- Paperback: 256 pages
- Publisher: Pearson; 8 edition (February 29, 2008)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0205578608
- ISBN-13: 978-0205578603
- Product Dimensions: 6.9 x 0.7 x 9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 12 ounces
- Average Customer Review: 52 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #289,354 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Classroom Management for Middle and High School Teachers (8th Edition) 8th Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
There is a newer edition of this item:
"Enlightenment Now: The Case for Reason, Science, Humanism, and Progress"
Is the world really falling apart? Is the ideal of progress obsolete? Cognitive scientist and public intellectual Steven Pinker urges us to step back from the gory headlines and prophecies of doom, and instead, follow the data: In seventy-five jaw-dropping graphs, Pinker shows that life, health, prosperity, safety, peace, knowledge, and happiness are on the rise. Learn more
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
From the Back Cover
Classroom Management for Middle and High School Teachers, 8/e
Classroom Management for Middle and High School Teachers, Eighth Edition, gives teachers the information and skills they need to establish management systems in today's rich, multicultural classroom, based on the authors' many years of research and experience in more than 500 classrooms.
New to this edition:
- Introductory section providing a brief account of the authors’ and others’ classroom research studies supporting the book’s management recommendations for new teachers.
- Chapters 1-3 contain updated questions, activities, and current references that help new teachers consider their management decisions and integrate them with their own philosophies of teaching and learning.
- Chapter 4 includes expanded coverage of parental involvement, including examples of home-school communication, new references, and example letters.
- Chapter 9 has expanded coverage on bullying, power struggles, defiance, and school violence that teachers often face. Includes new strategies for use.
- Chapter 10, “Managing Special Groups,” has updated-coverage of Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) with new web sites and references addressing how to include special needs and diverse populations in the classroom.
- Updated references including numerous chapters from the new Handbook of Classroom Management (Evertson/Weinstein, 2006).
- Provides more than 30 web sites with new interactive problem-solving activities and practical suggestions from practicing teachers.
What your colleagues say about this book:
“This is the best that is out there in the market. The authors are obviously familiar with secondary management issues and their knowledge comes through loud and clear.”
-- Gail Gregg, Florida International University
“This is an excellent book for any methods and management education class!”
— Carole D. Errett, Schreiner University
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The book does start out slow for a few chapters and some of the writing is monotonous but overall I learned some things that were not in FJ's book. It took my learning to the basics and then hit on the technical with specifics but didn't seem to be too time consuming. If you give this book a chance I'm sure you will find extremely useful knowledge in order to pass any teacher certification test and also some tips for the classroom for when you do teach. I will definitely give the book another read before I start teaching again (moved out of state- hence had to get another certification) to brush up on my teaching abilities for the classroom.
Most recent customer reviews