Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Red and Rose nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop modern furniture and decor Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon harrypotter harrypotter harrypotter  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now

on March 7, 2013
Great shoes. Work well in the classroom, the lab, and even the desert. Look great. They can even take an accidental spill of methylamine every now and then. I would highly recommend.
1616 comments| 454 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 9, 2012
I only give the Wallabee 4/5 stars simply due to sizing and weight. The shoe looks phenomenal and can be worn with anything from jeans to khakis in both casual and semi formal attire. I love this shoe, but they do run very very big. I am normally a 9 in almost every shoe, but these are a very loose 9. So I'd size down a half size.

Also there is not much support for the ankle or foot. Picutre a comfortable soft footbed with flimsy side walls and you have the Wallabee construction. The shoes are very heavy which is from the large comfy sole, but it's not really noticeable while wearing them. Carrying them in my gym bag is where I really notice.

Despite the mixed sounding review, I would/will absolutely purchase them again with this new information. I highly recommend them, just make sure you go to a shoe store and try on a pair before you buy your usual size on Amazon.
on April 5, 2016
I'm that man. I have 4 sets of footgear. 2 are boots, 1 casual and 1 running. I wear them out then replace them, I prefer quality over quantity. I plan on purchasing another pair when these wear out, if they do.
on January 14, 2013
I wore Wallabees in the 70's and I LOVED THEM TO DEATH. Now, 40 some odd yrs. later it's time again to walk on clouds. I just got these today and they're as good today as they were way back then. Superbly constructed and Comfortable, Comfortable and more Comfortable. I got the Men's Oily Leather 'Bees. The leather is FIRST RATE..thick, stable and soft to the touch. I can't imagine there will be any break-in necessary. My two suggestions might be...Make them HERE IN the USA and Make different colored soles available. Black or dark brown would go nicely on the bottoms of these shoes. The PRICE here @ AMAZON was FAR and AWAY the BEST I FOUND ANYWHERE. I ordered them on Friday and they arrived on Monday!!!! I ask you now, can it get any better than that??? GO GET YOU A PAIR!!
on January 5, 2016
I used to wear these shoes religiously in my earlier years which made me want them again. Aesthetically these shoes are very pleasing. The outside material is well made, attractive and the stitching is well done. The only issue I have is the arch, at least on the right shoe which gives me pause to buy them again. It hurts to walk on them for very long, which should be a plus for this type of shoe. It could be just a defect for this one shoe, but I don't think I will be buying them again to find out
on February 7, 2014
I bought these to complete my Walter White Halloween costume. They cost a pretty penny, and I had every intention of returning them. However, they came with some unexpected perks that caused me to reconsider.

These shoes are very quiet! The crepe sole allows me to walk over hardwood flooring without the usual "clomp, clomp" sound of normal shoes. They're also spongy enough to give the slight feel that you're perpetually walking on that rubbery playground material. The leather and stitching are of high quality and I expect them to last a long time.

The downside? Aside from being a tad on the heavy side, it's the padding—or lack thereof. It's pretty much leather attached to a sole, and that's it. Can't recall there being much arch support, either. Also, the opening for the foot seems a bit large, so even when you tie the laces as snugly as you can (without cutting off circulation, of course) they still feel slightly loose on the foot. My advice for those without big feet would be to grab some Dr. Scholl's inserts or wear some thick, comfy socks if you plan on making these a daily wear.
on October 31, 2016
They not only look and feel great, also very comfortable and quiet while wearing. This is my 2nd pair and the 1st pair for over two years I have worn them daily and they still are in great shape. If you want real leather with their wonderful sole, get a pair and enjoy them a lot.
on October 12, 2015
I have a pair of the orginal black ones from 2010 and it feels like a completely different shoe. The old ones feels way more comfortable and the construction was alot more smoother with a higher quality. The new ones that I ordered through Amazaon felt hard, uncomfortable, and warped like the inner or outersole is uneven. I am wondering if these are even original. Anyways, I decided to go to the store in person to see if there is a difference.
on May 8, 2017
I am a clarks lover I have over ten pairs. After seeing these I had to get them. They are very unique and everyone loves them.
on May 8, 2014
Size seems to run a little long but the width could be wider. I bought these in a men's size 6.5 because I wear a woman's 8.5w. In a shoe like this, or a work boot, I will buy men's rather than a woman's for the extra width. The top leather is soft enough that they will easily stretch, but you still have what I think is too narrow a sole. Even In the picture you can see that the upper over hangs the sole. I bought these for when I'm on my feet all day cleaning, working outside and doing errands. Athletic shoes (worn only for an hour when working out) are too flat for me for all day wear and are hard to find without arch support, which I don't need. The sole has just the right elevation and cushion to keep my feet and knees feeling good all day. I bought these to replace a knock-off brand of wallabies I wore for 10 years that finally fell apart. When I'm done with these, I'll look for another pair of knock-offs with a wider sole.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.