Salon Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on October 5, 2015
I have had the gray suede desert boots for 1.5 years. I would advise a break-in period as others have suggested. I bought these and immediately wore them for work and walked a few miles in the fist day - I had huge blisters on the bottoms of both feet. After breaking them in they are pretty comfortable, although they do not provide much arch support and I still get sore spots in certain areas if I do a ton of walking in them. The leather stretches, so I wouldn't suggest sizing up.

Pros:
•Great style
•Breathable leather (my feet never smell after wearing these)
•Great color
•Mostly comfortable after breaking in

Cons:
•The crepe soles are (for me) the most disappointing aspect for a few reasons. First, tripping hazard. I was constantly tripping on both carpet and hard surfaces because the tip of the sole/toe would catch. After about a year, I wore down the tip enough so that it isn't a common issue anymore - although I do still, on occasion, have a near mishap. Second, they attract and absorb dirt, oil, crumbs, hair, you name it. It is disgusting. I often will find myself feeling self conscious because I don't want anyone to see the bottom of my shoes. Third, my guess is that if you don't live in a desert - these boots aren't for you. I live in a very wet environment, and it seems like this may have caused the soles to degrade so there is a bit of cracking and I sometimes notice the bottoms of my feet being a bit damp. If they offered a different sole, I would consider buying a new pair.
•The suede does not hold its shape. After about 2 months I noticed that they seemed a bit frumpy looking. After 1.5 years, they look like something cartoon Goofy would wear - shapeless and sort of lumpy. Don't get me wrong, I still wear them often, but my brother makes fun of me and calls them my Peter Pan shoes. I have the feeling that their regular leather would hold up better than the suede.
•Not much support
review image review image review image
44 comments| 58 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 20, 2016
They hurt! It's just my second day wearing them and I'm determined to break them in so I hope they'll get softer and more comfortable. My feet are very thin, top to bottom, but there's not enough room in these for a bulky sock - just in case you want thicker ones for winter. The leather is rather stiff and the upper very-back part hits uncomfortably at the back of my ankle. I want them to work. I got them because I love how they look AND Clarks was recommended by my podiatrist (so I sort of expected them to be more comfortable). I'm thinking about taking them to the shoe shop to see what the guy there says about either stretching them or saddle soap, but do I want spend more money to make them work for me? Aaagh.

(Seems early to give a star rating but this is requiring me to, so for now it's midway there.)

If I end up loving them I'll report back because they sure *look* just right! I'm hoping for the best.
on February 1, 2015
These shoes are amazingly comfortable, durable and look great. I ordered a size 6, since that's my usual size, but they turned out to be a little too loose and roomy in the toe area. Since they are little larger than I am use to, I have tripped up a few times, because the front rim of the shoes stick out a little too much. I definitely could have gone down half a size or a full size for a better fit. Even with the shoes being a little bit too big, I did experience some rubbing on my little toes, so I would say that it took me a week to break into the shoes.

I've had the shoes for just over a year now and the soles are in amazing condition with very little wear and tear. The suede leather on the other hand has gone from a distressed grey to a faded grey with green/yellow undertones, which I am not too keen on. I never wore in the rain, so the color fade is due to natural passage of time. The shoes look worn and tired and not as great as they use to, but they are still as comfortable as ever.

Clarks are known for their comfortable and durable shoes (not necessarily fashionable) and these dessert boots are classics. I would purchase these shoes again, but I'd go half a size down and maybe get a camel or tan color that would age better.
on September 5, 2015
These shoes are great! I am normally between a 7.5 and an 8 and I chose an 8, and they fit pretty well, if not a little small in the toes. I think a 7.5 would have been much too small. If you are in-between sizes I would order up a half size! I think that they will be perfect after a bit of breaking in. I love the rubber bottom and the suede is nice and thick. I ordered the taupe color of this shoe thinking that they would be more of a grey color based on previous reviews, but they are actually a greyish beige. They are not at all brown/tan as pictured online, but they are also not straight grey. I actually used to have a pair of Nine West Kender Ankle Boot in Taupe Suede, (which I was looking to replace with this shoe), and the color matches them perfectly! I love them and will be keeping them. They look great with jeans and casual pants.
on February 15, 2017
I have bought Clark Boots in the past, and are my primary footwear every day! Two years ago I purchased taupe suede boots and they fit incredibly, and after a year it was time to purchase a new pair. I reordered the exact same pair and have worn them a year and a half daily now, and decided to try something different.

As I live in the Pacific Northwest, the rain wears down my shoes more than most so I tried to purchase these beeswax leather desert boots as a helpful alternative. With the rain, I am trying to keep these as good as new before I really wear them everyday like my other pair, so I wore them for the first time after a month of waiting on the weather. I could barely put them on because they were so narrow, barely got my heel into them, and couldn't wear socks due to this tightness. I am familiar with a "break-in period" but this was completely new to me. I checked the size, and its an 8(m) as I always order, but after wearing, I have the worst blisters I have ever had in my life, in just a few hours. What went wrong? Either way, I am unable to return these since it is the past the 30-day period, and am stuck with them.

Do not get me wrong, because I LOVE and adore these shoes, they are an essential part of my wardrobe and needs. Next time, I just need to try them on right away I suppose! Please take caution in your own purchase, and maybe try to try some on in a brick&mortar location.
on May 22, 2014
I loved the casual style, colour and the Clarks Brand however, The size 8 was a very tight fit. I think an 8 1/2 or 9 would've been too large. For the first 3 days I wore bulky socks for as long as comfort would allow. Being suede, they stretched and now, wearing regular socks, they fit perfect! I am considering ordering them in Beeswax but will have to order 1/2 size larger as the leather is a lot harder to stretch. Overall, I liked them and would recommend them to friends and family!
on November 5, 2016
I ordered these shoes because of all the great reviews and someone I know loves them. I read and was told that you need to break them in. This is very true! I have worn them a few times just for a few hours to break them in. I love them so far. I am still breaking them in and seem to be struggling with breaking them in in the heel area. The fit is exactly what I expected. I usually wear a 9 and that is what I ordered. The color and texture are as expected. Overall a great shoe! I plan on ordering the leather Desert Boot.
on December 30, 2015
I love these classic shoes. Pairs well with skinny jeans or leggings!

Pros:
High quality leather and construction.
Easily cleaned, just wipe off dirt and use a cleaner.
The leather gets softer as you use it. Once they are broken in they become super comfortable.
You don't have to baby these shoes, they are tough!

Cons:
They absolutely need time to break in. Don't buy these and plan to immediately wear them comfortably. Be patient and they'll soften up.
on November 15, 2016
The color is great. It added the right pop of red to my mostly neutral wardrobe, and felt a little more unique than the desert boots in the shades of brown/tan. It took about four wears of walking about a mile each time to break in the shoes. I would recommend carrying a back up pair of shoes with you while breaking these in, because there's going to be a point at which your ankles will hurt from blisters if don't limit your walking to less than half a mile at a time. They aren't waterproof, but a suede protector spray is only a few dollars. So far the fit is as expected, and they've been comfortable to wear once broken in. Buying these through Prime ended up being about $30-$40 cheaper than what I was able to find in store as well as on the Clark's website. I'm happy with my purchase, as it was exactly as I expected a pair of desert boots to be.
on June 3, 2015
I am accustomed to and prefer zero lift shoes. However if you require a lot of arch support and cushioning, it's probably not the style for you. I found them comfortable right out of the box and grown more comfortable as they break-in. The picture on the website for the taupe color is a reddish-brown however the shoe that arrived is taupe. A beautiful color. Fit true to size, a little snug at first but the suede will stretch and give.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.