Industrial Deals Beauty MagazinestoInspire STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Color: Translucent/Scarlet/Black|Size: One Size|Change

Showing 1-10 of 85 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 87 reviews
on March 28, 2014
This is EXACTLY what I was looking for. My son is 8 years old and 67.5 lbs and this headgear fits him perfectly (it is easily adjustable). The plastic over the ears allows for breathability and bc of that my son does not complain when wearing it. He has worn this in at least 25 matches and has yet to adjust it during a match (he wrestles on an 'intermediate' level so lots of head pulling lol). I've seen many many kids lose their headgear in the middle of a match! My son has a minor hearing impairment and thanks to the placement/holes in the headgear he can finally hear his coach during a match. He struggled significantly with his last pair (b/c of the padding on the ears) and he could not hear his coach in the loud gym. To me, this is the best part. Do not be deterred at the plastic design! Not only does it protect great, but it is also very difficult for opponents to grab/pull behind the ears/back of the head. All in all - Pay the couple extra $$ and GET THIS!!
on February 10, 2017
Thought I would give these a try for my 8 year old. As others have noted they are a bit small, but I was able to adjust them to fit. We should get another year out of them as far as adjustability before going up to the full size. Great size for kids 5-6 just starting out. We have a couple of 5 year olds in the wrestling room with these and they fit them great.
on November 20, 2015
Bought this headgear for my son last year and it was perfect. Well designed. Cleans easily. Good size for smaller wrestlers. I then bought the exact same set for my other son this year. They made some slight changes to this headgear this year that I do not like. It is a little bit larger now and they switched to an obviously cheaper plastic for the translucent covers. It is almost white instead of a clearer plastic and is harder and not as flexible as last year's model (which offered enough protection).
on July 4, 2017
Good quality and easy to adjust to almost any child's head. My 6 year old son with a large head for his age (21 cm) wore this for wrestling season and I think he will be able to wear it 2 more years. It is easy to clean and seems comfortable enough.
on December 5, 2014
This is the only headgear you should buy if your kids wrestle. My kids have been wrestling for 7 years and we go to so many tournaments where I see kids wrestling with their headgear moving or sometimes completely turned around. This one stays in place. Also the little pads that go under the neck are sold separately which is good because they do wear and tear after a few years of use. Great product!
on February 1, 2016
Fits our 7 year old very nicely. It is really nice headgear and much better than just the foam ones. I think this provides much better ear protection.
on August 1, 2017
Fit well, did not slide off. Good adjustable gear.
on May 4, 2012
Cliff Keen Youth Tornado Headgear was perfect all season. Fits well, looks good and is well designed. My son would never take it off. It was his first year wrestling and I had to coax him to first wear it. Then it never came off. He said it was very comfortable...It also stays in place and does not move. I noticed other forms of head gear would get twisted and pulled around and over faces. Great product. Glad we bought this.
on December 4, 2016
My son likes it. He usually doesn't like stuff by his chin, but he says it is comfortable. It's adjustable so he can use this for a couple more years since he's just a beginner. It's also soft and the Velcro does not irritate him.
on April 1, 2014
My son is first year wrestler, he used it for 5 tournaments. Worked well, the only issue I had is that the chin guard made it difficult to velcro the strap, so my son was always adjusting the strap. Solution was to lose the chin guard, then it was not a problem. I would buy this again, and will buy the small adult version when he outgrows the youth model.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.