Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Listen for a chance to win STEM Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

Customer reviews

on June 11, 2012
Anyone who has ever watched soap operas will appreciate this. It is mostly soap operas from CBS. Most interesting to me was As The World Turns from 1961 with Lisa pregnant with her first child.I love Eileen Fulton ! Valiant Lady from 1953 had Helen Wagner.She portrayed Nancy Hughes over 50 years on As The World Turns.As The World Turns from 1960 featured Frances Reid who portrayed Alice Horton for over 40 years on Days Of Our Lives. One rare show Love Is A Many Splendored Thing from 1967 feratured Leslie Charleson who still plays Monica Quartermain on General Hospital. Early episodes of The Guiding Light in 1953 feature the Bauer family. Valiant Lady from 1953 feature Andrew Duggan, and in a rare acting role the author of A Chorus Line and PS Your Cat Is Dead, James Kirkwood as Mickey Emerson. Don Knotts is in a 1953 episode of Search For Tomorrow. A special Search For Tomorrow episode to me was the 1962 one feraturing Barbara Baxley. And so good to see episodes of Love Of Life, The Edge Of Night, and The Secret Storm. Such a wonderful collection.
33 helpful votes
34 helpful votes
on December 19, 2012
This is a “must have” for any seasoned soap fan! I grew up watching soaps so this 6 DVD set was a real treat! There were a few soaps I had never heard of, but the basic ones like Edge of Night, Guiding Light, Love is a Many Splendored Thing, Love of Life, Search for Tomorrow & Secret Storm were wonderful to see again! An added bonus: the original commercials (most notably a Libby’s commercial with Mclean Stevenson) and a very young Don Knotts on SFT? Who knew??? Just hearing the theme songs in the opening introductions brought back memories! I wish my Mom was still around so that we could watch this together! Through the years I’ve watched a lot of soaps (Dark Shadows was a favorite) but have stuck with the CBS soaps and remember when Search for Tomorrow and Guiding Life were both 15-minutes long. I don’t think a lot of people quite understand the soap phenomena and the extremely loyal fans they have created. I’ve watched the same soaps for decades; whenever I was at work I still kept track of what was going on (pre-VCR and Soap Net). A few times I’d be discussing plot lines on the phone with my Mom and someone in the room would think I was talking about a real person! I was very sad when they took Guiding Light and As the World Turns off the air. I just hope they leave Young & Restless and The Bold & Beautiful alone! These DVDs were worth every penny!
23 helpful votes
24 helpful votes
on October 25, 2013
I ordered the Classic TV Soaps DVD set on October 18th. I thought it would be about two weeks before the product arrived. It came within 6 days. I am so happy it came sooner than expected.

I was just like a little child as I opened to view it. I have to say, the quality was actually pretty good. I saw Peggy McKay, who plays Mrs. Brady on, "Days of Our Lives". I may be wrong, but I thought I also saw a young Mary Fickett, who played Ruth Martin on, "All My Children". I haven't seen Don Knotts yet, (per one of the reviews, he is in one of the episodes), because I haven't watched all the episodes, but I look forward to seeing him.

While watching these wonderful episodes, I found myself wanting to see more. I have watched some of these soaps, such as, Edge of Night and Search for Tomorrow but that was in the 70s so it was great to see very early episodes of them. It would be nice if a DVD set were out there for soaps that came out later than 1963 that are no longer around.
12 helpful votes
13 helpful votes
on November 10, 2015
I love old soaps and these are pretty cool! You get the original commericals, too and some of them are quite silly for today's time. I was named after a soap character, so I was hoping I'd get this soap to see my character name sake. The sound and screen quality is not great but the price isn't too high and you will love them.
4 helpful votes
5 helpful votes
on March 22, 2014
It was fun to see episodes from long ago. I wish they had done more of Edge of Night and less of Secret Storm since our CBS station never carried the show during its twenty-year run. Hope there will be more Classic TV Soaps in the future.
6 helpful votes
7 helpful votes
on October 23, 2015
Loved this--especially the commercials. Wonderful to watch.
on December 28, 2013
This is a top of the line dvd set!! I would recommend this to anyone. I hope that more sets come out like this one! Great job!
4 helpful votes
on September 21, 2016
good
1 helpful vote
on May 2, 2014
Thanks. It's really nice, but some of the episodes were before my time, though. However, nonetheless, I found them enjoyable.
1 helpful vote
on December 26, 2014
I remember this music from my childhood , mom watched it daily.