|Item Weight||132 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||47.5 x 23 x 30 inches|
|Item model number||RTA-3327-DH33|
|Assembled Height||30 inches|
|Assembled Width||48 inches|
|Assembled Length||24 inches|
Clear Glass Computer Desk with Storage
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Heavy-duty engineered wood panels with a moisture resistant PVC laminate veneer
- Scratch-resistant powder-coated steel frame
- Heavy-duty 8 mm tempered safety glass desktop
- CPU platform
- Two accessory shelves
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
My desk arrived one day before Amazon predicted. It did not have any damage and none of the parts were missing. There was even a little bag of spare parts and a cheap screwdriver and wrench, but it is better to use your own. It should be noted that to attach the glass top, you will need a L-shaped screwdriver or one that is shorter than about 3 inches because there is very little clearance between the glass top and the wood surface of the desk below it.
The assembly was fairly straightforward and took me about 3 hours. However, I'd like to point out several issues that may affect the ease of assembly:
(1) Although the instructions work, their order isn't always logical. However, with a little common sense and reading ahead, you can avoid some potential headaches.
(2) Some of the illustrations were small and the orientation of parts was not always obvious, so some trial and error may be needed.
(3) Several parts were not numbered; however, it's not hard to figure out where they belong (just look at the picture of the finished desk).
(4) Many of the holes for the screws and bolts were covered with the wood laminate; however, it was easy to see their indentations and punch through them.
The finished desk is sturdy, functional, and attractive. It has received many compliments from other people! My only complaint is that I can't use the mobile CPU caddy because the back guardrail blocks my Ethernet port (if I move the box forward, it falls off the caddy).
1) The two-level surfaces give the user the option of putting the keyboard on the lower wood surface, or the higher glass. My wife opts for the higher level and it's working fine. This also lets the wood surface serve as a large storage/quick access area for papers or other desk accessories.
2) The separate CPU stand (not shown in the product picture) lets you place the PC off to the side but not directly on the floor. This is more flexible (but does take more floor space) than units with dedicated spaces for the PC.
COULD BE IMPROVED:
1) The bottom drawer is designed to hold hanging files, though the file support rods can be left out. As part of the design, the left and right sides of the drawer have gaps in them -- rather than being solid pieces, each side is two strips of wood, one at top and one at the bottom, with a gap in between.Read more ›
PROS: It's sturdy! It won't shake and instead of that paper composite backing a lot of furniture has now, it uses better material. The drawers can hold a decent amount of weight. The glass top is probably my favorite feature because you can eat and drink at the desk without worrying about ruining the laminate. I thought I would mind having my keyboard under the glass, but I actually prefer it to the pull out shelf on my old desk. Assembly was the easiest out of all the furniture I've put together, only one part was confusing; not a big deal. I had no trouble putting it together with the tools provided in the box. The shipment was a day early and well packed.
CONS: Vertically, there's not a whole lot of leg room under the desk. While it's fine for myself, some people may want more. The back bar on the rolling computer stand sits where my wireless antenna is so I have to have it under it and at an angle, but no problem with reception and it sits fine on the stand this way. If you have a problem with this, I would recommend buying some rubber grip feet to prop the computer up higher.
The pros here far outweigh the cons, so for me this a five star kind of desk and I'm very happy with this purchase.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Nice desk for small spaces. I love the glass top as it adds another dimension to the desk without being too bulky. Works perfectly and easy to assemble. Read morePublished 22 months ago by Ricardo G.
I use this desk with my computer with the keyboard and mouse on the lower work surface under the glass top. Read morePublished on May 30, 2014 by Old Geezer
I like the desk, however, it proved hard to assemble and to date the top drawer is not intact correctly with the other drawer. I did contact customer service to no avail.Published on April 15, 2014 by Lois Foster
The glass and wood basically give you two desk tops to store and spread things out on. The two storage shelves and two drawers are also perfect. Read morePublished on September 23, 2013 by Amazon Customer
I have owned this desk for about 18 months and was previously happy with it. Two weeks ago, the glass desk top completely collapsed, injuring my son and sending glass pieces... Read morePublished on August 17, 2013 by APRIL S.
We joined Prime and were still surprised that they shipped this to AK. Unit was packaged really well and arrived in perfect condition. Read morePublished on June 21, 2013 by Wendy
Two double boxes arrived in perfect condition and in only 3 days. Another professional delivery by UPS. Read morePublished on May 10, 2013 by raul l. calzadilla
This desk was pretty easy to put together. It is a nice size too. The drawers move VERY smoothly and everything was shipped well. Read morePublished on April 1, 2013 by Melody Ng
Great wood desk, heavier than you expect, glass top makes it easy to eat on your desk without crumbs falling on your keyboard. Read morePublished on March 4, 2013 by L.K.