Beauty Best Books of the Month Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Carters PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on October 9, 2015
No good, cant bear to wear these any longer. I purchased these because of their similarity to the Wallabee but without the crepe rubber sole, thinking the soles on these would last longer. After three months of wear the bottoms of the soles started to wear away revealing a mostly hollow sole making them uneven to walk in.
review imagereview imagereview image
129 people found this helpful
|33 comments|Report abuse
on September 15, 2017
I am reasonably satisfied with my purchase of two pairs "Clarks Men's Stinson Hi Wallabee Boots". I chose to order them in "Oily Brown Leather", since I consider this color as the nicest of all colors available for this product. They are quite nice in appearance, soft, and comfortable. Nonetheless, these boots are nowhere as well-constructed, supportive, comfy, or durable as "Original Clarks Wallabee Boots For Men". Well, maybe they're good enough. In fact, one pair was made almost entirely different than the other. That is, one has a smoother textured exterior and better constructed interior. I have been wearing, and continue to wear, the original version since the age of fourteen. Therefore, I can certainly compare the differences between both versions. The original version is made with genuine crepe outer soles. "Stinson" is made with synthetic outer soles. This version does not provide the same degree of foot support, or cushion the impact of walking on city sidewalks, nor are they as silent when walking up and down the stairs. I had bought my first pair of the original version during my late teens with those beneficial features in mind. Unequivocally, I prefer the aspects of "Clarks Original Boots For Men". The orginal version is also constructed with excellent quality, heavy grade(but ever so comfy) leather...both inside and out. As a matter of manufacturing history: Many years ago, "Clarks" manufactured their footwear in either Australia and/or Ireland. For the past decade or so, all their footwear is manufactured in China. "Clarks Men's Stinson Hi Wallabee Boots" are approximately half the weight, half the quality, at half the price. I highly doubt that these boots could withstand the true test of time and wear. The original version lasts and lasts throughout many years of everyday use. Sure, "Stinson" is more cost-efficient for consumers. So, why not buy a different brand within a similar price range? I hadn't thought I'd ever pose such a question with regard to "Clarks" shoes. In my perspective, the "Clarks" name-brand is tarnishing its brilliantly glowing reputation by offering such a lower grade of footwear. "These Boots Are Made For Walking" and are foot friendly footwear. Well, maybe they're good enough. I suppose you will have to decide for yourself. Hope my product review serves to aid in my fellow consumer's buying decisions.
7 people found this helpful
on October 5, 2017
I have owned a dozen different styles of Clarks shoes over the years but this is the first pair that I simply couldn't wrench my foot into. It was a size 10 medium width, the length seemed OK but the open space inside the shoe was way too snug a fit for my foot. I will say that the Amazon returns policy has been very good. Just before writing this review I took the re-packed box containing the shoes to a UPS store, got a shipping label there and was assured that my package will be shipped today.
7 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on May 18, 2017
Purchased these shoes for myself. Shoes were a little tight across the top while wearing them. Hopefully it will loosen up over time.....
review image
9 people found this helpful
on May 29, 2017
I can not say enough about this shoe. Wallabees are comfortable and this color can be matched with just about any color combination. This shoe can be worn with jeans or khakis, t-shirts or button ups, polos or sweaters. I wear them all the time and its getting hard for me to wear anything else because they look and feel so good. I can wear them anywhere and they fit the location or event. The soles are super easy to clean if they get dirty. Hot water and a cloth works even without any cleaner on the sole. A damp cloth can be used to wipe down the leather if it gets dirty. I will be wearing these until the soles fall off, they are awesome! I stand by that.
on April 6, 2017
Have 2 pair of the lower cut, men's size 6 fits fine. These are "beeswax leather" - much too tight and stiff, returning, hope I can find the same size in suede, which is much softer and comfortable fit. Returned for credit, no problem in returning them.
on January 30, 2016
Appear to be of good quality materials and construction, time will tell. The shoe does not have any "cush" in it at all and is a very "firm" platform. They seem to me a skimpy 10.5 and I think 11.0 would prove too long at the arch. Minimal arch support. I wish they were available in E-wide. These would be really fine if I had sufficient room to add a good sport support insole, if they last: it would be a five star shoe.
on March 11, 2018
I've had them for about 2 weeks now I use them primarily to work in I was looking for something comfortable but rugged I work in a plant running a press they are the right color brown to disguise all the black greasy stuff on the floor. They're getting scratched up real good the leather is holding up I can't wait until they get a little older because the patina on them is going to look roughneck roughneck is good very good I wear a full beard, so that makes it hard to resist a good-looking hard working, tall black man. So that being said I'll get them a thumbs up. Oh yeah and one more thing they will make a nice dress shoe something nice to go out on the weekend. And atvthe price they are one can afford to buy a pair every year to keep them looking fresh and new.
on March 24, 2016
I absolutely love my Wallabee boots. I will regularly spend an entire day in them without so much as a tinge of pain in my feet. These boots have a timeless look to them that keeps them in style constantly. They look amazing with jeans but also can be worn with many business casual type pants. I've worn these with jeans and tee shirt or with dress pants and a sport coat.
They look great, they feel amazing, and they continue to last. What more can I ask for? By far, the favorite pair of boots I've ever owned! They do run a little small, so as long as you order a half size up then you should be fine.
2 people found this helpful
on June 12, 2017
I always wanted another pair of Clarks Wallabees and hadn't heard of the Stinson before, but at $60.00 cheaper I decided to give the Stinson a go. I didn't realise that the Stinson didn't have the crepe soul like the original Wallabee, but they're still pretty comfortable. They are well made, they fit well and feel good and comfortable even after wearing for a few hours, especially now I've done a bit of walking in them and now they've broken in and softened up a bit. The crepe sole of the Wallabee is a bit more comfortable I think, but for a cheap good looking shoe the Stinson is a pretty good value. I put beeswax leather conditioner on mine and they came up pretty nice. My foot length is 28.5cm and I found the mens 11.5 US size to be a perfect fit.
One person found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.