- Paperback: 176 pages
- Publisher: W. W. Norton & Company (September 8, 2009)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0393337154
- ISBN-13: 978-0393337150
- Product Dimensions: 5.4 x 0.5 x 8 inches
- Shipping Weight: 3.2 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 36 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #120,950 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Clean, Well-Lighted Sentences: A Guide to Avoiding the Most Common Errors in Grammar and Punctuation
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
“Here’s a book that is entertaining when it needs to be (all the time) and informative when it needs to be (all the time). You get seven clean, clear chapters of how-to that will help anyone who ever has to write.”
- Rick Kleffel, Bookotron.com
“Janis Bell is the warm, smart English teacher you wish you’d had, and [this] is the grammar book you’ve been waiting for.”
- Samantha Berry, Marin Magazine
About the Author
An English professor and writing consultant since 1973, Janis Bell teaches writing at Golden Gate University in San Francisco, California, where she currently resides.
Browse award-winning titles. See more