Industrial Deals HPC Magazine Deals Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide $34.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Last Minute Gifts Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon JCVJ JCVJ JCVJ  All-new Echo Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on October 5, 2015
I have had the gray suede desert boots for 1.5 years. I would advise a break-in period as others have suggested. I bought these and immediately wore them for work and walked a few miles in the fist day - I had huge blisters on the bottoms of both feet. After breaking them in they are pretty comfortable, although they do not provide much arch support and I still get sore spots in certain areas if I do a ton of walking in them. The leather stretches, so I wouldn't suggest sizing up.

Pros:
•Great style
•Breathable leather (my feet never smell after wearing these)
•Great color
•Mostly comfortable after breaking in

Cons:
•The crepe soles are (for me) the most disappointing aspect for a few reasons. First, tripping hazard. I was constantly tripping on both carpet and hard surfaces because the tip of the sole/toe would catch. After about a year, I wore down the tip enough so that it isn't a common issue anymore - although I do still, on occasion, have a near mishap. Second, they attract and absorb dirt, oil, crumbs, hair, you name it. It is disgusting. I often will find myself feeling self conscious because I don't want anyone to see the bottom of my shoes. Third, my guess is that if you don't live in a desert - these boots aren't for you. I live in a very wet environment, and it seems like this may have caused the soles to degrade so there is a bit of cracking and I sometimes notice the bottoms of my feet being a bit damp. If they offered a different sole, I would consider buying a new pair.
•The suede does not hold its shape. After about 2 months I noticed that they seemed a bit frumpy looking. After 1.5 years, they look like something cartoon Goofy would wear - shapeless and sort of lumpy. Don't get me wrong, I still wear them often, but my brother makes fun of me and calls them my Peter Pan shoes. I have the feeling that their regular leather would hold up better than the suede.
•Not much support
review image review image review image
44 comments| 72 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 22, 2017
So here’s the deal, kids (boys) shoes don’t always fit right, and men’s shoes start around size 7. I’m a size five, so finding shoes that fit is quite difficult, so I decided to try the women’s since this is basically a unisex shoe. This pair of desert boots when I pulled them out of the box seemed like they’d be too small, especially on the bridge of my foot. After stretching them out with my hands (they’re leather after all) and wearing thicker socks all day, they fit like a dream. These don’t necessarily fit like other shoes, so you should expect them to be more conformed to your foot. Give them a week of six plus hours (in the morning first thing) and the shoe and heel should be fully broken in and these will be one of the most comfortable shoes you’ve ever purchased.
on May 22, 2014
I loved the casual style, colour and the Clarks Brand however, The size 8 was a very tight fit. I think an 8 1/2 or 9 would've been too large. For the first 3 days I wore bulky socks for as long as comfort would allow. Being suede, they stretched and now, wearing regular socks, they fit perfect! I am considering ordering them in Beeswax but will have to order 1/2 size larger as the leather is a lot harder to stretch. Overall, I liked them and would recommend them to friends and family!
on November 5, 2016
I ordered these shoes because of all the great reviews and someone I know loves them. I read and was told that you need to break them in. This is very true! I have worn them a few times just for a few hours to break them in. I love them so far. I am still breaking them in and seem to be struggling with breaking them in in the heel area. The fit is exactly what I expected. I usually wear a 9 and that is what I ordered. The color and texture are as expected. Overall a great shoe! I plan on ordering the leather Desert Boot.
on November 15, 2016
The color is great. It added the right pop of red to my mostly neutral wardrobe, and felt a little more unique than the desert boots in the shades of brown/tan. It took about four wears of walking about a mile each time to break in the shoes. I would recommend carrying a back up pair of shoes with you while breaking these in, because there's going to be a point at which your ankles will hurt from blisters if don't limit your walking to less than half a mile at a time. They aren't waterproof, but a suede protector spray is only a few dollars. So far the fit is as expected, and they've been comfortable to wear once broken in. Buying these through Prime ended up being about $30-$40 cheaper than what I was able to find in store as well as on the Clark's website. I'm happy with my purchase, as it was exactly as I expected a pair of desert boots to be.
on June 3, 2015
I am accustomed to and prefer zero lift shoes. However if you require a lot of arch support and cushioning, it's probably not the style for you. I found them comfortable right out of the box and grown more comfortable as they break-in. The picture on the website for the taupe color is a reddish-brown however the shoe that arrived is taupe. A beautiful color. Fit true to size, a little snug at first but the suede will stretch and give.
VINE VOICEon November 5, 2015
First off, I love Clarks Desert Boots. I have six pairs, in assorted colors (two being the Desert Breeze version) and they are all phenomenal! These Wine Patent Leather are no exception, however they run a bit smaller than my others. I always wear a 6.5 in my Desert Boots, but I had to get a 7 with these, AND these are just a tad narrower, as well. This may be due to the fact that the patent leather is less giving than the suede, but I'm sure after a bit of wearing they'll open up a smidge. Bottom line, I truly could not be happier with my purchase. This color is off the charts and the look is hip and fun! But do consider ordering a 1/2 size up from your norm if you go with the patent leather.
on August 31, 2015
When I first saw these shoes, I was quite impressed by all of the colors and varieties of leather and other materials that were offered in this particular style. I hesitated at first because I have never bought shoes like these. But upon reading all the reviews, I decided to purchase. I am so glad I did as many are sold out! These shoes are truly classic! The color is amazing - I got the peach ones. Size is spot on. They are a bit tight in the top where the laces begin. But after wearing them for a while, as explained by other reviewers, they did stretch out. The leather is supple and soft, yet strong where needed. The construction is perfect. Couldn't ask for a better made shoe. I expect to have these shoes for a long time. Buy these shoes and see for yourself!
on March 1, 2017
i LOVE LOVE LOVE these little boots! the color, the look; they are just perfect! the leather is hard, so you have to break them in little by little, my they are the "it" perfect in every way! I would highly recommend them. i have this style in about five colors, and this one is my favorite now.
on March 18, 2014
I love these boots, and wear them daily. Just an fyi though, in case you're like me and think this picture is showing/you are ordering a light brown boot - they are grey: straight grey, no brownish-grey or greyish-brown about it. I kept them, and the only drawback is the ring around the top of the boot where my denim (regular levi's, nothing fancy) has stained the suede... I belatedly read online how to work around/fix this issue w/ painters tape on the inside of the hem, so it's possible to avoid my same predicament.
11 comment| 21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.