Industrial Deals Salon Beauty Best Kids Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon soul2soul soul2soul soul2soul  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

on October 5, 2015
I have had the gray suede desert boots for 1.5 years. I would advise a break-in period as others have suggested. I bought these and immediately wore them for work and walked a few miles in the fist day - I had huge blisters on the bottoms of both feet. After breaking them in they are pretty comfortable, although they do not provide much arch support and I still get sore spots in certain areas if I do a ton of walking in them. The leather stretches, so I wouldn't suggest sizing up.

Pros:
•Great style
•Breathable leather (my feet never smell after wearing these)
•Great color
•Mostly comfortable after breaking in

Cons:
•The crepe soles are (for me) the most disappointing aspect for a few reasons. First, tripping hazard. I was constantly tripping on both carpet and hard surfaces because the tip of the sole/toe would catch. After about a year, I wore down the tip enough so that it isn't a common issue anymore - although I do still, on occasion, have a near mishap. Second, they attract and absorb dirt, oil, crumbs, hair, you name it. It is disgusting. I often will find myself feeling self conscious because I don't want anyone to see the bottom of my shoes. Third, my guess is that if you don't live in a desert - these boots aren't for you. I live in a very wet environment, and it seems like this may have caused the soles to degrade so there is a bit of cracking and I sometimes notice the bottoms of my feet being a bit damp. If they offered a different sole, I would consider buying a new pair.
•The suede does not hold its shape. After about 2 months I noticed that they seemed a bit frumpy looking. After 1.5 years, they look like something cartoon Goofy would wear - shapeless and sort of lumpy. Don't get me wrong, I still wear them often, but my brother makes fun of me and calls them my Peter Pan shoes. I have the feeling that their regular leather would hold up better than the suede.
•Not much support
review imagereview imagereview image
63 helpful votes
64 helpful votes
44 comments|Report abuse
on February 15, 2017
I have bought Clark Boots in the past, and are my primary footwear every day! Two years ago I purchased taupe suede boots and they fit incredibly, and after a year it was time to purchase a new pair. I reordered the exact same pair and have worn them a year and a half daily now, and decided to try something different.

As I live in the Pacific Northwest, the rain wears down my shoes more than most so I tried to purchase these beeswax leather desert boots as a helpful alternative. With the rain, I am trying to keep these as good as new before I really wear them everyday like my other pair, so I wore them for the first time after a month of waiting on the weather. I could barely put them on because they were so narrow, barely got my heel into them, and couldn't wear socks due to this tightness. I am familiar with a "break-in period" but this was completely new to me. I checked the size, and its an 8(m) as I always order, but after wearing, I have the worst blisters I have ever had in my life, in just a few hours. What went wrong? Either way, I am unable to return these since it is the past the 30-day period, and am stuck with them.

Do not get me wrong, because I LOVE and adore these shoes, they are an essential part of my wardrobe and needs. Next time, I just need to try them on right away I suppose! Please take caution in your own purchase, and maybe try to try some on in a brick&mortar location.
on May 22, 2014
I loved the casual style, colour and the Clarks Brand however, The size 8 was a very tight fit. I think an 8 1/2 or 9 would've been too large. For the first 3 days I wore bulky socks for as long as comfort would allow. Being suede, they stretched and now, wearing regular socks, they fit perfect! I am considering ordering them in Beeswax but will have to order 1/2 size larger as the leather is a lot harder to stretch. Overall, I liked them and would recommend them to friends and family!
5 helpful votes
6 helpful votes
on November 5, 2016
I ordered these shoes because of all the great reviews and someone I know loves them. I read and was told that you need to break them in. This is very true! I have worn them a few times just for a few hours to break them in. I love them so far. I am still breaking them in and seem to be struggling with breaking them in in the heel area. The fit is exactly what I expected. I usually wear a 9 and that is what I ordered. The color and texture are as expected. Overall a great shoe! I plan on ordering the leather Desert Boot.
on November 15, 2016
The color is great. It added the right pop of red to my mostly neutral wardrobe, and felt a little more unique than the desert boots in the shades of brown/tan. It took about four wears of walking about a mile each time to break in the shoes. I would recommend carrying a back up pair of shoes with you while breaking these in, because there's going to be a point at which your ankles will hurt from blisters if don't limit your walking to less than half a mile at a time. They aren't waterproof, but a suede protector spray is only a few dollars. So far the fit is as expected, and they've been comfortable to wear once broken in. Buying these through Prime ended up being about $30-$40 cheaper than what I was able to find in store as well as on the Clark's website. I'm happy with my purchase, as it was exactly as I expected a pair of desert boots to be.
on June 3, 2015
I am accustomed to and prefer zero lift shoes. However if you require a lot of arch support and cushioning, it's probably not the style for you. I found them comfortable right out of the box and grown more comfortable as they break-in. The picture on the website for the taupe color is a reddish-brown however the shoe that arrived is taupe. A beautiful color. Fit true to size, a little snug at first but the suede will stretch and give.
VINE VOICEon November 5, 2015
First off, I love Clarks Desert Boots. I have six pairs, in assorted colors (two being the Desert Breeze version) and they are all phenomenal! These Wine Patent Leather are no exception, however they run a bit smaller than my others. I always wear a 6.5 in my Desert Boots, but I had to get a 7 with these, AND these are just a tad narrower, as well. This may be due to the fact that the patent leather is less giving than the suede, but I'm sure after a bit of wearing they'll open up a smidge. Bottom line, I truly could not be happier with my purchase. This color is off the charts and the look is hip and fun! But do consider ordering a 1/2 size up from your norm if you go with the patent leather.
on August 31, 2015
When I first saw these shoes, I was quite impressed by all of the colors and varieties of leather and other materials that were offered in this particular style. I hesitated at first because I have never bought shoes like these. But upon reading all the reviews, I decided to purchase. I am so glad I did as many are sold out! These shoes are truly classic! The color is amazing - I got the peach ones. Size is spot on. They are a bit tight in the top where the laces begin. But after wearing them for a while, as explained by other reviewers, they did stretch out. The leather is supple and soft, yet strong where needed. The construction is perfect. Couldn't ask for a better made shoe. I expect to have these shoes for a long time. Buy these shoes and see for yourself!
on March 1, 2017
i LOVE LOVE LOVE these little boots! the color, the look; they are just perfect! the leather is hard, so you have to break them in little by little, my they are the "it" perfect in every way! I would highly recommend them. i have this style in about five colors, and this one is my favorite now.
on March 18, 2014
I love these boots, and wear them daily. Just an fyi though, in case you're like me and think this picture is showing/you are ordering a light brown boot - they are grey: straight grey, no brownish-grey or greyish-brown about it. I kept them, and the only drawback is the ring around the top of the boot where my denim (regular levi's, nothing fancy) has stained the suede... I belatedly read online how to work around/fix this issue w/ painters tape on the inside of the hem, so it's possible to avoid my same predicament.
21 helpful votes
22 helpful votes
11 comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.