Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: CleanDr 60128 00 VHS Video Head Cleaning Kit
Your Garage Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Shop Now

on March 8, 2011
I have several VCR's and they all are very old never cleaned them, but started to see not so clear pictures when I would play back recorded programs so did some research on line and found that the problem could be that the heads needed cleaning so I figured that what do I have to loose cause I was just going to disgard of the units beings I also have the new CD recorders and players. I ordered this Clean Dr. and cleaned all three of my VCR's and now they work like new I am getting alot better play back pictures. Yes I would recommend this product and also Amazon for having for the best price. :>)
on March 8, 2014
The description and picture of the product on Amazon clearly showed a wet/dry head cleaner (solution vial stored in a compartment in the cassette; a small port where you add drops of the solution). I received a dry-only head cleaner: no solution/compartment; no place to add solution. (I know how these work...I've had several in the past...yeah, I'm old...:-)

Searching for the manufacturer's product number (6012800) and the UPC code on the box I received, it appears the manufacturer produces both wet/dry and dry-only head cleaners USING THE SAME PART NUMBER. (!?) With a manufacturer like that, I suspect nobody knows what you are likely to get.

As a dry head cleaner,it worked as expected.

Disappointed with my purchase as it isn't what I wanted, and I could have saved some money if I wanted a dry-only head cleaner.
on October 5, 2012
The product received was not the same as pictured. The liquid was not contained in the cartridge. The tape would not run at normal (play) speed. I had to fast forward in order to get the tape to move.Don't feel the heads were cleaned properly in this manner. I ran it 5 or 6 times.
on February 27, 2014
This is a misrepresentation if you want a WET head cleaning system. The picture still shows (as of the date this review is written) a tape cleaner with a bottle of fluid and in the description it states "Easy cleaning process - just add drops of fluid where indicated, insert into VHS device..." I needed a wet cleaning tape to gently clean the heads on my two VCRs that are over ten years old. So I ordered two based on the picture and the description. I was shipped two DRY tapes which I received yesterday. I cannot use them and did the procedure to return to Amazon. Turns out this product is not eligible for free return. I had to pay for the return postage myself today. I am hoping Amazon gives me a credit for my postage since I did not receive the items I thought I was ordering. Do not trust that you will be one of the lucky ones to get a wet tape cleaner.
on February 6, 2011
I followed the intrsuctions of the manufacturer. After pushing START there was a short noise and then my VCR shut itself off. Now I can't get the cassete out of the VCR, it is just stuck there. Don't buy it!
on September 18, 2013
The directions are unclear as to WHERE you are to put three or four drops of the cleaning solution, there is not a clear access point, I used it twice each time after use the next tape in brought up the message "HEADS NEED CLEANING", buy the $5.00 dry head cleaner it worked perfectly this one is a dud
on January 7, 2014
I didn't get the one as pictured I received a dry cleaning tape. I put in into my working vcr (movies played good I thought the vcr should be cleaned since it had been awhile) it played for the 30 seconds like it said it would then when I tried to play a movie the screen was very jumpy and the movie was also ruined. It caused the movie to have huge snowy lines when played in another vcr. I thought maybe it was just the movie since it hadn't been viewed in a long time so I tried another movie that I wouldn't mind getting messed up in another vcr to be sure it played great it did then I played it in the vcr I used the cleaner with and it also damaged the movie. I did get a refund from the seller, however, I am left with a vcr and 2 movies that are ruined. Do not buy unless you are willing to risk it damaging your vcr.
on February 5, 2014
This is a very basic head cleaner for VCR's. The product on the web page was for a wet cleaner, but I got a 'dry' cleaner, an issue noted by other buyers. Still and all, it seems to have cleaned the heads on three machines. I don't know how many times it can be used, and there was no information with the product to clarify that question.
on January 27, 2014
I ordered a wet video head cleaner instead got a CleanDr dry tape cleaner. Not happy but the tape cleaner works but its not a good idea to use. Can cause more problems than helping. Its why I wanted a CleanDr VHS wet Video head cleaning kit.
on September 2, 2015
This head cleaner is not a very friendly head cleaner. There is no indication that it is doing anything till it gets to the end and you either hear it stop or get an indication on your screen to rewind.

Older versions of the VHS head cleaners would give you some graphics or a message that the head cleaner was cleaning or completed its cleaning.