Clive Aaron Gill
Similar authors to follow
Manage your follows
About Clive Aaron Gill
Told by a professor at Los Angeles City College that he had a talent for writing, Clive Aaron Gill took the compliment literally. The encouragement continued from professors at the University of California, where he earned his degree in Economics and today, has resulted in numerous published works.
Born in Zimbabwe, Clive has spent time in Southern Africa, Europe and North America. He creatively draws from these experiences. His inspiration also stems from his imagination, listening to people’s stories and reading.
In addition to being an author, Clive served as a mediator for the Superior Court of California, the Crime and Substance Abuse Prevention Commission for the City of Vista, and an adjudicator for the cities of Oceanside and San Marcos.
View article at: http://92081magazine.com/2015/11/03/local-Author-Clive-Aaron-Gill-finds-inspiration-in-life-experiences/
Photo by Dawn at Nicoli Productions
Recommended author – R. L. Peterson
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100070639754005&sk=about
- Author page: https://www.rlpetepeterson.com/about
Titles By Clive Aaron Gill
When forty-eight-year-old Joan and Isaac travel to Jerusalem for their son’s wedding, Joan meets her birth daughter, whom she had not seen since she gave her up for adoption. Will Joan find a way to tell Isaac about her child and reconcile with an unforgiving daughter?
This deeply touching tale of love and loss tells how choices affect lives. Paths cross and common needs draw people to each other with the web of friendships and romance in Africa, England, Israel, and California. Bonds of hope, emotions, and companionship tie the story and characters together.
With his characteristic blend of honesty, insight, humanity, and compassion, storyteller Clive Aaron Gill demonstrates writing that is distilled to potent essentials.
American companies assisted the mass identification of Jews, Roma and others during the Second World War, resulting in roundup, torture, and murder. Those companies' business dealings also prolonged the war, resulting in more Allied deaths, and destruction of military equipment and civilian property.
With the onset of World War II, Gershon’s life changes completely. His loving family understands that their happiness has come to a brutal end when forced out of their home and into a ghetto. They have no idea what awaits them, but they know that doing nothing is not an option. Gershon is determined to protect Chaim, his younger brother. He, his mother, sister and Chaim, are crammed into an overcrowded cattle car headed for a concentration camp. He tells about his unimaginable, moving experiences in the horror of the Auschwitz concentration camp, living under conditions of starvation and the constant threat of death.
This is an incredible and inspiring drama about loss and despair, survival and human triumph.
1. Lucia is pregnant. What are the consequences?
2. Do a lonely, retired couple find companionship?
3. Learn about a newborn tragedy.
4. How does a lady get free accommodation in Barcelona?
5. In what way are a parent and child reunited?
6. Does a school bus driver locate her dog?
7. What happens at the beach when a man sees a beautiful woman?
8. When strangers meet on an airplane, what do they discover?
Generations of Jewish families in Poland live normal lives until the twentieth-century horrors overtaking Europe become inescapable.
In 1933, a young woman, Ruth Galaski, her husband and their daughter, live in Warsaw, Poland. World War II breaks out and they quickly understand that their happiness has come to a brutal end. The family is forced to evacuate their ancestral home and find shelter in an overcrowded ghetto where they are starved. Ruth and her daughter are transported out of the ghetto.
Driven by love and an unwavering will to survive and protect her daughter, Ruth, resilient and resourceful, relies on her courage. She makes an incredibly difficult decision with remarkable determination and strength in a desperate but hope-filled move to save her daughter and herself from certain death.
Inspired by true Holocaust events, MOTHER’S COURAGE shows how, in the face of the twentieth-century’s darkest time in Europe, the human spirit perseveres and triumphs.
What transpires when a family rests and prays while they celebrate the Jewish Sabbath during a visit to an elderly relative?
How does a woman react to the booming laughter of a coworker?
Why does a boy have nightmares?
Read about a lonely man’s date with a wealthy woman.
How does a cockatoo react to a barking dog?
Discover what happens to a bride and groom.
Why is a young man surprised when a woman suggests a date?
Will a woman continue a long relationship?
What happens on a Sports Day in Africa?
How does the bus chaperone react when the passengers are missing?
Why is the pet sitter confused?
Discover how a dog helps a patient in a hospital.
Read about an old man who gives a gift to a young couple.
Does an art professor help a homeless man?
Who wins a cross-country race?
The author has a wonderful way with words and his descriptive powers are first class. Furthermore, he has the imagination and intellect to surprise the reader.
Refreshing and Different!
The book of ‘shorts’ had me ‘chuckling out loud’; human drama with witty yet believable scenarios and fun adventure!
Embracing feelings of empathy, joy, sadness and surprise!
Very well written, with humor, wit and love.
Charming, revealing, stories.
This book of short stories is a window into humanity. The stories are so personal that I feel like I have met the characters somewhere, sometime in my past. I loved the characters' solutions to problems and several times remembered a time when I had or wished I had, handled a problem with a similar bent. An excellent read!
The remarkable, fictional novel has a powerful emotional pull in describing the painful reality, hardships and struggle of Jewish life in Poland during World War II, when millions of lives were lost. It was inspired by true events occurring in communities unprepared to resist the brutal Nazi occupation that resulted in forced labor, starvation, torture, and systematic murder of Jews, Roma and others. The characters represent good and evil during World War II.
Natan, a happy boy, grows up in a loving family in a town in southwestern Poland unaware of the grave danger that awaited him. When Germany occupied Poland, seventeen-year-old Natan and his family are seized and forced out of their home into an overcrowded cattle car. He has an unwavering will to go on living while witnessing horrors. Natan and his family are transported to a torturous, notorious concentration camp in Poland where he meets a woman prisoner and falls in love.
How does Natan survive and cope with the loss of loved ones?
Will his love affair last?
Discover how three hundred brave prisoners choose to escape from the camp in a desperate, hope-filled move, against all odds, no matter what the cost.
Where do they go, and who do they meet?
Who trains Natan to become an armed partisan fighter and saboteur?
How does he fight against terror and rescue people?
This inspirational tale of love, friendship and acts of mercy during Natan’s journey to liberation, relates the incredible resilience of the human spirit.
- Reuben waits for a bus. What happens to his cupcakes?
- An office worker waters artificial foliage. Does an observer tell her?
- Roger sees a woman’s dog defecate on his lawn. How does he react?
- A woman cannot read or write. Discover how she is encouraged to learn.
- A young man shares intimacies with a woman. Read about a mistaken identity.
- An apartment window has no glass. What happens during a rainstorm at night?
- Dave can’t find his car in a city. Where is it?
- Why does a visit result in double pleasure?
- A man reads his neighbor’s newspaper every morning. What makes him stop?
A collection of four short stories for your reading pleasure:
1. Can a young girl help her parents improve their relationship?
2. A woman suffers from paranoia. What are the consequences for her family?
3. Two strangers meet in Santa Monica, California. What do they share about their lives?
4. Chris visits a forest recreation area with his Scottish Terrier. Will he find a woman who matches his lifestyle?
1. Keith and Steve are school friends. Will they maintain their friendship as adults?
2. A grandfather never learns to read or write. How does he manage his life?
3. A mother tells the police her daughter is being abused. What is the result of the police investigation?
4. School bus drivers tape the camera lens in a bus. What happens next?
5. The company of visitors gives pleasure. How is that pleasure doubled?