3-Year Musical Instruments Accident Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- Coverage for drops, spills and product malfunctions
- 24/7 customer support
- Free shipping on all repairs with no deductibles or hidden fees
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan
Cloud Microphones CL-1 Cloudlifter 1-channel Mic Activator
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Uses phantom power to give passive mics (mainly used for dynamic and ribbon mics) up to +25dB without passing phantom power on to mic.
- Easy to use self contained design requires only phantom power to work. **Does not use phantom power to power mics.
- Recommended for use with all passive dynamic microphones
- Compatible with tube, battery, or power supply driven microphones – Safe for all passive ribbons with no transfer of phantom
- Does not power the mics themselves using phantom power (That is not what this is designed for). Instead, place the cloudlifter at the front of your dynamic mic, then hit it with phantom power and your basic mic (even an SM58 style mic) will shine like never before.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare with similar items
Focusrite Scarlett Solo (2nd Gen) USB Audio Interface with Pro Tools | First
Cloud Microphones CL-1 Cloudlifter 1 Channel Microphone Activator / Preamplifier -INCLUDES- Blucoil 10 ft Balanced XLR Male / Female Cable PLUS 5 Pack Cable Ties
Cloud Microphones Cloudlifter CL-2
Cloud Microphones CL-Z Cloudlifter 1-channel Mic Activator w/Variable Impedence
ART Tube MP/C Tube Pre-Amplifier/Opto-Compressor-Limiter Project Series
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||RECORDING STORE||Amazon.com||Quantum Networks||Calumet||RECORDING STORE||Total Source Products|
|Item Dimensions||4 x 7 x 2 in||5.71 x 1.77 x 4.41 in||7 x 9 x 4 in||5 x 6 x 2 in||4 x 7 x 3 in||6.7 x 10.6 x 2.7 in|
Cloudlifter CL-1 Mic Activator. "The Cloud Microphones Cloudlifter CL-1 Mic Activator offers up to +25db of ultra-clean gain, for passive microphones, inline using phantom power. There are certain mics revered for their sound quality. Among them are passive ribbon mics, such as the Royer R121 (#581141 or MXL R40 (#H69305), and low-sensitibity dynamic mics, such as the Shure SM7B (#270247) and the Electro-Voice RE20 (#270009). But if your preamp doesn't have enough gain or the right impedance requirements, these mics won't perform well. So what do you do if you can't afford a high-end preamp with tons of gain? The Cloud Microphones Cloudlifter CL-1 Mic Activator is the solution. The Cloudlifters address problems due to gain and impedance requirments by giving passive microphone signals a major inline boost, up to +25db of ultra-clean gain, while properly loading the microphones' transformer for transparent operation. The Cloudlifter CL-1 is self contained, driven only by the phantom power from your mixer or preamp. Ideal for dynamics and ribbons alike, the CL-1 turns phantom power into the extra gain required for using passive microphones. The immediate dose of extra gain can make even a budget microphone/preamp combination sound clean and professional. For broadcasting and live sound, the active output signal of the CL-1 can prevent added noise over long cable runs. With endless uses, Cloudlifters are quickly becoming a standard addition to professional, project and home studios. Read what the pros are saying about the Cloudlifter: ""It's simply about gain - the Cloudlifter is a clever and useful solution..."" - Rob Tavaglione, Pro Audio Review February 2010 ""The Cloudlifter is a winner. It solves problems some ribbon-mic owners don't even know they have. It does exactly what it claims to do, and does so well."" - Matthew Mcglynn, Recording Hacks February 2010 "
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I could not hear any difference at all between the recordings, and using the analysis features of both Audacity and Wavelab, I could find no visible differences between the recordings in terms of frequency spectrum used. I am fully convinced the CL-1 does exactly what it's supposed to: Deliver 25db of clean, transparent gain to your mic's signal before it ever hits your interface or mixing desk.
Pre half way up. Perfect unity gain and no noise.
Most recent customer reviews
This did the trick. I love how simple it is. And it’s not a dramatic boost.Read more