Classic Drum Solos & Drum Battles Volume 2 DVD
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Fifteen thunderous, drum solos from legends like Buddy Rich, Lionel Hampton, Gene Krupa, Papa Jo Jones, Art Blakey, Shelly Manne, Sonny Payne, Sam Woodyard, Rufus Speedy Jones, and others, spanning the years 1947 to 1989, many never before released on home video or DVD. Bonus clips include Bobby Troups history of the jazz drum set from 1958 and a great segment featuring the Gene Krupa Jazz Trio impersonating Russian musicians from 1946!
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top Customer Reviews
There are the standard Krupa and Rich clips, sure to delight their fans (and what drummer isn't?), as well as a few interesting sequences performed by Sam Woodyard (very talented and unique), and Rufus Speedy Jones among others.
I personally liked the first volume (ASIN B00005RDSJ) more, but still enjoyed this one and learned a lot from it. Any drummer, regardless of musical genre, should visit the roots of American jazz drumming, which influences how we all play today, regardless of whether we play jazz, rock, country or other styles. You'll discover that some of your own grooves and techniques were being played by these early masters of jazz drumming. You'll also pick up a few tircks and tips in the process.
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- CDs & Vinyl > Jazz
- CDs & Vinyl > New Age > Instrumental
- Movies & TV > Educational
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Music Videos & Concerts
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Special Interests
- Movies & TV > Independently Distributed > Music Video & Concerts
- Movies & TV > Independently Distributed > Special Interests
- Movies & TV > Musicals & Performing Arts > Independently Distributed
- Movies & TV > TV