Your Garage Beauty LyingGame STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services powers4premiere powers4premiere powers4premiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-9 of 9 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 11 reviews
Easy going banter from the beginning quickly introduces us to the three main characters: Scott, Mel and Corky.

Scott, a musician, composer and snorkeler, at 25 is also a financial adviser/ investment counselor. Mel, 18, is a painter and has been employed to paint the plants for Corky's book. Corky AKA Walking Woman, is a writer who is also training to be a ethnobotanist.

Scott and Mel have not seen each other for many years since kids so have to get used to the idea of seeing each other as adults. Scott was asked by Mel's mother to keep an eye on her as Richard, her biological father who they thought was dead, is nearby. Scott is the one who gets to break this news to Mel and is surprised when Mel remembers nothing of her past. Mel has always thought of Nick as her father and I love the way Jean tells her that Nick is her real father and Richard, her biological father. There is a difference!

There are letters and emails going back and forth throughout the book and we even get a glimpse into Scott's private journal admitting his feelings for Mel. Mel is also intensely jealous when Corky gives Scott a lot of attention. Although warned to stay away from Richard, in typical teenage fashion she does the exact opposite and ends up spending way more time with Richard than is wise.

This novel does have Christian undertones and Scott's relationship is totally believable in that he is the stable one of the trio. He talks about his earthly father and heavenly father being wily guys. Mel's actions are a little unbelievable. Yes, teenagers can be rebellious and stupid sometimes but she actually puts her life in danger and knows it thinking she can change her biological father and then goes to sleep for the night when things are heating up! When the sheriff gets involved his speech and actions are extremely immature. Quite a fuss made about the 7 year age difference between Scott and Mel. 7 years is not that big of a deal when you get older.

So although this book was an easy read, it was not that believable and not one I would read again or recommend to friends. Not bad, not good, just OK.
on December 31, 2013
Just finished reading Clear Spring, now I'm wishing there were more books in the series. I hate saying goodbye to the people I 've gotten to know from Sacred Spring, Living Spring and Clear Spring. I 've enjoyed watching Elaine and her young brother Scotty from Scared Spring grow and mature and develop their lives. The cast of characters has grown from book to book and the romance and mystery has grown right along with them. These books are not only entertaining but with the research and detail that DiVoran puts into her writing, the reader knows the people and places personally. DiVoran incorporates just the right amount of religion, nature, and action along with romance and mystery. I will miss my friends from the Florida Springs and look forward to what DiVoran has in store for us next.
on February 18, 2014
The characters in the story were likeable, but not necessarily believable. I liked the Christian bent of the story-line, but it too faltered in reality. Can be good light read, even for younger ones.
on February 27, 2014
This book was good, not great. I felt that the main female character was pretty naïve, but she came around. The hero could have been more developed for me. Good for a afternoon read and okay for all ages to read. I'm going to let my teenage daughter read it.
on April 2, 2014
Great characters, easy to read and kept my interest. It makes you more aware of how our ecology is affected by big building
projects in sensitive areas and how we need to be more mindful of these things.
on June 29, 2015
It's good to read stories which include characters with strong faith. Some of the geographical descriptions bothered me. As a Florida resident, I wondered about the drive to get Sunshine.
on March 4, 2014
Clear Spring was able to alleviate my cabin fever on a cold wintry night. I would recommend it for reading on the plane as you wing your way to warm places.
on March 21, 2014
Good story. Enjoyed reading this book.I would recommend it to others. Look forward to reading other books in this series.
on February 17, 2014
I was very pleased with Clear Spring. It was so interesting that I read off and on for one day. I just couldn't put it down.