Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

Showing 11-20 of 27 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 57 reviews
on April 4, 2014
This is one of my favorite Grateful Dead shows. I bought a bootleg LP of it shortly after the show took place. The bootleg cover is black and white and there is a picture of Jerry through a fish eye lens offering all of us a glass of Champagne. The Dead started at midnight and played until just before Bill Graham provided breakfast to everyone who was still there. Whether you admire him or hate him, Bill Graham had moments of greatness. Bill's obvious affection for the band, and his gratitude to the crowd for dealing with all the hassles of getting a ticket to this special event, expressed at the end of disc 4 seem genuine and heartfelt. He tells everyone to stay as long as they like. The vibe reminded me a bit of the Yankees sending Derek Jeter and Andy Pettitte to the mound to take Mariano Rivera out in his last game. Not everyone likes the Yankees, but it was a great moment for baseball fans;. Not everyone likes Bill Graham but this was one moment no one took issue with. The Blues Brothers, NRPS, the Grateful Dead, and breakfast with Uncle Bobo, a nickname Bill Graham hated. Dead head heaven in a hockey rink concert hall.
The Grateful Dead were at times less than their best at big events with lots of people.The last shows at Winterland fit the special occasion category but the Dead played a long and consistently excellent show.

The 4 cd show is full of highlights. Great songs, great playing, and great sound. it is the sort of recording where the sound has density and texture. There are lots of Power cords and Phil Bombs, This is a a consistently high energy show and the playing gets stronger on each disc. The fourth cd is one long jam followed by the a Capella nugget, "And We Bid You good night". , which for me is a nice send off to their fans and friends. "And thank you, for a real good time."
on June 3, 2014
Love it! Classic rock, includes everybody's favorite songs. Keeps me humming for hours after listening. Highly recommend this one to oldies like me.
on July 8, 2011
Significant archival recording by many Bay Area musicians to celebrate the closing of one of the iconic venues for music in the Sixties and Seventies. Good sound quality and very worthwhile musically. This review is for the compact disc format. There is also a video DVD available of the same concert. Enjoy
on May 6, 2014
Just a long jam session on new years eve. I also think one of the better new years eve shows I've heard.
on August 11, 2015
Amazing
on January 23, 2016
Definitely in the Phil Zone!
on December 20, 2012
This was one of those must have recordings. I have always liked the dead, but never considered myself a dead head. The sound quality was excellent and they did most of their standards which was longer and better live than the original versions. It was good to hear them all together playing so well, even though it happened so many years ago. If you were going to buy just one Greatful Dead recording, this one is it!
on March 6, 2014
I found a ticket and got in. Now I have the cds to hear on the road, cool. Great companion to the video. Rip it to your kindle free.
on January 31, 2014
I was going to write how I forgot how much I like this 'album', but the fact is that years of being a Dead Head has brought a greater appreciation of this album than when I was young!
on May 13, 2013
Disappointed. The audio quality is low. I own the DVD and on it the audio quality is great!
I've dealt the MP3's for many years so know it's always lesser quality than DVD or WAV but this is just plain rough.