suggested I try a man's shoe which are wider than women's medium widths, size suggested was 6-1/2 which is a 39 European size (I have women's shoes in 8W, 38 and 39 which fit fine). I checked a lot of websites converting men's sizes to women's, but this shoe in a 6-1/2 (6.5 or 39) is too big lengthwise. I am trying the 38, which I think will be fine (this is a man's 6, which is proving difficult to find, many colors are out-of-stock). So this color will have to do (maple suede), will wear with jeans/khakis, whites). The shoe is definitely wider than a woman's medium width shoe, but not as wide a man's wide would be (these are a man's medium width). So, if any women out there cannot fit into a Clark's women's medium Wallabee, try the man's - they look the same.
on March 26, 2013
I was looking for a new pair of shoes, after one of my Clarks casual shoes (made in india) literally split in half. It only had 8 months of use! I was so angry, so much so that as a loyal Clark's customer I vowed to move on to another brand of shoe.

So I began my search, and search, and search... I just couldn't find any pair of shoe that exited me as much as Clark's did. I began to reminisce on my first pair of Clark's that started it all. The Wallabees.

The quality in craftsmanship, the nice thick leather, the stitching, and the indestructible weird looking jelly soles. These things could take a hit. I mean I wore them consistently for two years and they just wouldn't budge. I eventually needed something different, so I put them in the closet; only to come out when ever a pair of shoe wore out and I needed a something while I made another purchase. After about 2 years of that I realize I shouldn't be buying more shoes I should be wearing my wallabees. So I wore them for several more years until I finally decided its was time to part... What a mistake.

Here I had a pair a shoes that lasted me almost a decade I parted away for no real good reason. It took me many more years of wearing other Clark's and other brands to come to this realization. The Wallabee's are the best shoes ever made!

I broke my vow of not buying Clark's after that indian made piece of crap, and decided to buy these. To my surprise the wallabee's are no longer made in England or Ireland, but instead made in China!

I was sceptical as to how great the quality may be. I mean I lost faith in Clark's after all. But after careful inspection, these shoe's look, smell, and feel just like the originals. The craftsmanship looks the same as well (a little more modern support). I did some research and turns out China has one of Clark's best shoe factory in the world.

I can not judge these shoes by where is was made, but how they fare out with the old ones. So far I'm very very happy! I will wear these and put it to the test of time, and see if they will go for almost a decade as my originals did. At this point they once again take their place as my number one favorite pair of shoes.
on September 30, 2015
Worn Clarks desert boots for years and finally decided to try the Wallabee - I remembered then from the 70's. Other reviews stated they ran big ... so I ordered a 9 - regularly a 9.5. Perfect fit! It took a few days to get used to the side-to-side "give" of the shoe/sole but not really a problem. I ordered the brown leather and they arrived in perfect shape. The shoe is heavier than I thought it would be but am pleasantly surprised by that. Also quite pleased at how well they are made (I was concerned after reading a few reviews). The shoes quickly "broke in" in a week and are very comfortable. I will be ordering a second pair as my desert boots are going to take a back seat for a while.
on September 20, 2016
This is not my first pair of Wallabees, but I love the dark brown suede! The shoes are seriously the most comfortable pair of shoes I have ever worn and the quality has not been compromised in the current pair. The only gripe I have is the sizing since it's hard to know what size to buy. I ended up with an 8.5 in wallabees, but I usually wear a 9 or 9.5 in US sizes. These shoes are roomy and will stretch a little as you wear them, so definitely buy a half size down at a minimum.
on March 21, 2015
My husband has been wearing Wallabees since before I met him in college in 1980. The quality took a noticeable dive when the shoes stopped being made in Ireland in 1987. They were much more cheaply made for awhile, with the uppers not even made with full-grain leather. My husband didn't like the cheaper insoles either. The quality is better now, although not quite as good as before they stopped being made in Ireland. The newer shaped insole actually looks more comfortable to me than the leather ones from the 1980's and my husband seems to like them.

My husband likes the soft crepe sole of these shoes. It is increasingly hard to find shoe repair places that will re-sole them, but I suppose that by the time the soles wear out, the uppers look rather dingy, although usually still very much intact since the full-grain leather is thick and sturdy. I always spray new Wallabees with water repellant spray made for suede which keeps the shoes looking better for longer.
on May 8, 2017
The shoes fit as I expected for size ordered. Nice uppers and good insole with arch support. Foam sole is comfortable.
on September 15, 2017
Fits true to size for me. If you prefer a tight fit you might want to size down a half size. These are legit. I was worried about the m being authentic, they are.
2 people found this helpful
on September 12, 2014
Amazing. Wu-Tang Clan were so right in praising this shoe for all these years. These are my first Clark's, and my expectations were totally exceeded. The maple suede colorway I bought is buttery, the leather lining is durable and soft, and the crepe outsole is springy and comfortable to the max! They're made in Vietnam (much better than China-made in my opinion), and look classy and casual all at once. Simply put: the quality is bananas and worth every penny. They may seem pricey but they're so worth it, honestly. I myself ordered from Foot Paths Lifestyle Footwear in Massachusetts, and they are perfection! Not only did I save money because they sell Wallabees for discounted prices, but they ship fast! My order shipped out on September 9th, and they made it all the way to Houston by September 12th on only Standard Shipping! Truly perfection; both the shoes and Foot Paths. Sizing-wise: order half a shoe size down, because they do run big. For example, my true US shoe size is 8, so I clicked "7.5 (D) M" under shoe size when ordering from Amazon and they fit superbly. It does vary person to person though (some order a full size down), so trying them on somewhere beforehand is recommended. I've yet to where them around, but they seem strong enough to last for years to come! Overall, I do think they deserve 5/5 stars; they're flawless (S/O Beyonce and H-Town)!