Cloud Computing For Dummies 1st Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
From the Back Cover
- Recognize the benefits and risks of cloud services
- Understand the business impact and the economics of the cloud
- Govern and manage your cloud environment
- Develop your cloud services strategy
Get your head into the clouds ― learn what cloud computing is and how to use it
There's a lot more to cloud computing than you may realize. This book takes you through the options, what they can do for your company, how to choose the best approach for your business, and how to build a strategy. You'll learn about managing and securing cloud services and get down-to-earth advice about planning your move to the cloud.
- Get hold of the cloud ― discover how the cloud differs from traditional hardware/software-based resources
- Techie nitty gritty ― explore the technical foundation and evolution of the cloud
- Show me the money ― analyze how much a cloud data center can save your company in power, labor, property, and other expenses
- The cloud tour ― examine the elements of the cloud and service options for infrastructure, platform, and software
- Who's in charge here? ― learn about cloud management and how governance is defined inside the cloud
- Risk and reward ― recognize the assorted risks and how to determine acceptable risk levels
- Cloud security ― understand how to plan for a secure and compliant cloud environment
- Plan for the plunge ― create a detailed plan for implementation
Open the book and find:
- The characteristics of the cloud
- Important security issues and how to handle them
- Cloud standards and best practices
- Efficiencies of the cloud
- Questions to ask a potential cloud vendor
- Groups that clarify, promote, and maintain standards
- How the cloud relates to SOA
- How cloud users benefit from elasticity and scalability
About the Author
Judith Hurwitz (President & CEO), Marcia Kaufman (Partner & COO), and Fern Halper (Partner & Senior Data Management Strategist), are executives at Hurwitz & Associates, strategy consultants specializing in cloud computing, information and service management, and SOA. Robin Bloor is President of the Bloor Group, an IT analyst company. They are the authors of Service Management For Dummies and Service Oriented Architecture For Dummies.
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
We have made a circle, only time will tell if the idea will be a success.
Top international reviews
Finding only shipment where bills are not there and pod amount is written in hand no printouts are pasted nor found inside. Kindly prove the copy of the bill urgently.
There's another great chapter which introduces available cloud products by major Players like IBM, VMware etc.