- Create your FREE Amazon Business account to save up to 10% with Business-only prices and free shipping.
Kreepy Krauly Classic Suction-Side Inground Swimming Pool Cleaner Model K70400
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Kreepy Krauly Classic inground automatic pool suction-side cleaner for concrete and gunite pools
- Dive float directional system assures optimum cleaning performance from the water line to the pool bottom
- Automatic valve regulates water flow to set the ideal travel speed for more thorough cleaning
- Original one moving part design for years of dependable service no wheels or gears to replace
- Measures 41-3/4-inch length by 7-inch height by 17-1/4-inch width
There is a newer model of this item:
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
This Kreepy Krauly Classic inground pool cleaner is simply the most popular suction-side cleaner It features turbo action swivel design and regulator valve for maximum cleaning power, dive float directional system assures optimum cleaning performance from the water line to the pool bottom. Automatic valve regulates water flow to set the ideal travel speed for more thorough cleaning. Original one moving part design for years of dependable service no wheels or gears to replace. Large intake throat assures removal of large and small debris. Measures 41-3/4-inch length by 7-inch height by 17-1/4-inch width.
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I finally gave up and bought the Kreepy Krauly, while not expecting much for only a couple hundred bucks! Boy was I wrong! For the first time ever, my pool is almost always in pristine condition. The reason is because unlike the dolphin or aquabot, this is on a timer and turns on whenever your filter is on, (which is at least a couple hours/day).
Even my wife commented on how clear and clean our pool has been. I highly recommend the Hayward W530 large capacity leaf canister to attach to this, so that all the dirt does not get filled up into the main pool filter.
I have only had this for about 3 months, so cannot comment on the longevity.
The only cons is that installation seems complicated. I had to go youtube and watch how to install. The how to install pics in the manual was not very clear, or at least to me, it wasn't clear.
Easy to install, had it up and running inside of an hour.
Two very important tidbits:
1. Mine runs off of my skimmer, so in order to clean the bottom of the pool and skim the top I find my self running the Kreepy Krauly half of the week, and detaching it to run the skimmer the other half. A little annoying, but by no means a deal breaker.
2. I also run my KK with the skimmer basket in place... If you choose to go this route, DO NOT buy the VacPlate, locking bar, etc as add-ons - (I did this) and come to find out there was a $10 coupon in the box for the full kit... If I had known that it would have saved me $50.
Additionally it's so weird looking it has become a fun point of conversation when company comes over. :)
Tips if you have already been suckered into buying this: 1) Pentair will send you a 3rd hose weight if you ask them nicely. The instructions say you may need 3-4 but it only comes with 2 and Pentair will only send you a 3rd (for free) but not 4th. 2) the end hose will stick out of the skimmer unless you purchase the device that covers the skim plate ($10 when you send off the rebate that comes in the box, takes about 3 weeks) 3) I have not found a way for the skimmer to work at the same time as the vaccuum so you will constantly have to unplug the hose to skim the pool
If you can afford a good robotic vaccuum, I would recommend that and save yourself the hassle. Wish I could return this but I didn't get the skimmer piece until after the 30 days and thought that would fix everything.
A pool maintenance person recommended the Sand Shark In Ground Pool Cleaner. The sand shark did not cover the flat area of the pool, and got stuck on the walls. My family joked that it ran away from dirt!
We returned the Sand Shark and bought another Kreepy Crauly. What a great, simple device!
- It is easy to set-up
- It is quiet
- it cleans the entire floor of the pool
- it scales the walls without problem
- it doesn't get stuck on steps
- best of all, the pool is sparkling again!
And from our prior experience, I expect it to last with little maintenance.