Classical Baby 3-Pack - Music, Art & Dance
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Includes: Dance, Music, Art
- Guide for Parents
- Enhanced viewing option with pop-up notes about the pieces
- Index of artists and their masterpieces
Top Customer Reviews
We like the dance and music shows best. The art show puts animated characters into classical art, but often you don't look at the actual art very much. For example, there are cute creatures in a tree, but then Van Gogh's Starry Night is flashed on the screen at the very end. There are animated frogs that jump around in Monet's lilypad picture, but you mostly see the frogs, not the art. That said, I realize this is for babies, not an intensive intro to art. I think the kids will recognize the pictures later as ones they've seen before. The animations are cute, but not too cheesy as another reviewer thought. Plus all of the dvds have good music (mostly classical) for each scene.
The kids go around the house humming classical music. So if that's a bad thing, don't get these dvds. Frankly, I think you could do a lot worse as far as kid's dvds go!
My one complaint is that the baby voice they have to announce each selection is often hard to understand. My 2 year old repeats each one, but she usually says it wrong because the baby/toddler doesn't pronounce it very well.
1.The music is the real deal, not a "baby" version. In addition to a ton of classical music, there's also Duke Ellington, Count Basie, Mambo, etc.
2. The animation is really cool! My husband is an artisit & he loves Classical Baby - he refuses to put on Baby Einstein when he's home.
3. It's WAY cheaper! I spent $20 dollars for THREE videos instead of $45-60 for three Baby Einstein.
4. Besides music, it also has famous art & dance
5. It's a lot more interesting for parents!
Just my little plug. I stopped buying any more Baby Mozart, Baby Bach or Baby Beethoven & now give Classical Baby to my pregnant friends!
Although, when it's time to start teaching words & other ideas, I guess I'll have to go back to Baby Einstein - unless HBO comes up with some more in the series!
I was one of those parents who was dead- set against their baby watching television but when you become a parent any distraction that can give you some kind of break is VERY NECESSARY. With HBO's classical baby, I have the guilty pleasure of entertaining my infant with slow moving, brightly colored images which is great for her eye development without the worry of seizures while exposing her to the arts at the same time. And it doesn't hurt that I can finally get to those dishes now or a take a breather also its great for putting them to sleep too. I...ahem (lol) we love it and anyone who ads this dvd to their collection will too.
SHE LOVES IT! She gets so excited now that she kicks and squeals as soon as the baby crawls across the stage. I actually just came on line to see if HBO had released the DVD's so that I could order them for future baby showers.
We have tried many other DVD baby programs, but these are the ones that she absolutely loves. I am not claiming that she is learning art or music from them, but I know she watches intently and calms down immediately.
* The music is played by an actual orchestra, not by a computer like similar products. This makes the video a really listening pleasure, even for adults.
* Music selection is wide, not just classical music, many contemporary and world music pieces are present, even jazz and mambo. The kind of music that will make your child smarter.
* The animations are so beautifull that I don't mind my baby watching it over and over. The replay value of this video set is huge.
* When my baby don't want to eat, I put any of these videos and problem solved, by baby eats anything I put in his mouth, even adult food.
* When my baby don't want to sleep, I put these videos and he get relaxed, and it is easier to take him to bed.
* The animations are based on real life art pieces, so you are giving a lot of culture to the baby. When I took my baby to a real museum, he felt as in home.
* Dance scenes are a pure work of art, they touches my soul every time, incredible choreography.
* It does not matter the language (english only), this is all about music.
* I played this video to my newborn since he was 3 month old, and now he is 16 month old and still his favorite. I also played this video to nephews and neices between two and eight years old, and all of them were glued to the tv.
* This production is unique. All competition looks similar when compared to each other, but HBO Classical Baby looks really different from other baby videos available.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
A wonderful series for Babies and their families. The art work is charming, the overall production of each subject a pleasure.Published 3 months ago by Joyce R.
I love this more than my daughter and she watched it over and over.Published 7 months ago by Rosa Lopez
I bought this for my nephew and he watches it all the time. It's also pleasant to have on in the background if you're a parent.Published 11 months ago by Oddish
Our daughter loves this DVD series. It had a wide variety of music, art, and dancing. She watches them almost every day and dances along. They are bright and colorful. Read morePublished 12 months ago by A Jones Reviews