Clint Eastwood: 40-Film Collection
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Million Dollar Baby
- Mystic River
- Pale Rider
- Pink Cadillac
- A Perfect World
- Absolute Power
- Any Which Way You Can
- Blood Work
- Bronco Billy
- City Heat
- Dirty Harry
- Every Which Way But Loose
- Gran Torino
- Heartbreak Ridge
- Honkytonk Man
- J. Edgar
- Kelly’s Heroes
- Letters from Iwo Jima
- Magnum Force
- Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil
- Space Cowboys
- Sudden Impact
- The Bridges of Madison County
- The Dead Pool
- The Enforcer
- The Gauntlet
- The Outlaw Josey Wales
- The Rookie
- Trouble with the Curve
- True Crime
- Where Eagles Dare
- White Hunter Black Heart
- Eastwood Factor Documentary
- Eastwood Directs: The Untold Story Documentary
-48 page excerpt from Clint Eastwood: Master Filmmaker at Work
Top Customer Reviews
Trouble with the Curve
That's only 4 newer films added to the collection, none of which are close to his best films, and, once again, the sister film to Letters from Iwo Jima is left out.
As in the previous collection, most all of these films are on two sided discs as there are only 24 discs included in the collection.
Extras include a new documentary about Eastwood the Director which I haven't watched.
As all these films are standard definition DVDs, you will find only a lossy audio on even the best of them and, while in a space saving book-like container, the packaging does provide an improvement over the horribly packaged '35 years' set. The sleeves open like a book and there are 2 discs to each page. Half of the disc is exposed so that you can get a finger in the center hole so that you will not have to grab both sides of the edge, leaving finger oils on the disc. DVDs for a great many of Clint Eastwoods films, especially the older ones, have not be made from original masters...either that or the original masters had problems. Grain, dropouts and playing issues abound for many of these discs. I really cannot recommend this collection on this basis. Many of the DVDs have problems as you will see if you make this purchase. Audio is just okay but, at least, does not serve up the many issues as does the video imaging.Read more ›
- Notable movies that are included:
"Unforgiven", "Mystic River", "Million Dollar Baby", "Gran Torino", "Dirty Harry", "Absolute Power", "Space Cowboys", "Letters From Iwo Jima", "The Outlaw Josey Wales".
- Notable Eastwood movies that are NOT included:
"The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly", "In the Line of Fire", "Flags of Our Fathers", "Changeling"
- Although the product title claims that there are 40 films, there are really only 38 feature films starring or directed by Eastwood. The other two are documentaries about Eastwood's career.
- About the two documentaries:
1. "The Eastwood Factor" - produced in 2010, this is a profile of Eastwood's career. It is narrated by Morgan Freeman, and Eastwood participates in the film and is interviewed.
2. "Eastwood Directs: The Untold Story" - produced in 2013, this is a new documentary that has never been released on DVD prior to this set. However, it can also be seen on television on TCM. The documentary features interviews with actors/producers that have worked with Eastwood, as they discuss his directing process and his body of work.
- If you want Eastwood the actor, fortunately you get most of his great performances in this set. But this set is not specifically for Clint Eastwood the actor - they include his directorial work as well, so there are some films that he does not appear in since his work was strictly behind-the-camera.
- This set is very similiar to a previously released box set: Clint Eastwood: 35 Films 35 Years at Warner Bros.. The two box sets share many of the same movies.Read more ›
I personally like the way the DVDs are grouped by genre within the packaging. This set does not contain the "Dollars Trilogy" or "Play Misty for Me" or "High Plains Drifter," because those were not Warner Bros. films.
I'm a big Eastwood fan. He is an icon and has an intuitive sense in choosing great character driven material and stories that resonate on a personal level.
This set is well worth the price. If you consider the price of each DVD and individual cost for each film, it is great entertainment and nostalgia for a nominal price.
It made my day.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Perfect condition. I didn't know that a heart couldn't be added to the gift card though. My mom's gift got sent to her saying, "Mommy, we love you ??? Read morePublished 5 months ago by Amazon Customer
Cheaply made DVD's constantly freezing. Very disappointed. Don't waste your money.Published 6 months ago by Joseph D.
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Movies & TV > Boxed Sets > Action & Adventure
- Movies & TV > Boxed Sets > Drama
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Action & Adventure
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Drama
- Movies & TV > Movies
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Warner Home Video > Action & Adventure
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Warner Home Video > All Titles
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Warner Home Video > Drama