Amazon Vehicles Beauty Trade in your textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB DG Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning whiteprincess whiteprincess whiteprincess  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 27 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 36 reviews
on February 21, 2011
Even if this Clickfree didn't backup all of my computers flawlessly, quickly and easily, I would recommend it for the easy transfer of an entire IPod music library to a new computer. I was getting frustrated enough with the exercise that I was afraid I was going to have to drag my six year old Dell tower PC (it has to be 30 pounds if it's an ounce) into the Genius bar at Apple and have them do it. The Clickfree device claimed to be able to do it but I didn't believe it. I had tried a myriad of avenues trying to get files from various directories on my old PC into the ITunes library of the new Mac. I decided to try one last item which was the Clickfree. I followed the prompts (there is no user manual) and in less than an hour this device had transferred all 5300 songs to my new Mac. All I had to do was drop and drag the folder onto the ITunes icon. Boom done! The backup is also stellar. It backs up quickly and you can see the files and pick and choose what to restore. Trust me, I am no techie and if I can figure this box out, it is easy! It's the best $100 bucks I've spent in months. Don't hesitate to purchase this gem.
on March 29, 2016
This unit was a replacement for our Clickfree that failed just before we left on vacation. We wanted to have a new unit available to use while we worked with Clickfree's Technical Support on our return in order to retrieve data from the old unit. Imagine our surprise when we found out there is no technical support, only a user forum, most of whom know less than we do! We tried every way humanly possible to contact someone from the company who could help us. No dice! None of the phone numbers even worked, nor the .com. When we buy a product, we expect help when it fails. We also expect the company to stand behind their product. Don't expect either one of those things to happen.
on June 6, 2010
Backing up my computer is an essential function that needs to be performed often. I have learned the hard way about the consequences of not doing regular back-ups. I have tried many desk-top solutions and the Clickfree Automatic is the best I have found.

Positives:

1. Excellent design - small, portable and attractive on a desk (or at least, it does not look like a piece of hardware that belongs tucked away in a data center).

2. Simple and quick to install.

3. Easy to configure, if needed.

4. Runs reliably.

5. Very fair price for 320gb of storage.

Negatives:

1. When the back-up routine initiates, a big pop-up jumps onto the screen, in front of and interrupting whatever the user is doing at the time. This is not harmful in any way, just exceedingly annoying. The pop-up can be minimized. The application should run completely in the background; unfortunately it does not.

2. If Microsoft Outlook is open when the back-up is running, as mine always is, another pop-up jumps onto the screen when Clickfree is in the process of backing up the Outlook .pst file. The pop-up says that the "file being backed-up is in use". This is a meaningless message as the file is properly backed-up. The message also can be minimized.

**** Update July 2 2010: There is an updated version of the Clickfree operating system available to be downloaded which solves my issue #2.

3. The back-up interval can be set in increments up to 2 hours between sessions, or the automatic back-up routine can be turned off completely. Since I am on my computer all day, having the pop-ups (described in 1 and 2 above) appear so often is really disruptive. The user should be able to set automatic back-ups to happen at any interval, even longer than 2 hours. Unfortunately that is not possible with this model. I elected to turn off the automatic back-up. What happens now is that Clickfree begins a back-up whenever the computer is turned on or wakes up from stand-by mode. This works well for me as I put my computer in stand-by several times each day.

Overall, I think this is a good product for a fair price.
on July 15, 2011
This is an amazing product and their tech support is fantastic.

I was a little concerned about my initial backup, as it only took 4 minutes to back up 12,019 files - I had expected it to take several hours. When I checked, it appeared it had backed up all my files, but I couldn't believe that was possible, in 4 minutes, so I called Click Free tech support.

A tech almost immediately answered - a happy surprise, in itself. He verified that everything had been backed up and answered a few questions I had about restoration of files. He advised me that everything backed up into it's original location and would be restored to its original location!

At the end of the call I asked the tech how long I would receive free tech support and was told "for life"! He then gave me an account number and encouraged me to call again, If I had questions or needed any help!

I could not be more pleased with the product and the service!!
on April 24, 2011
I bought a 1TB Clickfree Hard Drive to backup four computers in my house because the 7GB Back-in-a-flash thumbdrives I used to backup individual computers filled up, did not alert me they were filled and failed to do the restart job when one of my computers crashed. I use the Clickfree Drive to backup all four computers at the end of each week. The backup task takes a little time, but the process is easy, does the job quickly and keeps the four computer backup's separate. I think it will have plenty of space for years to come, even with the photos I upload, since it has a terabite of space. I also like the facts that it only re-backsup files that have changed and I can see the file structure of the backed-up data rather than condensed data which is ofter impossible to interpret.
on December 28, 2011
I always kind of hesitate on ordering these things as I use Linux Mint. I'm happy to say the Clickfree is recognized and works as a drop and drag storage device. Perfect! Even better, I had ordered the 250GB version. Clickfree sent me an email that they were out of stock on it and sent me the 320GB instead at no additional charge. 5 stars for customer service and working fine with Linux Mint. I'm a very happy camper!!!
on November 1, 2012
this item was item was 100 % what the company stated , it did a total backup and organized it per the advertisement. I could not be more pleased that we have a current backup considering what has happened to the east coast at this time of dispair, please everyone consider backing up all your data ,just too reload it and know there is a little less stress
on August 29, 2012
I received it yesterday and it didn't work. I called tech support at ClickFree today (they were closed last night) and they had me try it on two notebooks I have. It didn't work on either. They told me it was defective, so I am sending it back. I ordered ClickFree as I am replacing my smaller ClickFree device that has been great the last 2 years, so I ordered another one of the 640GB models. Hopefully it works.
on December 6, 2015
Easiest of all to use, dependable, not overpriced. I love the pair of them I own, one at home, another in the bank's safe deposit box.
on January 21, 2012
Bought this for my mom for Christmas. She plugged it in and that was all there was to it! She had already backed up her computer before she even called to tell me she had received the package. It was that easy. It has now taken her worry away (and MINE) that she will lose all of her data if her computer crashes. Great product and you don't have to be a rocket scientist to use it...even better!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.