- Hardcover: 828 pages
- Publisher: Oxford University Press; 1 edition (December 6, 2001)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0198162146
- ISBN-13: 978-0198162148
- Product Dimensions: 9.4 x 2.2 x 6.4 inches
- Shipping Weight: 3 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 5.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (1 customer review)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #4,837,344 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
The Classics of Music: Talks, Essays, and Other Writings Previously Uncollected 1st Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
"In an age in which writings on music are generally discussed under the rubric 'research activity', it is both refreshing and heart-warming to have The Classics of Music on my desk: a work that has evidently been a labour of love at every step of its creation, from the writing of its constituent texts in the first part of the twentieth century, to their preservation by archivists at Edinburgh University after the author's death in 1940, to its preparation in book form by two generations of scholars."--Music and Letters
About the Author
Donald Francis Tovey was Reid Professor of Music at the University of Edinburgh from 1914 until his death in 1940
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?