Spring Deals Automotive HPC Amazon First Reads New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Prime exclusive: $24.99 for a limited time Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18PP_gno

on October 5, 2015
I have had the gray suede desert boots for 1.5 years. I would advise a break-in period as others have suggested. I bought these and immediately wore them for work and walked a few miles in the fist day - I had huge blisters on the bottoms of both feet. After breaking them in they are pretty comfortable, although they do not provide much arch support and I still get sore spots in certain areas if I do a ton of walking in them. The leather stretches, so I wouldn't suggest sizing up.

•Great style
•Breathable leather (my feet never smell after wearing these)
•Great color
•Mostly comfortable after breaking in

•The crepe soles are (for me) the most disappointing aspect for a few reasons. First, tripping hazard. I was constantly tripping on both carpet and hard surfaces because the tip of the sole/toe would catch. After about a year, I wore down the tip enough so that it isn't a common issue anymore - although I do still, on occasion, have a near mishap. Second, they attract and absorb dirt, oil, crumbs, hair, you name it. It is disgusting. I often will find myself feeling self conscious because I don't want anyone to see the bottom of my shoes. Third, my guess is that if you don't live in a desert - these boots aren't for you. I live in a very wet environment, and it seems like this may have caused the soles to degrade so there is a bit of cracking and I sometimes notice the bottoms of my feet being a bit damp. If they offered a different sole, I would consider buying a new pair.
•The suede does not hold its shape. After about 2 months I noticed that they seemed a bit frumpy looking. After 1.5 years, they look like something cartoon Goofy would wear - shapeless and sort of lumpy. Don't get me wrong, I still wear them often, but my brother makes fun of me and calls them my Peter Pan shoes. I have the feeling that their regular leather would hold up better than the suede.
•Not much support
review imagereview imagereview image
44 comments| 76 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 4, 2015
Very comfortable and receives compliments regularly. Only downside is that my daughter's hipster boyfriend owns the exact same pair....and she finds this slightly mortifying.
0Comment| 47 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 16, 2018
This is my second pair of Clark’s Desert Boots in ~3 months, so clearly I’m a fan. I snagged the light green color on sale for $40 in my size, whereas my first pair I paid around $75 for. These are lower quality, but for a little more than half the price, I’ll take it. There appears to be some kind of manufacturing defect/quality control issue, which I’m guessing is why the price was reduced. The suede on one shoe is rougher and a bit hairier than the other, which is the same smooth suede I’m used to with my other pair. I’ve posted close-up photos, the first is of the “hairy” suede, the second is the normal suede. The interior leather also doesn’t feel quuiiiite as smooth as my first pair. (My other CDBs are navy though, so maybe the dye has something to do with it?) So, if you’re not okay with potentially getting something a little bit lower quality, avoid the too-good-to-be-true sale prices. I took of 1 star for this issue, but CDBs generally get 5/5 from me.

I like the color of these a lot more than I thought I would! Light green would definitely not be my first choice for color, but I couldn’t pass them up at that price. They look great with a pair of dark wash, cuffed jeans and are a fun departure from the more traditional light CDB colors people typically chose (oakwood/taupe/sand).

These fit like my first pair (I usually wear an 8-8.5, but these run small and I have to buy them in a 9) and the cut/style is the same. Make sure to waterproof with a suede protectant spray - my cat knocked over a glass of water and got little droplets all over these before I had the chance. I was convinced they were ruined, but the water stains came out with some brushing and a rubber gum eraser (that eraser tip is the best I’ve picked up for cleaning suede, fyi). If you’ve never worn Clark’s with the crepe sole before be warned, they’ll pick up a LOT of dirt and ultimately become much darker. I’ve included a pic of the new soles vs. the soles of the boots I’ve been wearing for a few months now, which were he same color as these originally. I wear these to bike almost daily in a city, however, so your filthy-sole mileage may vary.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview image
on December 11, 2015
I wear a 7.5 and 8 and my feet are normal-to-narrow. I bought an 8 size shoe in the Beeswax Leather color. I can't believe how uncomfortable these are! After 30 minutes of wearing them, I've put bandages on my toes to avoid blisters. But I'm going to give them a week or two to conform to my foot. The heel area is loose-ish and the toe area is very narrow and tight. The leather is a nice brown but begins to crease immediately upon wearing. But I love how it looks; the leather feels strong and beautiful. The shoe feels like it's made of good-quality materials and the workmanship feels excellent, so I don't regret buying these (yet!). I'll update later on about how well the shoe stretches and feels.

UPDATE six months later: I've added a star because it finally stretched and now I'm able to wear this shoe without discomfort. The leather is hard so it's not as comfortable as my leather shoes that are made of a soft leather. But at the same time, I feel like these will last twenty years. They also feel very durable, which is great. So I guess in the end, I don't regret buying these shoes!
on September 5, 2017
I love them I wear a half size later in the deserts so I knew to buy a half size larger. They are soft and the distressed taupe is gorgeous.

I own several pairs of the deserts they don't disappoint.

If you don't own these already what are you waiting for?

Shipping was extremely fast.
review image
on December 20, 2016
They hurt! It's just my second day wearing them and I'm determined to break them in so I hope they'll get softer and more comfortable. My feet are very thin, top to bottom, but there's not enough room in these for a bulky sock - just in case you want thicker ones for winter. The leather is rather stiff and the upper very-back part hits uncomfortably at the back of my ankle. I want them to work. I got them because I love how they look AND Clarks was recommended by my podiatrist (so I sort of expected them to be more comfortable). I'm thinking about taking them to the shoe shop to see what the guy there says about either stretching them or saddle soap, but do I want spend more money to make them work for me? Aaagh.

(Seems early to give a star rating but this is requiring me to, so for now it's midway there.)

If I end up loving them I'll report back because they sure *look* just right! I'm hoping for the best.
on January 14, 2018
I was hesitant in buying this product at first with all the hundreds of reviews I read..

These boots were perfect fit to me, there are several of individuals that tell you to go up a size since it may be a little too tight. No. I got my true size and it worked well. The only problem is I have to squeeze my foot in the shoe and it hurts, but it’s leather and you have to break into them.

Another problem were the soles underneath the shoe. I was expecting for them to be made with better quality, but it is some sort of rubber material that gets dirty easily. These soles looked a bit cheap to me and I can tell that they’ll be worn off without difficulty every time I use these boots.

The quality of the leather is okay, if you were to mark on it, the mark will stay there. I don’t mind this as I like the look of used boots more than if they were to look new. I have the boots in the beeswax color and as I mentioned above I have to squeeze my foot into the shoe everytime I put it on. Once I do this, the ankle section gets creased and it is easily noticeable since the creased section appears lighter than the rest of the shoe.

These boots aren’t as expensive as great quality ones, but they will work for you if you’re on a budget!
VINE VOICEon November 5, 2015
First off, I love Clarks Desert Boots. I have six pairs, in assorted colors (two being the Desert Breeze version) and they are all phenomenal! These Wine Patent Leather are no exception, however they run a bit smaller than my others. I always wear a 6.5 in my Desert Boots, but I had to get a 7 with these, AND these are just a tad narrower, as well. This may be due to the fact that the patent leather is less giving than the suede, but I'm sure after a bit of wearing they'll open up a smidge. Bottom line, I truly could not be happier with my purchase. This color is off the charts and the look is hip and fun! But do consider ordering a 1/2 size up from your norm if you go with the patent leather.
on January 7, 2018
I really love the silhouette of classic Clarks desert boot, but I have issues with the thickness of the sole and boots overall. I use insoles in my pair.
Initial fit is quite snug/tight bit does stretch over wear.
Goes great with skinny pants, has a good casual-classy look.
Overall I expected better quality for the price. This may be attributed to the material (purchased oak wood suede). I will be getting beeswax leather for my next purchase. Difference in material may make a difference.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 3, 2018
These are very low quality boots - don't seem to be the same quality as those purchased directly through the manufacturer. I bought them because a pair bought from the manufacturer were too small and they couldn't ship a half size up in the time-frame needed. I hadn't yet returned the smaller pair so was able to compare packaging, labels and overall shoe quality of this boot with an identical shoe purchased directly from the manufacturer. The differences were obvious.

The small (read: real) pair had richer, thicker suede, real branding stamps and markings, deeper dyeing on gum siding, higher quality seams and came in new and pristine packaging. The boots purchased here had scuffed thin suede that was already showing wear, peeling off stickers in lieu of branding stamps inside the boot, faded dye on the siding, thin/sparse seams and ripped and faded packaging.

The real boots are great. Too bad these seem to be knock-offs.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.