Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
ClosetMaid 8987 Stackable 3-Shelf Organizer, White
|Price:||$29.83 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- **PLEASE NOTE: When opening this box, please make sure to remove all pieces before discarding the box. The back panel is usually pressed against the side of the box.**
- The three spacious shelves with enclosed back is great for your closet or in your office. Ideal for storing folded garments or books.
- Features two adjustable shelves. The openings in this organizer will NOT accomodate the Cubeicals® Fabric Drawers.
- Works great with other ClosetMaid Stackable Organizers.
- Easy to assemble. Made with laminated wood. This product is CARB 93120 Compliant - Phase II.
- Measures 31.5 inches high by 12.125 inches wide by 11.625 inches deep.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Take control of your time and space with help from ClosetMaid! The Stackable Storage Organizers are a convenient way to hold shoes, hobbies, media and office supplies. The 3 Shelf Organizer featuring three spacious shelves with enclosed back is great for your closet or in your office. The sturdy frame with a white finish allows for stacking multiple units or mix and matching configurations with the 31 Inch Vertical Organizer.
From the Manufacturer
12-Inch 3-Shelf organizer. 12-Inch wide by 31-Inch high by 12-Inch deep.
Compare to similar items
This item ClosetMaid 8987 Stackable 3-Shelf Organizer, White
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||
Exclusively for Prime members
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||JA Distribution, LLC|
|Material Type||Wood Laminate||Wood Laminate||Solid Wood||Wood Laminate||Information Not Available||Plastic|
Top customer reviews
Also, just a warning to people: Above you may see that those square cloth drawers are frequently purchased with this item. However, they do not fit in it! This is just intended to be a shelf - notice none of the actual product photos show it with those drawers in it. You can fit two in it (see my photo), but the holes they provide to adjust the shelves don't work for that height, so you'll have to make your own holes or what I did - run screws in from the sides to permanently attach the drawers where needed.
We took the coats OUT, assembled these by stacking them 2 x 2 (two on the bottom, two on the top). They turned out GREAT for their purpose (we're using them for overflow cabinets to keep extra supplements, tea, coffee, etc.).
Here are our tips:
1. Use Gorilla Glue as you assemble the outside structure. Makes them much, much stronger.
2. Use a power drill/screw gun, rather than just a screwdriver, to assemble--speeds it up and you'll get a better fit.
3. Make sure the finished edges are facing outward and upward (you'll see what I mean). The unfinished edge is the bottom.
4. Work on a hard floor to get a good, square assembly. Verify everything's "squared" before you nail on the cardboard backing.
5. We glued all parts of the bottom shelves together. On the top shelving units, we DID NOT glue the bottom shelf in place. We DID assemble it and then nailed the backing on the top shelving unit, EXCEPT for the very bottom shelf, which we then removed before stacking the units. Why did we do this? Just to get two "free" shelves, which we were able to install with some extra shelving brackets we had on hand. I'll post a photo in a few days so you can see what I mean (photo posted 4/7/14: see "Customer Images").
6. Use the dowels provided to "stack." If you want a permanent installation, Gorilla Glue the top unit to the bottom. We did not want a "permanent" installation, so we didn't use glue, The dowels are sufficient to hold the two units in place, as long as you use a bracket to secure the top shelf of the top unit to the back of the closet wall. Works great!
Are these strong enough for a child to climb on all the time? No. But if you live in an all-adult household and need some extra storage, these are a wonderful solution. They look GREAT and are very functional. No painting, no mess, no handyman required. You really CAN do it yourself. Highly recommended!
UPDATE 4/8/14 CORRECTION: We bought FIVE. We bought ONE more unit, just to use as extra shelves within these organizers. Photo of the finished project has been posted under "Customer Images," just FYI). If you buy extra shelves, you'll need extra shelving pins. These fit ours perfectly: Shelf Pin, Flat Spoon-Style, Brass, 5mm (25).
Have a question about these shelving units? Leave a comment & I'll be happy to help you, if I can.
EDIT: Over 3 years later and this was still the best thing I had purchased. It has held up fantastically. I did have to renail some parts of the cardboard backing but that wasn't an issue and I noticed happens to any product that requires a cardboard backing.