- Series: Cliffs Ap Biology
- Paperback: 408 pages
- Publisher: Cliffs Notes; 4 edition (April 16, 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1118127994
- ISBN-13: 978-1118127995
- Product Dimensions: 8.2 x 1 x 10.9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1 pounds
- Average Customer Review: 4.6 out of 5 stars See all reviews (185 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #25,830 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
CliffsNotes AP Biology, Fourth Edition (Cliffs Ap Biology) 4th Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
From the Back Cover
Up-to-date coverage of the AP Biology exam
Focused reviews of all subject areas with review questions
In-depth coverage of laboratory investigations
2 full-length practice exams
Your complete guide to a higher score on the AP * Biology exam
About the book:
An Overview of the AP Biology Exam
- How you should use this book
- Exam format and grading
- Strategies for all three question types: multiple choice, grid-in, and free-response
Part I: Subject Area Reviews
- Cell Division
- Animal Form and Function
- Cellular Respiration
- Molecular Biology
- Animal Reproduction and Development
- Animal Behavior
- Cell Communication
- Biological Diversity
Part II: Laboratory Review
- Focused review of all AP laboratory investigations
Part III: AP Biology Practice Exams
- 2 full-length practice exams that simulate the actual exam
- Answers and complete explanations
About the Author
Browse award-winning titles. See more
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top Customer Reviews
There are some major differences between the 3rd and 4th editions, because of a change in HS curriculums. That being said...
Here are some examples between the two editions:
Chapter 6 (Cell signaling pathways) in the 4th edition is not in the 3rd and not necessary for the DAT. The 4th edition is way too in depth for some materials and isn't necessary for the DAT (e.g. Chapter 9 Molecular Biology and a history of the experiments that lead to the discovery of DNA).
Most importantly, the 4th edition skips some of the subjects that were in the 3rd edition, subjects that will show up on the DAT.
TLDR: If you're preparing for the DAT, newer is not necessarily better. Stick to Cliff AP 3rd edition.
SAT bio is another story.