Truck Reviews HPC Spring Reading Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now STL18_GNO

on July 23, 2015
It felt risky placing the order for this frame. I mean, you're always going to nervous buying any piece of furniture sight-unseen, but it seems especially risky for something you also need to construct. I was also a bit off-put that the only reviews were from "Amazon Vine" members...I'm sure they can be objective, bit it was worrisome to not see any other review.

I'm glad I took the risk

We have a very heavy mattress - it's one of those 14 inch form mattresses from Costco that clocks in at over 150lb. I'm 250, my wife is about 130, and my dog is 40. Basically what I'm trying to say is that there's an awful lot of weight for this poor frame to support on a given night, and so far it's been up to the task. No noises whatsoever! It *feels* very firm, very solid. The king size comes with two support beams with two middle legs to support the four outer legs. The wood is good quality and there were no defects

The wooden "slats" are interesting - I wasn't sure what to expect from "bowed" slats, but honestly I don't feel any difference. They seem equally solid and they are spaced together perfectly for a foam mattress - I believe there's about 2 - 2.5 inches between the slats.

Construction was shockingly easy. When we emptied the box it felt very intimidating as there are a lot of parts. However, after making piles and reading the directions (which reminded me a lot of IKEA - in a good way!) it became pretty clear. It took about 45min overall. We were armed with a screwdriver and a drill and it made it very easy. I don't foresee ever needing to disassemble it but honestly I don't think it would be very hard either.

There are some downsides. Though it feels solid, it does seem to rock a little more than I'd expect when moving on the mattress. Like I said, there's no noise, but you're definitely aware of the fact that you're elevated off the ground

It also makes our setup just a *bit* too tall for our dog to jump up easily. This is obviously unique to us and our mattress, but I'd say if your mattress is 12+ inches thick then you may want to think about your pets or shorter members of your family. This is definitely the one downside about not splitting up the boxframe/frame because there's really nothing we can do to adjust the height short of changing mattresses

In the end, for ~$225 you're getting a sturdy frame that's easy to construct. You really can't go wrong.
4 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on July 18, 2015
I wrote a separate review about the poor packaging that left me short of 1 very needed Hex nut. Found a replacement at a lumberyard for 27 cents ! Many reviews said the same - crappy packaging - but good foundation so I took a chance and am glad I did !
Putting it together was easy and straight forward and is an excellent design. It is of much better quality than the foundation we purchased with our Bed in a Box Queen Pac Bamboo mattress 4 years ago. We loved (still love !) our Bed in a Box mattress but the foundation allowed motion transfer.
This foundation is sturdy ( the 'wood' is real wood ) but slides easily on our carpet . There is enough room underneath, due to the upward curve of the slats, to store my winter blankets which are in breathable plastic zip bags. I am not fond of bed skirts so I really like the foundation cover and the chrome legs look nice.
The cover was a little tricky to install and really takes two people to make it easier . I would suggest centering each cover corner on it's respective foundation corner but DO NOT pull any of them tight at first; once you have each corner centered and pulled part way down, pull each again part way down ; then secure one corner to the velcro and head to the diagonal corner to secure the next corner to the velcro; working diagonally, repeat on remaining corners - the last one will be tight but there is a lot of play in the quilted material.
2 people found this helpful
on February 24, 2016
UPDATE: the middle beam to this bed bent beyond repair about 6 months into use. (I'm 118 lbs.) IF THIS EVER COMES BACK IN STOCK, DO NOT BUY THIS. If zero stars were possible, that is what I would give.....original: I bought this bed because it was simple, I prefer slat foundations, and I hoped that this bed would sufficiently meet my needs. Not a single night goes by without a slat slipping out of place. Not a night goes by without waking up in the middle of the night because a slat is out of place. This bed did not include the sufficient number of slats for the foundation, it also didn't include any directions.

Of all the purchases I've made on Amazon, this is absolutely the worst one and I regret it every single damn night. Avoid at all costs.
One person found this helpful
on August 30, 2015
Great base for a bed! I absolutely love this base; the wood is durable and stable once the bed is constructed. The risers to make it platform are a good height and leave ample room under the bed to store items. It was relatively easy to build, although the directions were a bit difficult to comprehend. The quilted velcro slip is a little challenging to put on however and required quite a lot of stretching the fabric (almost to the point of ripping) to put it on the bed. It is relatively light weight (compared to other bed bases) and is easy to move around.
Top Contributor: Sewingon November 30, 2015
Easy to assemble and looks great. I wish the legs had some sort of non skid grips on the bottoms though, on my laminate floors it slides very easily.
on May 30, 2016
Bought this on June 2015. It's May 2016 and the middle beam is so bent it's not usable anymore. I expected this to last longer!
on July 21, 2015
Wonderful product... Great material and easy to assemble. Excellent value!
2 people found this helpful
on December 27, 2016
Sturdy, well-made boxspring/bed frame unit. We have been looking to eliminate a bedframe, and this combination is perfect. This is a high-quality construction.
on August 8, 2015
Great platform. It looks like a nice box spring. Sturdy and tall. Assembly is annoying, because there are a lot of pieces, but not difficult.
on October 6, 2015
Great bed frame for my new latex bed. Took some time to assemble but was not too difficult to do. I managed to do it by myself, just make sure to budget a few hours to get it done.