Industrial Deals HPC Design the future with O'Reilly Media Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. PCB for Musical Instruments $54.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Last Minute Gifts Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon JCVJ JCVJ JCVJ  All-new Echo Save $10 on Fire 7. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

VINE VOICEon March 1, 2007
Although I do have slight qualms about the dangerous things Clifford does (like cause traffic accidents and come face-to-face with a subway train), this is the best Thanksgiving book I've found. It isn't flat or preachy; it doesn't glorify historic events with inaccurate romanticism.

When Emily Elizabeth goes away for Thanksgiving, Clifford decides to visit his mom in the city. On the way he has adventures and even passes by the life-sized Clifford balloon in the Macy's parade! After visiting his mom, he's happy to be reunited with Emily Elizabeth.

This book features Thanksgiving as most of us would like it to be--full of food, friends, family, and fun!
on November 15, 2016
My son loves all the Clifford books, and this is a great addition to the collection!
on December 9, 2016
Little man and I read and re-read this one. A classic
on March 14, 2014
I bought this to read to my grandson, Jacob a few years ago. He loved it and I had to read it every time he came to visit, even though it wasn't Thanksgiving. Clifford is a great dog. The stories "He" tells are wonderful.
on January 2, 2014
The Clifford books are always a hit with my 3 and 2 year old daughters. This Book just about completes the holiday collection. They are a bit much, but our girls read them any time of year.
on August 20, 2013
Kumu Grandchildren love this book, and they ask me to read it to them often. Clifford teaches good values, and I think that's what draw children to love any Clifford book.
on November 4, 2013
My Kids love all the books about clifford, for a great bedtime reading that is quick and easy for the kids to grasp...
on January 11, 2015
All children love to hear about Emily Elizabeth and her Big, Red, dog!
on June 19, 2015
This is a fun and funny book about the Big Red Dog we all know and love. In this story, Emily Elizabeth and the human portion of her family leave to visit grandmother for Thanksgiving. And in her absence Clifford gets lonely and decides to visit his mother in the city.

He has some crazy and funny adventures before getting there --like getting snarled in traffic, and stuck on on a raising bridge. But he does eventually get there and mom and her owner are happy to see him.

Now if you are just looking for a Clifford book, this one is great. I thought it was entertaining and it makes a good practice reader for a child at the beginning 2nd Grade level. (see my post on Thanksgiving books for kids that feature Popular Characters for more info.) However, if you are looking for a book with a strong focus on Thanksgiving-the-holiday and/or 'being thankful' you should look somewhere else. (I thought the Dora book was good.)

Fun story though.