Amazon Vehicles Beauty Trade in your textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning whiteprincess whiteprincess whiteprincess  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Shop Now Ellen

Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 208 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 322 reviews
on February 18, 2016
Goosebumps book were a big part of my childhood. I'd come home from school with a new book from the library, read the whole thing and would wait impatiently to get a different one the next day. Now my 7 year old loves Goosebumps and has started reading the books. She loves Slappy especially. We've been sitting down to read this one together. She'll read a couple pages out loud, then I will. She is already looking forward to reading the next one. It's great that she can enjoy something that I also did when I was growing up.
on August 10, 2016
My 7 1/2 year old son wanted me to read something scary. I am a huge horror fan, so I couldn't read him my books (Stephen King and Anne Rice are bit too scary for his impressionable mind, I didn't want him to have nightmares). This was his first Goosebumps book and he enjoyed every moment, even the scary ones were a thrill for him. We've finished the 2nd one, "The Haunted Car' and now we're waiting on the third he chose, a story about a dog.
on March 22, 2016
When I was a pre-teen, I fell in love with R.L. Stine and his Fear Street books. I was a little too old when his Goosebump series finally came out, but figured that it would be great for the younger audience. I kept this in mind when I had two little girls, and was really hoping that at least one of them would be interested in this great author.
Low and behold, after the Goosebumps movie came out, one of my daughters wanted to read the book after I explained that the movie was based off his books.
We read the first one together and plan on reading all of them, in order. My daughter is only 6 but is mature enough to handle any of the "scariness" she comes across. I recommend that parents read it with their kids to see if they would be able to handle some of the things discussed (nothing like Fear Street novels). Some kids may not be into (mild) horror and may get scared, so proceed with caution if under 8 (as recommended).
on July 11, 2016
We bought this for our seven year old son, hes not a huge fan of reading just yet but we are trying to help that along. He really enjoyed this book and is really looking forward to the next one in the series.
on January 23, 2016
When I was about 11 years old I picked out this book to read. I could not put it down!!! Such a thrilling tale about a dummy who will make your heart pound and scare you out of your seat. I recently bought this book for my son's kindle and he read it in a day. The new movie really made me miss that ole Slappy character from my youth.
on July 31, 2016
I thought the book was good. I have six year-old twin girls. One girl loved the book, the book scared the other twin and gave her nightmares. I recommend getting the audible to accompany this book for small children. My girls were able to listen to the book, while simultaneously following along on my kindle.
on March 14, 2017
Good Preteen Book
on April 9, 2017
its a classic
on February 20, 2016
Classic r.l. Stine I love the books and now my kids do also. Can't beat these books. Fun for the whole family.
on February 23, 2016
We read every night before bed and my seven year old loves this book! It's also a good book for parents as well!