|Item Weight||0.8 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||6.6 x 3.2 x 0.6 inches|
|Item model number||R3023|
|Manufacturer Part Number||R3023|
XPEL Clear Universal Door Edge Guard (0.38" x 12') Paint Protection Film Kit
|Price:||$18.92 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
I can see the tape on my white car if I take a good look but it's hard to tell. I don't notice it at all anymore.
Tip - when you apply it, stretch it along the door frame - pull on it. The instructions also say to do this but I want to emphasize it. It helps produce a really good seal.
Overall - worth it.
If you can't apply scotch tape without messing it up, don't buy this. This is a great product, but you need to read the directions, follow them, and take your time. If you do it carefully, you'll have a professional-looking install at a low cost. If you're not the patient and handy type, find a friend who is. Buy them a beer, then give them a pair of scissors and a spray bottle. Maybe not in that particular order...
October 2011 Update:
Some folks have commented that this stuff isn't all too durable. I'm starting to agree, but also don't know what else would really replace this product. I've since replaced my original installation, as the "pointy" part on my door edge did wear through all the way. I open my doors very carefully, but i do own a 2-door car (long doors). When i park in your typical California "compact" space, there isn't much room to open the door. I often have to let my door touch the adjacent car. This light use has led to the material wearing through after a few months of use. For this reason, i've knocked my review down to 4/5 stars.
Removing the old product was easy and it came off cleanly. I've since redone both door edges with a new strip of material.Read more ›
1. I have only had this for about a month. Looking very good.
2. This film appears rubberized. It should protect my door and the "other car" door from the occasional dings. This tape is NOT heavy duty for a careless door opening with some force.
3. Watch the video on the Xpel web site for installation tips and take your time. Proper cleaning is essential. The tape only covers about 1/8" inside and outside. It's very inconspicuous and hardly noticeable. I cleaned with the alcohol and it sticks very well. I did it on a warm day. The tape does wrap around curves well; just take your time.
4. The company web site does show a wider tape (.5") if you want that size. But, I could not wrap any more on the inside of the door and I don't need a lot on the outside of the door to protect it from dings.
5. The 12 feet you do get should do 4 doors. If you plan to do more than 2 cars, just buy the larger roll of the .38" tape.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
don't bother...for car door edges this worked great: Full Size 12' Clear U Shape Car Door Edge Guard TrimPublished 1 month ago by jim peck
perfect for car doors blends almost invisibly
recommended over 3m and others by people in the industry