Industrial Deals Salon Beauty Best Kids Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon soul2soul soul2soul soul2soul  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

on November 22, 2016
I received vacuum packed chestnuts and not the whole chestnuts in water as pictured here. The vacuum packed chestnuts are cheaper as well so ... not a good deal.
review image
on November 6, 2015
These were satisfactory and worked with the recipe I was making but they were not at all what I expected on opening the can. A great number of the chestnuts had broken into pieces. They were supposed to be water packed but there was a lot of what appeared to be fat which made it look like no water. I assume the fat was from the nuts during the canning process. I would not rely on these for any fancy dish where you want intact chestnuts. In addition the canning process seems to reduce flavor considerably.
on December 4, 2014
Needed these as an ingredient in a dessert. It can in the can soaking in water. When handling it falls apart very easily. It seems a bit expensive for the amount. I will buy fresh chestnuts in the future and boil them myself for far less.
3 helpful votes
VINE VOICEon November 24, 2009
These French chestnuts are the best type to use for baking and as stuffing. They have a very pure flavor and are subtle enough for desserts. I have tried all other types of chestnuts, but these are the best. Italian fresh chestnuts ( which are available fresh in my grocery store) are smaller and have a less sophisticated and subtle flavor. The difference is akin to that between a California Red Zinfandel and an aged, French Bordeaux. If I lived in France, I would use fresh Chestnuts, otherwise- I use only the Clement Faugier brand. ( NOTE: these chestnuts are in water, not sugar syrup. Be careful when you buy canned chestnuts, many come in a syrup which is not at all suitable for some dishes.)

This order was received within a few days of ordering and was very well-packed.
3 helpful votes
on January 7, 2017
The chestnuts were tasty and perfect for the dishes (red cabbage and chestnuts, brussels sprouts and chestnuts, stuffing for the turkey), and the water was an excellent addition to the vegetarian broth.
on December 29, 2015
These are great in many dishes but especially in my stuffing at the holidays. I use about half a can and freeze the rest and thaw as needed, work great.
on December 14, 2015
delicious chestnuts that saved a pile of work roasting, hulling, and cleaning fresh ones. I'll buy them again!
on November 7, 2014
The chestnuts arrived on time, but sour. They were absolutely useless
on December 24, 2013
We were making a chestnut stuffing for a Crown Pork Roast and needed chestnuts out of season. Seen these listed here and purchased them. They were great and worked out wonderful for the receipe we made. Delicious!!
on November 22, 2012
Every Thanksgiving I make chestnut stuffing & use fresh chestnuts but it's alot of work. Thought this year I'd try these & maybe take the easier way....well I opened the can & drained them. They looked horrible & were very mushy & tasted, well..like water! A very faint chestnut flavor but absolutely NO substitute for the real thing so I ran to the store & got the real thing. Despite the work of roasting & peeling fresh chestnuts, it's worth it! Sorry I just don't recommend these to anyone!
6 helpful votes
7 helpful votes
0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.