Amazon Vehicles Beauty Trade in your textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Gifts for Dad Book House Cleaning twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 466 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 498 reviews
on January 4, 2015
Very comfortable and receives compliments regularly. Only downside is that my daughter's hipster boyfriend owns the exact same pair....and she finds this slightly mortifying.
on November 29, 2016
I read the reviews on Amazon, and I saw people were saying go up half a size. But I also read reviews on YouTube, and people there said to get true to size because they'll expand once you break them in. I went out on a limp and got true to size. I'm so happy that I did. I was a little worried because my wide are little but wide, and people were also saying that they are thin. But surprisingly, they fit perfectly with regular, non-thick socks.

And they also came with some scratches already on them, so I don't have to do anything to them. If you know anything about Clark Originals Desert Boots, then you know that the older they get and the more minor scratches and scuffs they get, the better they look. The vintage look of these boots looks great with skinny jeans! The price is a little on the expensive side, but these shoes are made very well and will last for years. I strongly recommend them.
review image review image review image
on January 23, 2013
I adore literally everything about these boots. They are exactly what I wanted when I typed "old school boots" into the Google search bar. When these arrived, they were perfection. I ordered the beeswax leather and am happy with my choice. They do scuff (sort of) but I think it adds character and makes them even better. They look utterly fabulous with jeans - I've worn them with both boot cut and skinny (with and without a cuff). They also look great with some tights and a skirt. The only thing that you have to watch with every day wear is that the material on the bottom of the shoe is not as 'grippy' as I thought it would be. It's spongy and comfortable, but I've noticed that it doesn't provide very much traction on ice. As for size, I wasn't sure whether to size up or down so I just went with my normal size of 9.5 and they fit very well with comfy socks.

The thing I will tell you is to heed the warnings about breaking these in. When I read the reviews, I didn't think it would be that bad as I've never really had a problem breaking in new shoes before. These were horrific during the first wear despite the fact that I wore very thick socks with them. The back of my heel rubbed painfully almost immediately upon putting the boots on my feet and within an hour, the area above my ankles (where the top of the boot hits your leg) was killing me. When I got home that night the backs of both of my heels were bright red and tender and I had a deep purple indentation around my ankles from the boot tops. I have to say I was terrified to put them back on but they are so dang cute! So I waited about a week before I wore them again. The second wear was ridiculously comfortable and they have been ever since. If you can make it through the initial wear, you're golden and these boots are amazing. I want to order in more colors but I will admit that I'm hesitant to go through the breaking in process again. The pair I have, though, are my favorite shoes now.
on December 11, 2015
I wear a 7.5 and 8 and my feet are normal-to-narrow. I bought an 8 size shoe in the Beeswax Leather color. I can't believe how uncomfortable these are! After 30 minutes of wearing them, I've put bandages on my toes to avoid blisters. But I'm going to give them a week or two to conform to my foot. The heel area is loose-ish and the toe area is very narrow and tight. The leather is a nice brown but begins to crease immediately upon wearing. But I love how it looks; the leather feels strong and beautiful. The shoe feels like it's made of good-quality materials and the workmanship feels excellent, so I don't regret buying these (yet!). I'll update later on about how well the shoe stretches and feels.

UPDATE six months later: I've added a star because it finally stretched and now I'm able to wear this shoe without discomfort. The leather is hard so it's not as comfortable as my leather shoes that are made of a soft leather. But at the same time, I feel like these will last twenty years. They also feel very durable, which is great. So I guess in the end, I don't regret buying these shoes!
on April 5, 2015
Listen to reviews that say they run small!! Unless you have an EXTREMELY narrow foot, please order half size up. I understand these will probably stretch a little, but still too snug everywhere with any thickness of sock. I am waiting to receive my 8 1/2's. I usually wear 8 comfortably, but lots of reviews said the ran small and I should've listened. My foot is not narrow, but not wide either, just average I believe. Also, I do have arch in my foot but I don't think the lack of arch support will be too much of a problem, because after some breaking in, they'll be a decently comfy shoe (little stiff at first, but that'll change), but for longer walks I'll stick with a pair of Merrells. On the other hand, they're a beautiful shoe, and I want to mention that another reason I was reluctant to order the 81/2's because I was afraid that if they were slightly big, they may give the appearance of flat clown feet…Don't worry about this, they look great, no clown appeal at all in person :)
on February 1, 2016
Wore shoes all-day, the first day. I can't remember when I put on a pair of shoes and wore them all day the first day I bought them. Well, I did with these Clark Desert Boots. I ordered a black and they sent a Loden Green, I wasn't too happy to begin with, but after looking at them - I liked them better with jeans and decided the mix-up was for the best (so I never said a thing and I am toody tally happy). These shoes however will be a three season shoe (fall, winter, and early spring). They are definitely not a summer shoe, dang, they are so comfortable to wear and I have a very difficult time finding a shoe that feels good on my foot. I am sure anybody buying these shoes will love them. Oh, yes - I have a tremendously high instep, so I ordered a 1/2 size larger than usual, this was a good move for me, so if you have the size instep like me (I would suggest you do the same).
on December 20, 2016
They hurt! It's just my second day wearing them and I'm determined to break them in so I hope they'll get softer and more comfortable. My feet are very thin, top to bottom, but there's not enough room in these for a bulky sock - just in case you want thicker ones for winter. The leather is rather stiff and the upper very-back part hits uncomfortably at the back of my ankle. I want them to work. I got them because I love how they look AND Clarks was recommended by my podiatrist (so I sort of expected them to be more comfortable). I'm thinking about taking them to the shoe shop to see what the guy there says about either stretching them or saddle soap, but do I want spend more money to make them work for me? Aaagh.

(Seems early to give a star rating but this is requiring me to, so for now it's midway there.)

If I end up loving them I'll report back because they sure *look* just right! I'm hoping for the best.
on November 4, 2013
I've had these boots for over a year now, and I love them as much as I did when I first opened the box. They are sturdy, durable, comfortable, and stylish. They are true to color, and although they have gotten a little scuffed over time, this only makes them look better. They fit a little large, but this way I can wear my wool socks to keep my feet warm during these cold months. I wear them all the time and they look great with cuffed jeans, skinny jeans, and with skirts and tights for a more casual dressy look. Highly recommend! They are worth the price.
on February 1, 2015
These shoes are amazingly comfortable, durable and look great. I ordered a size 6, since that's my usual size, but they turned out to be a little too loose and roomy in the toe area. Since they are little larger than I am use to, I have tripped up a few times, because the front rim of the shoes stick out a little too much. I definitely could have gone down half a size or a full size for a better fit. Even with the shoes being a little bit too big, I did experience some rubbing on my little toes, so I would say that it took me a week to break into the shoes.

I've had the shoes for just over a year now and the soles are in amazing condition with very little wear and tear. The suede leather on the other hand has gone from a distressed grey to a faded grey with green/yellow undertones, which I am not too keen on. I never wore in the rain, so the color fade is due to natural passage of time. The shoes look worn and tired and not as great as they use to, but they are still as comfortable as ever.

Clarks are known for their comfortable and durable shoes (not necessarily fashionable) and these dessert boots are classics. I would purchase these shoes again, but I'd go half a size down and maybe get a camel or tan color that would age better.
on September 5, 2015
These shoes are great! I am normally between a 7.5 and an 8 and I chose an 8, and they fit pretty well, if not a little small in the toes. I think a 7.5 would have been much too small. If you are in-between sizes I would order up a half size! I think that they will be perfect after a bit of breaking in. I love the rubber bottom and the suede is nice and thick. I ordered the taupe color of this shoe thinking that they would be more of a grey color based on previous reviews, but they are actually a greyish beige. They are not at all brown/tan as pictured online, but they are also not straight grey. I actually used to have a pair of Nine West Kender Ankle Boot in Taupe Suede, (which I was looking to replace with this shoe), and the color matches them perfectly! I love them and will be keeping them. They look great with jeans and casual pants.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.