Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Clearance: Stainless High Heat Charcoal Fire Grate..." and save 43% off the $32.88 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Clearance: Stainless High Heat Charcoal Fire Grate Upgrade for Large Big Green Egg Grill
|Sale:||$19.88 & FREE Shipping on orders over $25. Details|
|You Save:||$13.00 (40%)|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Durable stainless steel contruction from 304 grade heavy duty bars.
- More air flow - starts easier and burns hotter with less charcoal.
- Doesn't clog with ash and charcoal and eliminates frequent cleaning need.
- Fastest and easiest way to reach and maintain high or low grill temperature.
- 5 year manufacturers free replacement warranty.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
|Item Dimensions||9 x 0.5 x 9 inches|
|Material Type||Stainless Steel|
|Shipping Weight||1.15 pounds|
HIGH PERFORMANCE FIRE GRATE FOR LARGE BIG GREEN EGG ®
The High-Que stainless steel fire grate upgrade is designed to improve the performance of your Large Big Green Egg. The 9in. diameter wire grid design allows more airflow to the charcoal and will not clog with ash like the many small holes on the original fire grate.
SIZED TO FIT
9in. charcoal grate diameter is an exact replacement for your Large Big Green Egg
ELIMINATES CLOGGING BY ASH
Stop struggling with the ash that builds up on top of the traditional cast iron firegrate which you have to clean between uses.
Your grill will start faster and burn hotter with less charcoal because of the increased airflow of the High-Que fire grate. If you've ever struggled to get your Big Green Egg to pizza baking temperatures, this is the charcoal grate you have been waiting for!
High-Que doesn't cut any corners: this grid is made of heavy duty 304 grade non-magnetic stainless steel and will last years regardless what you put it through. This product is proudly made in the USA.
EASIER TO START YOUR FIRE
You don't need an eggcelerator or a hair dryer to reach high temperatures any more. In fact, now you can start your fire with just a few sheets of balled up newspaper pushed in through the draft door.
WORKS AT HIGH AND LOW TEMPERATURE
High temp cooking is easier now, but yes, it will still work at lower temperatures. Because the grate does not clog up and block air like the traditional grate, you must regulate the temperature by carefully adjusting the draft door and low temperature cooking is as easy as ever.
5 YEAR WARRANTY
This quality product includes a 5 year free-replacement warranty from High-Que against defects in manufacture and failure in use.
Top customer reviews
- If you use a wiggle rod (coat hanger) from under the grate, you don't lose much usable charcoal compare to stirring from above. After starting to use the wiggle rod instead of stiring with hands, ash comes out "clean" of chunks of charcoal.
- If you are worried about over heating the bottom of the grill, always leave a quarter inch of ash on the bottom. Ash is a great insulator. Using an IR thermometer on the outside of the bottom of the grill its about the same temp with stock grate or this grate, as long as some insulating ash is left behind. Shooting inside the draft door, the temp is much hotter (pushing 2000F) under this grate compared to stock grate. The outside stays 300-500 depending how long the grill has been hot.
- Grate makes it possible to use natural briquets as well as lump. Stock grate tends to clog.
Cons: Grate is too large and many, many small pieces of charcoal will fall through. This is not an expense issue for me per se, it is more that the ash pan fills quickly and I ended up having to clean it out far more often.
Going back to the more traditional cast iron ash pan.
I have achieved faster starts by
1) Using 2-3 parafin starters placed in the coals and,
2) Using a small battery powered fan placed in front of the air intake. Ordered one on Amazon, very inexpensive, and the 2 D batteries last a long time.
Most recent customer reviews
lights much quicker and easier to clean ash out. Love it!