Customer Reviews: Clarks Women's Denton Sand Knee-High Boot
Amazon Vehicles Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Subscribe & Save Cozy Knits STEM Book 2 or More Hours of House Cleaning on Amazon LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 All-New Kindle for Kids Edition Lady Gaga Shop Cycling on Amazon

on April 2, 2013
Okay, I just received my boots. They are soft and lovely, even nicer looking than the picture. I read the reviews and I ordered 8.5. Most of my dress shoes are this size, athletic shoes are typically a 9. I have narrow-ish feet and figured this would be fine. NO NO NO! They are WAY too small. I was irritated with the retailer for a bit, but then decided I should try to be fair, before I gave some poor clerk what for. I noticed the boots were sized a British size 6 and looked up a shoe size conversion chart, and found a British 6 is an American 8.5. Then I saw the Japanese sizing and noted that those sizes were based on true measurement in Centimeters. I measured my foot and found it to be 25.5 centimeters, corresponding to a 9.5 in American sizes. All I can figure is that Clark's are really true to size, and that many other shoes are not, thereby accounting for the discrepancy in my regular shoes. I wish the retailer had made a stronger point of this on their description of the boot, as I would have measured before ordering. Now I will be out an extra $20, somewhat negating the terrific price I found on Amazon. But still, the prices are much cheaper than other sites, so I just wanted to issue a buyer BEWARE. Measure your feet with a tape measure in centimeters and google a conversion chart. You will need your industry standard TRUE size, unless of course, you enjoy spending extra money on return AND exchange shipping. Or maybe you like to go to post offices and hit on the civil servants. No judgement, I know a lot of ladies that like a man in a uniform...

I will try and remember to update this saga when I receive my true size and put some wear and tear on the boots.
on December 10, 2012
They are really great - have gore-tex lining which I didn't realize when I ordered them. Comfortable and warm and stylish. I have received compliments on them.
One confusing point - I ordered size 7.5 M but on the bottom of the boot it says "5" and I at first coudl not find any place with "7.5" on it. Since they were a bit snug at first, I assumed I got the wrong size. I reordered and the boots had the same thing - box said 7.5 US, 5.5 UK but on bottom of sole it said "5". I don't know what that 5 means but don't worry--it is not the boot size.
on March 21, 2013
Nicely made with super soft yet sturdy leather. (Complete with Gore-tex) Do buy a half size larger. The measurements the site uses don't match what Clarks states as the size. (UK sizing) Purchasing a half size larger made all the difference.
on February 23, 2013
These boots have a classic look and are very comfortable! Over or under Jeans they look good. I wear to work and for play.
I do have small calves and I like them becasue they are not bulky on top.

If you have smaller calves these are a must!
on April 11, 2013
I tried to love this boot, I really did. I wanted a waterproof boot that didn't look like a rainboot. These do succeed in looking like regular leather boots, but that's the only good thing I can say, because I found the sizing to be the strangest I've ever encountered. I tried my regular size 7.5 first, and it was huge on me. I checked the insides of both boots to make sure they hadn't sent me an 8.5 by mistake. I could slide my foot forward so far that there was an inch of space between my heel and the boot's heel, which is especially weird because I have wide feet and high arches.

So, then I ordered a 6.5 because I thought the 7 would still be too big. Well, the 6.5s were way too small. So then I ordered a 7 and hoped it would be perfect. Nope. Even the 7 was way too small. Cramping-my-toes small. So I guess what I need is a 7.25, but that's not an actual size.
on May 15, 2014
I am a perfect size 6, I have never worn anything but a six. These fit, and I'm not sure a bigger size would work. They are just really snug all over! I am 5'3" and 115 lbs and I can't really zip them up over jeans or pants. I have actually decided that these are my dress and skirt boots. After wearing them about 10 times, they are comfortable enough, as long as I only have tights on underneath them. They were advertised as high quality rain boots, and that's what I wanted them for, but they are very nice and attractive. I will just use them for dresses.
on February 20, 2013
I ordered 7.5M but was shipped 10M. The sole had the number 7.5 but that has nothing to do with the size. The size is located on the inside of the boot. The replacement order came and it was incorrect again, 10M. The boot box said size 10M while the computer label said 7.5m. Don't order these because you will never get your size unless you are 10M.
on October 3, 2013
Love Clarks Shoes of all kinds. This pair of boots is better in a 1/2 size larger. It fit perfectly then. Looks great with a boot skirt. I've kept an eye on these till the price came down a bit. Amazon was be best price in this instance.
on January 5, 2013
I was searching for a great winter boots for work, i wanted one that would last the entire winter. i came across these boots and fell in love with them, knowing that clarks brand is of good quality i got them. I have been wearing them since.
on March 14, 2013
True to size, and no break in period necessary. Because of the gore-tex, it keeps your feet dry, but may make the leather look a bit on the shinier side. I'm ok with it, it's a nice classic boot that's pretty form fitting around the calf.