Amazon Vehicles Beauty Return your textbook rentals STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Gifts for Dad Shop Popular Services twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 31 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 33 reviews
on December 17, 2012
Practice makes perfect. I have tried several books and this one does it for me. It is systematic in its approach to calculating medications with lots of review and practice. I especially appreciated the review of Roman Numerals (who does math with these bad boys?), the arithmetic review, fractions, etc. The chapter on systems of measurement and conversion is especially helpful, some facilities still use apothecary measurements. The book then has a section explaining dimensional analysis and how to use it in solving medication dosages. Each following chapter then leads you through a series of problems related to different routes of medication and concludes with practice problems. If you purchase a new book there is also a related website that can be accessed with a scratch off code.
on July 8, 2013
Okay let's start with some of the simple facts. I graduated highschool in 1970, became a nurse in 1978. have used calculators, computers, fancy medical calculators, Ipods, Ipads and Palm pilots all with medical programs that help you figure out dosages on the fly. So a few little math problems were no big deal. Well, surprise, surpise, when I openned the text and the pre-test was there, I had the panic attack from H_LL. My god the things that I had forgotten hit me HARD in the face. I'm a college graduate so it should not have been a biggie. The text is written in such a reader friendly way, broken down into the basics that it makes it so comfortable to get the pencil and paper out and do the math. The step-by-step aproach is the best way to learn and have FUN doing the math. The skills come back to you and you remember why and how the calculations are done. The title tells it all. This book is a fantastic way to learn, refresh and acquire the knowledge needed for clinical calculations.
on February 25, 2017
This book is a game changer in the pass/fail aspect of med calc exams! When I was first introduced to this method of calculations I thought I was in big trouble as I needed to know it for nursing. Luckily I came across this book and literally within just a couple of examples I was able to successfully complete all the Dimensional Analysis problems with no hesitation! This is a great book and if your in nursing school I highly recommend!
on January 15, 2013
OH my. If you told me last year I would have to learn this math/way of doing it to pass nursing school, I would have laughed in your face and said I can't go to school. I was terrible in Math. ALWAYS. This book has been my bible and I have now gotten 100 on all my medical calc tests. This is MUST HAVE for anyone, and If I can do it, YOU CAN DEFINITELY DO IT. Best book.
on March 28, 2017
a good help in the RN refresher course
on March 27, 2016
It is a hard book to follow for me.
on October 30, 2013
I was required to buy this book for school but I honestly almost never used it. It's filled with examples and not enough explanations.
on March 21, 2016
best book everrrr
on July 8, 2013
Using the techniques laid out in this text, you can easily master clinical calculations. However, the step by step solutions did not always show the same steps and there are a few problems where the answer provided is just plain wrong! There are many practice problems provided.
on August 9, 2016