Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $59.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 95 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 96 reviews
on April 29, 2013
We had a wood frame clock that started to slow, even after replacing the battery. So I gave this one a try.

There were a few things that I ran into during installation. 1) it comes with a rubber gasket so although the measurement of the old motor was 1/4 inch, the threads on the new one barely bit. 2) the distance from the clock face to the glass was too short and the second hand would catch so I removed it and used the knob piece (included) instead. 3) the second and minute hands were too long for an 8" face so I had to clip about 2-4mm off the ends.
I would have used the old hands but the old minute hand had a round hole while the new motor has an oblong shape for the fitting (see Amazon's picture).

These are all things I either missed from the product info or were just the constraints of the clock itself not being fully compatible with replacement motors.

Still it looks nice, time is spot on, and it saved me from having to throw away a perfectly good clock face. Time will tell if it lasts as long as the old one.
on June 29, 2012
This product is just what I was looking for, and the quality appears good. I hope it lasts as much or longer than the previous original mechanism did. The installation was easy. I made a few adjustments, clipped the ends of the hands to fit my dial size. Since my dial glass was curved, I bent down the hands a little so they did not touch the glass, and I had to take care there was enough separation between the hands to allow free movement. It works great and looks nice too.
on June 28, 2013
My mom had a old home interiors clock that was just collecting dust in the closet because it didn't work. found this movement and it was so easy to install and it works great. the hands are much nicer compared to the ones that it had and my mom was very happy. the second had comes with it but if you don't want to put it on you don't have to, it also comes with a nut that you can omit the second had and cover it with the nut. I put it on because the other movement that it had did not have one and I am very pleased.
on May 27, 2017
Works fine, a little flimsy but it works. However, it is very loud.
on August 8, 2012
My clock face was 1/4 inch thick which is the shaft that I ordered. What I discovered was that the rear rubber washer was too thick to allow the 1/4 inch shaft to protrude enough for the mounting nut to screw on. Fortunately, the original washer (the one from the mechanism that I was replacing) was thin enough to allow the shaft to extend enough for the mounting nut to screw on. So I suggest you order the 1/8 inch size larger or have a very thin rear washer or not use the rear washer at all.

Once mounted, the mechanism works perfectly. Keeps exact time. So for a modest cost, I was able to return a $150 clock back to service after being roughly treated.
on October 22, 2013
This movement went into a clock given to me at retirement. I was careful to measure things and get as close a match to the original as possible. The only problem I had was that the hands were a bit long, and I couldn't find an exact match. My old one had shorter hands. The hour hand was fine, the second and minute hand were a bit long. I was able to cut the second hand off but the minute hand was not a possibility without affecting the look.

It was "Made in America", and that made points with me.

Overall I was very pleased. I popped it in and it ran like a clock (excuse the pun).
on March 28, 2013
Update, September 2013: Well, after six months, I have to admit that I'm impressed. I set this back in March and now, six months later, it has drifted about five seconds. (This is compared to GPS time on my network and with a used battery taken out of the movement that failed.) Of course, this is a sample size of one, so YMMV. But if I needed another one, I wouldn't hesitate.

This works, but it's nothing to get too excited about. Middle of the road typical, Chinese product. For those of you wondering whether this will work in your application, here are a few more dimensions that may help you decide. The hands are stamped (apparently with dull tooling) from very thin (0.56 mm) aluminum. Hand radii are: second - 4", minute - 4" hour - 2.75". Fortunately, the hands (much shorter) from the clock whose movement had expired more or less fit the pinions on this movement, so it worked out okay. Amazon gives the overall length of the pinions as 11/16", which appears to be about right. The threaded portion is about 1/4" You will need about 1/16" for thread engagement of the nut, so this is suitable only for fairly thin dials. Consequently, the pinions stick pretty far off the front of the dial. The good news is that the movement I got seems to be dead-on accurate. Compared against a GPS clock, it's off less than 2 seconds in a week with a used battery. So no complaints there.
on September 1, 2013
I purchased this to put on a wall clock that had stopped operating. It was hard to tell from the description how to measure for the correct size, so I guessed and it fit. Unless I missed something, the measurements of the hands were not there...and the clock I was trying to get working again is very large. The hands that came with the replacement mechanism were rinky-dink, but luckily I was able to reuse the original hands. Long story short, it works now so I am satisfied!
on June 28, 2012
My clock stopped working, we decided to try to fix it. It had a unique face. I was able to replace the quartz movement very easily. Clock is good as new once again. Very happy!
on December 19, 2012
It's my own fault for not educating myself enough about the measurement conventions for these quartz movements. I was replacing a broken movement and took measurements off of the old one to find the item I needed. This new one arrived and, although it was exactly what I thought I needed, it was a very, very tight fit. But I was able to thread the nut on just enough to keep it secure, and that is good enough for me.