Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Clarks Women's Mullin Spice Harness Boot, Tan Leather, 7.5 M US
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Gemini Syndrome Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Shop Now STEM

Size: 7.5 B(M) US|Color: Tan Leather|Change

on November 16, 2012
I finally found my boot. After trying on at least 12 different styles, buying a returning a few, including other Clarks boots, this is the winner. I wanted something with a low heel that still looks classy, could be dressed up or down, but was cozy and comfortable. It has a nice fitted feel, especially around the ankle where a lot of boots are looser. I also have fairly skinny calves, and many otherwise wonderful boots have too large a gap at the top. The footbed could have more arch support, but I'm comparing it to my Dansko work shoes and Ahnu hiking shoes, which is inherently unfair. I bought this in tan (really a brown) and the color is warm and rich. The leather is soft, the buckles add a nice touch but are not too clunky, and make the top of the boot wonderfully adjustable. The upper part of the boot is so soft that there is none of that creasing and pinching at the front of your ankle as with some boots. I usually wear a 7.5-8, and initially bought these in an 8, but exchanged them for an 8.5. My only criticism of Clarks is that their sizes are so inconsistent. Depending on the shoe, I wear a 7.5-8.5 in this brand. This is my 4th pair of Clarks.
33 comments| 104 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 6, 2012
I have been looking for a pair of riding boots, with a buckle detail, for some time. These are extremely comfortable. I did go up a half size. I usually wear an 8.5 so I ordered a 9, figuring that I would like to wear socks with them. The buckles are adjustable and make it very easy to get a great fit on your calves. They look great with either jeans or dresses. Recently wore them with a sweater dress and my husband loved the look.
on October 20, 2014
For all the people that complain about having a big calf, the struggle to find a boot for a very small calf is a million times harder and way more expensive. If you are like me, you know having skinny calves is NOT a blessing in the boot department, its a nightmare. I have a size 8 foot and barely a 13 inch calf, this sucks when about 99.9% of all boots made are a 15-16' circumference for a size 8. I found this boot on a blog about skinny calves and read it was well liked by nearly everyone that tried it with twig legs. I decided to give these a try as I have nearly worn out my Ciao Bellas from. My first impression of these boots is they are gorgeous things, I'm in love with the color and darkening of the leather in the toe area, they truly do look like the picture. The inside appears to have a wool blend material which is very nice and adds a touch of quality to the boot. The downside is these still do not fit my calf the way I hoped, but they do not look like they are engulfing my leg like most boots...So I decided I will keep them and wear legwarmers. On the tightest adjustment I can still fit my entire hand inside the boot, and my back heel starts the slip when I walk. I'm going to invest in some rubber heel grippers and see if this fixes the issue. Also, these boots are not very comfortable; they have no cushion what so ever. I purchased heel inserts and it appears to have fixed the comfort problem. An added comment- they are true to fit boots but run a little narrow, my right foot is normal and my left foot is slightly wider. This causes some scrunching in my toes for the left boot, but I know they will stretch out with time. Overall they are great boots, well made, high quality, and doable for skinny legs. I'm disappointed in the comfort being that these are Clarks and they also retail for over 300 dollars at Macy's.
on January 14, 2015
Its been a while since I wrote a review but I am just so happy with these boots that I had to. After buying and returning at least 10 pairs of boots I finally settled on these boots. I bought the tan which is a lively cognac color. I usually wear a 7.5 in Clarks but it was too tight so I went with 8 which gives me just enough room to wear thicker socks and is comfy with regular socks. I love the buckles on the calves. I can adjust the fit depending on what I am wearing them over, jeans/jeggings/tights etc.

These are technically riding boots but they're not as chunky as some of the others I've seen. I can easily wear them with dressier clothes.

Super comfortable too. Love love love!
review image
on December 19, 2014
Clarks is garantee of confort, so this boots are the greatest in that field, it feels like I can walk all day with them, and I'm a VERY exigent person in shoes, In other side I have REAL skinny calves, so I've tried a hundred pairs of boots, some in local stores and some ordered by amazon and returned, and all BIG, this ones I'm not going to lie, If I try them with out adjust the buckles they have enourmous calves for me, but after sdjust them, they fit... not fitted to my leg at all, but I can use them without looking ridiculous, and with fitted jeans inside the boot they look nice, at first I think of sending them back because I think they would be narrow, but when I walk I feel the clarks heaven and change my mind. I followed the advice of the reviews even than hesitate because Im 8 always and have very skinny feet, but I ordered 8.5 and they fit great, I can use thick socks. So this is my experience and hope to be usefulll the way the past revews were gore me. good luck!
review image review image
on January 25, 2013
I've been looking for a comfortable,stylish flat/low heel and these boots are great! The leather is quality and really soft. The buckles on the side are adjustable so that is helpful when wearing tights vs. jeans. They were really comfortable to wear right from the beginning, no real breaking in required.
on October 6, 2013
I am a size 00 and have very skinny legs. My calves are a whopping 11 inch circumference.

The only boots that ever fit my calves were the Ugg shearling boots. But now that I'm out of school, it's not appropriate to show up to work wearing Uggs, is it? I was about to surrender myself to a lifetime of cobbler services since I thought the only way boots ever fit me correctly is after I take them to the cobbler to adjust the calves.

But then I saw these boots with the adjustable buckles and it seemed promising. These boots do not fit as well as cobbler-modified boots but they are wearable for me (not ridiculously large). At the tightest notch, it measures 14 inch circumference, so there's still a gap with jeans, but I'm okay with a small gap. I wear a size 7.5 shoes and ordered 7.5 and 8. 8 fit perfectly with socks.

I deducted 1 star for the price. At MSRP of $299, the leather and quality is nowhere near as good as my Coach boots for the same price.

Update: These fit the calves after I wear legwarmers (folded over once)! By the way, the ankles are quite tight, even on skinny calves, so its a very nice look.
on October 21, 2015
I waited for these boots to go on sale for months, literally checking my wish list every day. Finally got them at more than half off, and they were worth the wait. They are so soft and supple; the leather is thin (it would have to be to be so pliable), but there is a nice cloth/wool-like lining. I have a tiny size 12 calf; with the buckles on the tightest setting, this fits my calf very well - it is not so fitted that it is skin-tight/no room at all, but with leggings or skinny jeans, it fills out nicely and looks great. Because the leather is so soft, when they are buckled tightly the inner leather folds neatly against your leg - no bulging. They are beautiful.

At first I thought they were too shiny, and when I first put them on they did indeed look like rain boots as another reviewer said because from the front they were like a totally smooth ski slope. But after wearing them for a day, the ankle began to conform to my foot, and looked more fitted. The sole of the shoe prevents slipping. I put heel inserts in (because I put them in all my shoes) and they fit perfectly. SO easy to walk in, and so comfortable. I can wear them all day with no problems - and yes, right out of the box; there is no "breaking in" period. I have a LOT of boots, and these are easily the most comfortable ones I own. They will easily go with jeans and a t-shirt, or a dressier look. Very classy.

Two concerns however - these are definitely not waterproof boots, and they scuff VERY easily. You will need to take extra care when wearing these; after wearing them in mild weather I can already tell it would be a terrible idea to wear them in rain or snow. Additionally, with the buckles on the tightest setting, they stick out far enough that they catch on things and bend backwards. I have tried to be careful to smooth them back against the boot, but I know that the more I wear these boots, the more the ends of the buckle flaps will stick out. It's too bad, but it's a technicality that cannot be helped if you need them to be buckled tightly. It also means that it will probably be impossible to wear these under a long skirt.

Be aware that the dark color on the toe on the boot seems to be a type of stain/wash that is lightly brushed over the entire boot (you can barrrrely tell if you look closely), just more concentrated at the toe (at first I thought one of the boots were discolored/spotted on the back by the seam, but realized it was just a little mottled from the stain, and that probably every one of these boots are slightly different depending on how the leather accepts the stain in different places.) I haven't tried to waterproof these boots, and I'm not sure if I will, because it seems that the stain might rub off - it definitely scuffs off as soon as you stub your toe on anything. You'll need to be extra precious with them.

All in all though, five enthusiastic thumbs up. It's no accident that these boots are so highly rated. I'll come back and post pictures as soon as I get the chance.
on September 21, 2012
I know these boots are a little pricey but they're totally worth it. They're super cute and really comfortable. I can wear them with jeans or a dress. I was a little afraid to get them online because I'm 5'2 and I thought they might be too tall, but they fit perfectly. Clark's are awesome. I have Clark's boots from three years ago and I still wear them. I hope I'll have these boots for a long time.
on September 5, 2014
I am 5'9' and thin and have never been able to find low heeled boots to fit my small calves until these boots. I read all the reviews and had my doubts but decided to purchase both the black and brown while they were half price figuring I would be returning them like all the others I have tried because they would be too loose on my calves. Well I am happy to say I love these, the buckles are adjustable and on the smallest hole they fit my calves perfectly. I am keeping both pairs. They have a nice look can be dressed up or down. The leather is soft and the colors are great. Because I am 5'9' I knew they wouldn't be to my knees they fall about 3 inches under but still look good! I have finally found the perfect boot after years of searching and trying on countless pairs. If you have smaller calves I recommend that you try these you won't be disappointed. I also ordered my regular size and they fit perfect. I have medium width feet.